Decided, this is what I want

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
When they become available again

KelTec KS 7 12 gauge voted 2020 American Rifleman Shotgun of the Year.

Kel-Tec-KS7-SHOT-Show-2019-pump-shotgun-12-gauge-lightweight-survival-1.jpg

5.9 pounds empty
26.1 inches overall length
18.5 inch barrel
13 inch L.O.P
Bottom eject
Capacity 7 + 1 2 3/4" shells, 6 + 1 3" shells
Top carry rail can be replaced with Picatinny rail
Cost $400 - $500

Here's a picture of one decked out by Hi-Tec Custom Concepts.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

It has the Picatinny rail, accessory (velcro) stock wrap and their "Howitzer" muzzle brake.
Supposedly they're working on developing a vertical grip for the charging handle.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

It has the Picatinny rail, accessory (velcro) stock wrap and their "Howitzer" muzzle brake.
Supposedly they're working on developing a vertical grip for the charging handle.
How many rounds or is this a single shot? I honestly don't know.

5.9 pounds empty
18.5 inch barrel
13 inch L.O.P
Bottom eject
Cost $400 - $500

Son in law tried to talk me into buying one, even tho he knows I have no way to get to the range to shoot it.

(Maybe he wanted me to buy it so he could inherit it?)

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

It's the same shotgun as the original post with the upper handle replaced with a picatinny rail. I listed capacity in the OP.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

It's the same shotgun as the original post with the upper handle replaced with a picatinny rail. I listed capacity in the OP.
Okay. It would have been quicker and easier to have just listed the spec. Hey, its your time to waste.

So, if

this is the capacity, how many is that?

7 + 1 2 3/4 is 13/4 or 3.25 shell capacity?

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

Why not just say it holds 7 shells, or 6 shells and one in the chamber?

Oh, wait. That is 7 + 1 2 three quarter inch shells.. So...10 3/4" shells?

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

Okay. It would have been quicker and easier to have just listed the spec. Hey, its your time to waste.

So, if

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

Dude, do you not know there are 3" and 2 3/4" shells? Both will fit in this shotgun. Obviously the shorter shell will fit one more than the 3" shells, the + 1 means one in the chamber..........

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

So, if

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

Dude, do you not know there are 3" and 2 3/4" shells? Both will fit in this shotgun. Obviously the shorter shell will hold one more than the 3" shells, the + 1 means one in the chamber..........
I'm saying that the presentation was difficult to follow.

They could have said,

7 shells of 2 and 2/4 inch and they could have said, 7 shells of 3 inches.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

So, if

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

Dude, do you not know there are 3" and 2 3/4" shells? Both will fit in this shotgun. Obviously the shorter shell will hold one more than the 3" shells, the + 1 means one in the chamber..........

They could have said,

They're making a distinction because it will fire both shells and the +1 is always used when indicating loading one in the chamber with the tube full. Not everyone likes to keep a round chambered specifically for safety reasons.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

So, if

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

They could have said,

They're making a distinction because it will fire both shells and the +1 is always used when indicating loading one in the chamber with the tube full. Not everyone likes to keep a round chambered specifically for safety reasons.
Sure. I'm just saying that their English isn't up to snuff. Always write for comprehension, not technical jargon.

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

So, if

Or

6 + 1 3' shells.

This is 7, 3' shells?

They could have said,

Sure. I'm just saying that their English isn't up to snuff. Always write for comprehension, not technical jargon.
The technical jargon is primarily for legal reasons plus to dispel any confusion. "You advertised this gun will hold 8 rounds!! Why can I only get 7 in the tube??!!" People are stupid......... They go to court for spilling hot coffee on themselves and they use computer CD/DVR drives as cup holders.......

HTC-105_KS7_d-pop.jpg

What's a pickaninny rail?
Don't know but I do know what a picatinny rail is........ :eusa_whistle:

The technical jargon is primarily for legal reasons plus to dispel any confusion. "You advertised this gun will hold 8 rounds!! Why can I only get 7 in the tube??!!" People are stupid......... They go to court for spilling hot coffee on themselves and they use computer CD/DVR drives as cup holders.......

I had a girlfriend, once, who could hold 8 rounds.

I always passed out before I got any, though.

5.9 pounds empty
18.5 inch barrel
13 inch L.O.P
Bottom eject
Cost $400 - $500

The thing to remember in a SHTF or "zombie" apocalypse situation is that you might well need to leave the confines of your home and face the great outdoors or rather cross some of it, on your way to safety. While I've served with fellow soldiers and federal LEOs who were quite adept with both hi-tech shotgun slugs and flechette rounds at medium distances, you might be screwed in such situations if you must stand off with bad guys at three hundred meters or more. Still, I've heard good things about this particular shotgun model.

5.9 pounds empty
18.5 inch barrel
13 inch L.O.P
Bottom eject
Cost $400 - $500

The thing to remember in a SHTF or "zombie" apocalypse situation is that you might well need to leave the confines of your home and face the great outdoors or rather cross some of it, on your way to safety. While I've served with fellow soldiers and federal LEOs who were quite adept with both hi-tech shotgun slugs and flechette rounds at medium distances, you might be screwed in such situations if you must stand off with bad guys at three hundred meters or more. Still, I've heard good things about this particular shotgun model.
While I was a boy scout, was in the military eons ago (back when we were using swords and spears.....) and am a former LEO myself, I'm 64 years old and I'm not worried about it. I have limiting physical challenges, take blood pressure and prostate medication and have never considered myself a prepper. Life happens and none of us get out of this alive....... Besides, I don't care how prepared you are there's no guarantee you'll make it through the first day, if it's that bad chances are you won't.

Forum List

Back