December jobs report misses expectations by more than 50%

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
"The US added 199,000 nonfarm payrolls last month, far lower than the 450,000 median forecast estimated by economists surveyed by Bloomberg."

Afghanistan withdrawal: fail
Securing the border: fail
Covid19 reduction: fail
Economy: fail

Let's go Brandon!

"The US added 199,000 nonfarm payrolls last month, far lower than the 450,000 median forecast estimated by economists surveyed by Bloomberg."

Let's go Brandon!
It also ignores the FACT that millions have dropped out of the Job market and are no longer lookin'.

It also ignores the FACT that millions have dropped out of the Job market and are no longer lookin'.

You say that is like a bad thing. I would love to be able to drop out of the job market, but I love my toys and travel too much....10 more years max and then BOOM I will be out of the job market.

Let's go Brandon!
At 3.9% unemployment, who cares?

You say that is like a bad thing. I would love to be able to drop out of the job market, but I love my toys and travel too much....10 more years max and then BOOM I will be out of the job market.
Not sure it is a good thing.

If folks don't work...they don't make money.

Without money, less is bought.

Less bought, less demand, more people lose their jobs.

Recognise the cycle?

It could result in an economic death spiral.

Not sure it is a good thing.

Recognise the cycle?

It's could result in an economic death spiral.

Or they have enough money to buy what they want and need.

Do you never plan to leave the workforce?

Or they have enough money to buy what they want and need.

Do you never plan to leave the workforce?

Oh... they'll force me to quit eventually...but I love what I do.

But I'm not talking about my generation.

I don't buy much because I already have all I need and then some.

I'm mostly referencing young people dropping out of the labor pool.

Not sure I believe that number is an accurate depiction of actual unemployment levels.

Not sure we will ever get back to pre 2020 levels again...

1641577105447.png

Seems the core working age is pretty well represented...looking for the 2019 numbers to see how they compare

1641578085143.png

Not sure I believe that number is an accurate depiction of actual unemployment levels.
No kidding? You guys don't believe much of anything, that is often true whether you believe it or not. You cannot control reality with what you believe. It doesn't work like that. It is fallacy.

How many people that you know personally are are having trouble finding a job? How is traffic, in terms of city street traffic (usually a good indication of an employed workforce and vibrant economy)? If near a major interstate running coast to coast or northern border to southern border of ocean, how it the truck traffic? I can tell you I-40 is crowded with Semi's. Somebody is loading, unloading, building, buy and selling and it is not me. Lots to commercial shipping indicates commerce that requires people. I know people that are employed, but actively seeking even better jobs and finding them. Life is good in the hinterland.

You might not be a pro-Joe kind of guy, but the country is doing pretty good. Business is booming. People are working. Stock markets are still climbing. It is cold, so few people are protesting. We just came through a successful Christmas buying season. Like the way we got out or not, we ended a 20-year war and brought our troops home. With things like this, it is pretty hard for normal people to worry much about new jobs creation as the employment market tightens on full employment of people that actually want or need to work.

You had no trouble ignoring that FACT when Tramp set the all time record for workers dropping out of the labor force to get HIS low UE rates!!!

Forum List

Back