death row--firing squad or injection

Fast, efficient and cheap. Whatever works. I do believe that once the criminal is definitely determined guilty, with positive proof, no stays, no delays, punish asap and be done with them.
The problem of no stays, no delays, et cetera, is that they have found that some individuals on death row were found to be innocent. When I took my Criminal Justice classes years ago, it was pointed out that there was an estimate of approximately 27 individuals that had been executed in the past that were later found to have been innocent of the crime for which they were executed. Once the state has murdered the innocent person, it can't be taken back. I only believe in the death penalty if the evidence is so overwhelming, that it couldn't possibly be anyone else. In those cases, once they arrive in prison, you give them a multiple choice option.
"Dear Death Row Inmate, welcome to your last residence, you may choose from one of the following methods of execution. Once your preferred method is selected, such method may not be changed:
a. Death by Lethal Injection.
b. Death by Hanging.
c. Death by Electrocution.
d. Death by Gas Chamber.
e. Death by Firing Squad.
f. Death by Decapitation.
g. Death by being beaten to death with baseball bats in the hands of the victim(s) family and friends.
Note: Death by old age is NOT a choice!
I am talking about absolute proof. Videos, DNA, Admissions, etc.

Fast, efficient and cheap. Whatever works. I do believe that once the criminal is definitely determined guilty, with positive proof, no stays, no delays, punish asap and be done with them.
The problem of no stays, no delays, et cetera, is that they have found that some individuals on death row were found to be innocent. When I took my Criminal Justice classes years ago, it was pointed out that there was an estimate of approximately 27 individuals that had been executed in the past that were later found to have been innocent of the crime for which they were executed. Once the state has murdered the innocent person, it can't be taken back. I only believe in the death penalty if the evidence is so overwhelming, that it couldn't possibly be anyone else. In those cases, once they arrive in prison, you give them a multiple choice option.
"Dear Death Row Inmate, welcome to your last residence, you may choose from one of the following methods of execution. Once your preferred method is selected, such method may not be changed:
b. Death by Hanging.
d. Death by Gas Chamber.
g. Death by being beaten to death with baseball bats in the hands of the victim(s) family and friends.
Not via admissions alone. Many an individual has confessed to crimes, even murder, after hours of intense interrogation and with desperately wanting the repeated questioning to end, they agree to what the interrogator keeps asking. I agree wholeheartedly with the DNA aspect, plus an admission.

b. Death by Hanging.
d. Death by Gas Chamber.
Not via admissions alone. Many an individual has confessed to crimes, even murder, after hours of intense interrogation and with desperately wanting the repeated questioning to end, they agree to what the interrogator keeps asking. I agree wholeheartedly with the DNA aspect, plus an admission.
I agree, there has been proof that some people have been coerced into a confession.

Forum List

Back