Decimated al Qaeda Captures Mosul & Tikrit Iraq

Yup. al Qaeda has been decimated. And they just captured another Iraqi city.

2014-06-11T112559Z_1_LYNXMPEA5A0E2_RTROPTP_2_IRAQ-SECURITY.JPG

By Ghazwan Hassan

TIKRIT Iraq (Reuters) - Sunni rebels from an al Qaeda splinter group overran the Iraqi city of Tikrit on Wednesday and closed in on the biggest oil refinery in the country, making further gains in their rapid military advance against the Shi'ite-led government in Baghdad.

The threat to the Baiji refinery comes after militants from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) seized the northern city of Mosul, advancing their aim of creating a Sunni Caliphate straddling the border between Iraq and Syria.

The fall of Mosul, Iraq's second biggest city, is a blow to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's attempts to defeat the militants, who have seized territory in Iraq over the past year following the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

About 500,000 Iraqis have fled Mosul, home to 2 million people, and the surrounding province, many seeking safety in the autonomous Kurdistan region.

Having also taken two small towns north of Baghdad, Dhiluiya and Yathrib, the insurgents are in control of between 10 and 15 pct of Iraqi territory, excluding Kurdistan, and have led many Iraqis to fear they have the capital, Baghdad, in their sights.

Security sources said ISIL militants on Wednesday drove more than 60 vehicles into Tikrit, the home town of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, which lies about 100 miles (160 km) north of Baghdad.

The militants occupied the provincial government headquarters and raised the black flag of ISIL.

Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance
I've heard 30,000 Iraqi troops ran from about 800 insurgents?
Does that sound possible, to you?

Not really.

But then they did it during Desert Storm, so who knows.

Most Arabs think warfare is parking their vehicles on opposite hills and shooting rounds in the enemy's general direction. Then after a couple of hours they drink some Chi and they pack up and go home.

America needs to COMPLETELY ween itself off of anything that has to do with the middle east. If those people want all that sand and drought to use as an arena to kill each other in the name of Allah why not let them?

I would agree with you, but one problem remains.......Obama has made us even more dependent on their oil, so doing so is extremely retarded.

That's pretty much you in a nutshell. :eusa_angel:

Oh so let's send a few hundred thousand soldiers to die in Iraq so that their biggest client, China, doesn't have any interruptions in service. That will lower the price of oil for everyone! It'll be great!

If a few thousand more American soldiers get blown up in Iraq then my girlfriend will be okay with me buying the Acura that I want because premium gas will be a little cheaper :thup:

America needs to COMPLETELY ween itself off of anything that has to do with the middle east. If those people want all that sand and drought to use as an arena to kill each other in the name of Allah why not let them?

I would agree with you, but one problem remains.......Obama has made us even more dependent on their oil, so doing so is extremely retarded.

Oh so let's send a few hundred thousand soldiers to die in Iraq so that their biggest client, China, doesn't have any interruptions in service. That will lower the price of oil for everyone! It'll be great!

If a few thousand more American soldiers get blown up in Iraq then my girlfriend will be okay with me buying the Acura that I want because premium gas will be a little cheaper :thup:

When did this happen? I heard it was 5000. More died during Iwo Jima in one day than that. When did a few hundred thousand die?

You obviously have a serious problem with perspective.

Last edited:
TERRORISTS GAINS OVER 100% WHILE CLUELESS OBAMA PLAYS GOLF! TERRORISTS BASE = AFGAN,SYRIA AND NOW IRAQ,BACKED BY IRAN AND IRAN BACKED BY RUSSIA!! THIS IS VERY Bad!!!

When did this happen? I heard it was 5000. More died during Iwo Jima in one day than that. When did a few hundred thousand die?

5000 more dead will lower my gas prices by 10 cents. Let's do it mudwhistle let's go back to Iraq and fuck shit up :thup:

Ain't aq, boys. Need a quick study chart to know the players.

And how many troops do we have there?

And how many dead and wounded Americans?

Like that even matters now. All of that money and blood wasted by Obama.

The point is al Qaeda was there before and now they're back.

It doesn't matter a damn to a tussbucket like yourself because you act like Obama didn't lie that al Qaeda was toast, but instead they're winning big, and Obama's helping them. He's handing countries over to them on a silver platter.

The more you say the more you show yourself to be an ignorant stick in the mud that doesn't care about the truth anymore.
Obama is like a Trojan Horse. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like he's created so much anger and division politically America goes to bed angry after analysts try to make sense of the current presidential fiat each day. I saw a newscast with the new map. Al Qaeda has more territory than ever before, and they were set up by the same Muslim Brotherhood that sprung from the ideology of Muslims who insisted that Hitler step up Jewish murders in World War II to 6 million. This seems to be Chapter II of Hitler's meddling with Middle Eastern affairs, only this time the carnage will be in the Middle East and not in Europe.

I'm horrified that Harvard Law School had a collaborative hand in this turn of events, but they pushed him, hid his school records so nobody would know he was not a US Citizen, and feathered his nest to help hurt conservative and military Americans.

We're seeing betrayal on an unprecedented scale, and the press plays party time at all the chatter. :(

Think!!! Terrorists taking over syria,iraq,afgan!!! How long before another 9/11 attack on the usa???? Terrorists can walk over our southern border with a small nuke or bio germs ====how long before we are hit???? This clueless obama is just clueless!!!

5000 more dead will lower my gas prices by 10 cents. Let's do it mudwhistle let's go back to Iraq and fuck shit up :thup:

Do us a favor and go jump off a cliff.

How bout that?

What would having American troops still in Iraq actually achieve?
You Obama-haters know that they'd still be fighting - and dying - right?
Forever.

What would the end-game look like when the troops could leave and everyone could say - "well, that was a good job well done"?

Like that even matters now. All of that money and blood wasted by Obama.

The point is al Qaeda was there before and now they're back.

It doesn't matter a damn to a tussbucket like yourself because you act like Obama didn't lie that al Qaeda was toast, but instead they're winning big, and Obama's helping them. He's handing countries over to them on a silver platter.

The more you say the more you show yourself to be an ignorant stick in the mud that doesn't care about the truth anymore.

Money and blood wasted by Obama???

Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell us how much more money and blood you'd like for us to keep wasting there.

I counter your ignorant response with; How much more blood will be spilled elsewhere once al Qaeda has their own country or countries? These fuckers were able to plan 911 from tents in the desert.

Just imagine a world war that nobody escapes from. You won't be able to watch Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty, because it will spread here as well. You won't be able to afford the electricity.

Obama wants unrest in the Middle East to drive up the price of oil. He doesn't care that it will be worse than that.

Obama wants to drive up the cost of oil?

Absurd.

As much as I'd like to believe that Obama is somehow to blame for ISIS, I'm not sure how the Shiite Iraqis are not primarily to blame.

Forever.

What would the end-game look like when the troops could leave and everyone could say - "well, that was a good job well done"?

I'm sure there was a time they said the same about Germany and Japan.

Problem with some, they don't remember history, and can't see past their own little part of the world.

Who cares if Obama causes one humanitarian crisis after another. At least we don't have any deaths to talk about. Forget the fact they've been dying in Afghanistan all of this time. 4 out of 5 who have died in Afghanistan died since Obama took office.

Forever.

Problem with some, they don't remember history, and can't see past their own little part of the world.

Who cares if Obama causes one humanitarian crisis after another. At least we don't have any deaths to talk about. Forget the fact they've been dying in Afghanistan all of this time. 4 out of 5 who have died in Afghanistan died since Obama took office.

So, if troops were still in Iraq, what would the end look like?
At what point would it be time to finally pack everything up and leave knowing that everything was achieved?

Money and blood wasted by Obama???

Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell us how much more money and blood you'd like for us to keep wasting there.

I counter your ignorant response with; How much more blood will be spilled elsewhere once al Qaeda has their own country or countries? These fuckers were able to plan 911 from tents in the desert.

Just imagine a world war that nobody escapes from. You won't be able to watch Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty, because it will spread here as well. You won't be able to afford the electricity.

Obama wants unrest in the Middle East to drive up the price of oil. He doesn't care that it will be worse than that.

Obama wants to drive up the cost of oil?

Absurd.

As much as I'd like to believe that Obama is somehow to blame for ISIS, I'm not sure how the Shiite Iraqis are not primarily to blame.

Yeah, I know, it sounds absurd.

Nobody would dare believe that an American president would hate his own country so much to want to drive up the cost of energy.........even though youtube is a really good way of proving that this is exactly what he wants.

Thing is, Hillary is of the same ilk as well.

Forever.

So, if troops were still in Iraq, what would the end look like?
At what point would it be time to finally pack everything up and leave knowing that everything was achieved?

We're still in Germany and Japan. Figure it out.

The point isn't to leave. The point is to make things better. Democracy and whatnot.

You know, Democracy and freedom?

You remember that, don't you?

I figure it's too late to go back. Obama set us on a course of no return. He's gutless, and because he's gutless, people are suffering and dying today. His weakness and lack of real answers will only make things worse. And the reason this happens is because he never pays a price for his mistakes. He has no incentive to succeed.

Forum List

Back