Debt ceiling deal reached

Short term, long term. No one pays attention to any of the bluster any longer.

Short term, long term. No one pays attention to any of the bluster any longer.
They probably should. Schumer's flaks are saying the Turtle surrendered but what McConnell did was to back Schumer into a corner he can't get out of. The Left want a bipartisan cover for their insane spending and marble-mouth Mitch said nope. The hysteria on the Left was centered around saying there wasn't enough time to get a Reconciliation package done so that the Dems could pass the spending by themselves with a tiebreaker vote by Heels Up.
McConnell's deal here will keep spending at current level for about 60 days - PLENTY of time for the Ds to craft their Reconciliation bill, vote it up and get the senile perv's signature on it. I'd bet the farm that in early December we still see the same argument from your heroes. "The Republicans want to destroy the economy". If the Ds do THAT, I say let it burn.

They probably should. Schumer's flaks are saying the Turtle surrendered but what McConnell did was to back Schumer into a corner he can't get out of. The Left want a bipartisan cover for their insane spending and marble-mouth Mitch said nope. The hysteria on the Left was centered around saying there wasn't enough time to get a Reconciliation package done so that the Dems could pass the spending by themselves with a tiebreaker vote by Heels Up.
McConnell's deal here will keep spending at current level for about 60 days - PLENTY of time for the Ds to craft their Reconciliation bill, vote it up and get the senile perv's signature on it. I'd bet the farm that in early December we still see the same argument from your heroes. "The Republicans want to destroy the economy". If the Ds do THAT, I say let it burn.

McConnell passed insane spending under Trump.

Mitch is kicking the can down the road knowing he has no intention of picking it up
He'll pick it up once he figures out how to make it put the GOP in a positive light. Does anyone in the country believe that the government will ever actually shut down regardless of how high the debt is?

Forum List

Back