December jobs report misses expectations by more than 50%

Uh yeah... that is the point.
They simply vanished from the working scene. Spent all of 2020 and a good part of 2021 never looking.

This is not necessarily a bad thing depending upon who it is that has left the work force.

This is the change in workforce participation from Sept of 2019 to Dec of 2021 according to BLS.

1641736282549.png

It is sort of fun looking back at the similar threads from a couple years ago.

This is what mine shows....the one I highlighted is pretty fun to watch how much people's views on these things change based upon the party of the man sitting in the White House.

1641736961205.png

I got it from the financial and articles like these:
View attachment 584980

Comparing this year to last year, when everyone was unemployed due to demonrats forcing them out of work due to covid does not indicate a good Christmas buying season you idiot.

Is that how you try to make your miserable excuse for a president look good? Compare him to Trumps worst year? When Biden can get down to 3.5% unemployment, maintain that for almost a year with Trumps labor participation rate, then we can talk.

Last edited:
Even you are not this stupid.
Right now. There are 4.2 million less people employed than there was January 2020 pre-covid.
Labor participation is 6% less.
The 3.9% is what it is due to 6% less people being counted as unemployed... that had a job Jan 2020,,, but have been unemployed so long - they are no longer counted.
Okay. lol.

Comparing this year to last year, when everyone was unemployed due to demonrats forcing them out of work due to covid does not indicate a good Christmas buying season you idiot.

Is that how you try to make your miserable excuse for a president look good? Compare him to Trumps worst year? When Biden can get down to 3.5% unemployment, maintain that for almost a year with Trumps labor participation rate, then we can talk.

Ironically 2020 was Trump's best year for Christmas sales. Are you ever not wrong?

1641737528024.png

Not sure we will ever get back to pre 2020 levels again...

View attachment 584933
This is all a ripple effect from a worldwide disruption, not really Biden’s fault but the president is blamed for bad economies and takes credit for good ones, regardless of how little effect he actually has.

I don’t think we will get back to what was either.

This is all a ripple effect from a worldwide disruption, not really Biden’s fault but the president is blamed for bad economies and takes credit for good ones, regardless of how little effect he actually has.

I am not sure we need to. As long as not just because of Govt money, then people feeling financially secure enough to choose not to work is a good thing

Yes and no.
Obviously Presidents love to take credit for everything that is good, and blame everything that is bad on his predecessor.
The Biden Administration is unique to the degree in how they collectively try to deny the undeniable. Trump would do this, obviously, and then his staff would have to follow behind him trying to say what he really meant. The Biden admin as a team say some of the most absurd things.
Inflations is undeniable. The Biden admin first not only denied inflation existed, but tried to say prices were actually lowering. Raising the eyebrows of even MSNBC's economic consultants. Then they tried to say it isn't that bad, then tried to say it was only short term before finally admitting this is going to be a long haul.
Last week they tried to say they have accomplished record added jobs. Which simply isn't remotely true. We still have 4,000,000 jobs to go to get back to where we were pre covid. There have been NO jobs added. Just portions coming back, which is a good thing, but trying to say they are creating new jobs is simply wrong.

I’ve had many people tell me their interest rates have skyrocketed since they have had to live off their credit cards for two years now.

Bet credit card debt is at an all time high.

Do not forget the Govt was handing out money like crazy in 2020 plus stopped evictions. People had money to spend.

Forum List

Back