Death Panels Alive and Well

We've had them for quite some time now:

death-panels_border.jpg

So...private insurance companies deciding who lives and who dies is evil.

Government deciding who lives and who dies is good and righteous and holy.

That about cover it?

Thats bull you can't sue the government insurance companies can be sued

We've had them for quite some time now:

death-panels_border.jpg

So...private insurance companies deciding who lives and who dies is evil.

Government deciding who lives and who dies is good and righteous and holy.

That about cover it?

Thats bull you can't sue the government insurance companies can be sued
Oh, but J, the government has your best interests at heart, and will seek only to provide you the best care available, no matter the expense.

Or so the people in la-la land keep telling us. In all actuality, if the treatment you need is too expensive, you'll be given Motrin until you die.

There is a certain jaundiced view, here on this board, characterized by those individuals who will defend any and every pronouncement, and directive because the origin of said device is their chosen political party or political hero.

So, earlier this year these fools pointed and cackled about those of us characterizing aspects of the so-called healthcare plan as a “Death Panel.”

Yes…you know who you are, fool.

1. First the “Death Panel cut costs as follows: “Two years ago the task force recommended that women in their 40s should no longer get routine mammograms, triggering controversy. The recommendation to avoid the PSA test is even more forceful and applies to healthy men of all agesHealth | Healthy men shouldn't get protest test, panel says | Seattle Times Newspaper

2. Now, “Healthy men should no longer receive a PSA blood test to screen for prostate cancer because the test does not save lives overall and often leads to more tests and treatments that needlessly cause pain, impotence and incontinence in many, a key government health panel has decided.

The draft recommendation by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, due for official release next week, is based on the results of five well-controlled clinical trials and could substantially change the care given to men 50 and older.”Ibid.

3. Interviewed about this development, was Dr. David Samadi, a board certified urologic oncologist trained in open traditional and laparoscopic surgery and is an expert in robotic prostatectomy surgery. He is the Vice Chairman, Department of Urology, and Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. He has dedicated his distinguished career to the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer and is considered one of the most prominent surgeons in his field.

a. In the interview, he expressed disappointment, if not surprise, explaining that these tests save lives. 40’s and 50’s are far from ‘old,’ and these tests are the reason why America’s medical care, in the area of cancer detection and treatment is far superior to nations with socialized medicine.

b. Dr. Samadi predicted that colonoscopies would be next on the panel’s list.

4. This development cannot be fully understood without realizing that leftist political philosophies do not honor human life. This leftist President actually appointed an advocate of widespread sterilization, and depopulation, Dr. John Holdren, as his 'science advisor.'
He enrolled Communitarians on his healthcare advisory panel, such as Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff…”is one of those responsible for inserting into the “healthcare bill” the ideas that we no longer should have rights, such as determining what care we can buy, or how long we should live, and doctors should no longer look to the Hippocratic Oath, and the particular patient, but neglect the patient in the interests of ‘social justice,’ and the society as a whole.
CPN - Tools

a. The study further explains how several provisions of Obamacare give insurers, doctors, and hospitals incentives to deny and ration health care to patients. The American Spectator : The Obamacare Disaster

b. "...a study based on data from 1993 through 1997 found lower cancer survival rates among Canadians than among Americans." Chen VW, Howe HL, Wu XC, Hotes JL, Correa CN (eds). Cancer in North America, 1993-1997. Volume Two: Mortality. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, April 2000

Death Panels are alive and well.

Why, they certainly are. My health care people stated they did not see the reason for prostate exams for me because it usually takes ten years to die of that cancer, and I was already nearly 70. Since my people regularly live to 90 and beyond, I told them what I thought of that attitude, and got the test done.

Today, with a private health care system, the US pays double per capita what many others do for that system, and fails to cover all of it's citizens. Not only that, the results, both at the beginning of life, and the end of life, are inferiour to those of other industrial nations.

Our present system emphasizes expensive cures, rather than inexpensive prevention. Results count, and the results of our present system are far inferior to those of Canada, Germany, Taiwan, and Japan, just to name a few.

There is a certain jaundiced view, here on this board, characterized by those individuals who will defend any and every pronouncement, and directive because the origin of said device is their chosen political party or political hero.

So, earlier this year these fools pointed and cackled about those of us characterizing aspects of the so-called healthcare plan as a “Death Panel.”

1. First the “Death Panel cut costs as follows: “Two years ago the task force recommended that women in their 40s should no longer get routine mammograms, triggering controversy. The recommendation to avoid the PSA test is even more forceful and applies to healthy men of all ages.” Health | Healthy men shouldn't get protest test, panel says | Seattle Times Newspaper

2. Now, “Healthy men should no longer receive a PSA blood test to screen for prostate cancer because the test does not save lives overall and often leads to more tests and treatments that needlessly cause pain, impotence and incontinence in many, a key government health panel has decided.

The draft recommendation by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, due for official release next week, is based on the results of five well-controlled clinical trials and could substantially change the care given to men 50 and older.”Ibid.

3. Interviewed about this development, was Dr. David Samadi, a board certified urologic oncologist trained in open traditional and laparoscopic surgery and is an expert in robotic prostatectomy surgery. He is the Vice Chairman, Department of Urology, and Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. He has dedicated his distinguished career to the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer and is considered one of the most prominent surgeons in his field.

a. In the interview, he expressed disappointment, if not surprise, explaining that these tests save lives. 40’s and 50’s are far from ‘old,’ and these tests are the reason why America’s medical care, in the area of cancer detection and treatment is far superior to nations with socialized medicine.

4. This development cannot be fully understood without realizing that leftist political philosophies do not honor human life. This leftist President actually appointed an advocate of widespread sterilization, and depopulation, Dr. John Holdren, as his 'science advisor.'
He enrolled Communitarians on his healthcare advisory panel, such as Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff…”is one of those responsible for inserting into the “healthcare bill” the ideas that we no longer should have rights, such as determining what care we can buy, or how long we should live, and doctors should no longer look to the Hippocratic Oath, and the particular patient, but neglect the patient in the interests of ‘social justice,’ and the society as a whole.
CPN - Tools

a. The study further explains how several provisions of Obamacare give insurers, doctors, and hospitals incentives to deny and ration health care to patients. The American Spectator : The Obamacare Disaster

b. "...a study based on data from 1993 through 1997 found lower cancer survival rates among Canadians than among Americans." Chen VW, Howe HL, Wu XC, Hotes JL, Correa CN (eds). Cancer in North America, 1993-1997. Volume Two: Mortality. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, April 2000

Why, they certainly are. My health care people stated they did not see the reason for prostate exams for me because it usually takes ten years to die of that cancer, and I was already nearly 70. Since my people regularly live to 90 and beyond, I told them what I thought of that attitude, and got the test done.

Today, with a private health care system, the US pays double per capita what many others do for that system, and fails to cover all of it's citizens. Not only that, the results, both at the beginning of life, and the end of life, are inferiour to those of other industrial nations.

Our present system emphasizes expensive cures, rather than inexpensive prevention. Results count, and the results of our present system are far inferior to those of Canada, Germany, Taiwan, and Japan, just to name a few.

Don't hand me shit. I live here. In Canada. You know the home of the free healthcare? All of a sudden out of the blue I go to my local dispenser of beer (it's a hotel in Vita) and there is a sign on the post in front of said hotel that said my emergency services are cancelled.

So let's figure this. If I'm stroking out (for all the years I have paid into the system but only used it to birth 3 kids) it would take an hour to get to me to Steinbach and an hour to return me to a freaking hospital.

I'll put good money that I'm going to kick the bucket here. No offense to the EMT workers.

But you might as well put me in a freaking hearse and save the province some buckolas.

Last edited:

1. First the “Death Panel cut costs as follows: “Two years ago the task force recommended that women in their 40s should no longer get routine mammograms, triggering controversy. The recommendation to avoid the PSA test is even more forceful and applies to healthy men of all ages.” Health | Healthy men shouldn't get protest test, panel says | Seattle Times Newspaper

CPN - Tools

Hope you got good results, Rocks....I intend to keep beating you up for many years!
Here's today's spanking:

1. Americans have better survival rates than Europeans for common cancers. Breast cancer mortality is 52 percent higher in Germany than in the United States and 88 percent higher in the United Kingdom. Prostate cancer mortality is 604 percent higher in the United Kingdom and 457 percent higher in Norway. The mortality rate for colorectal cancer among British men and women is about 40 percent higher.

2. Americans have lower cancer mortality rates than Canadians. Breast cancer mortality in Canada is 9 percent higher than in the United States, prostate cancer is 184 percent higher, and colon cancer among men is about 10 percent higher.

3. Americans have better access to treatment for chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries. Some 56 percent of Americans who could benefit from statin drugs, which reduce cholesterol and protect against heart disease, are taking them. By comparison, of those patients who could benefit from these drugs, only 36 percent of the Dutch, 29 percent of the Swiss, 26 percent of Germans, 23 percent of Britons, and 17 percent of Italians receive them.

4. Americans have better access to preventive cancer screening than Canadians. Take the proportion of the appropriate-age population groups who have received recommended tests for breast, cervical, prostate, and colon cancer:

More than half of American men (54 percent) have had a prostatespecific antigen (PSA) test, compared to fewer than one in six Canadians (16 percent).

Nearly one-third of Americans (30 percent) have had a colonoscopy, compared with fewer than one in twenty Canadians (5 percent).

5. Lower-income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians. Twice as many American seniors with below-median incomes self-report “excellent” health (11.7 percent) compared to Canadian seniors (5.8 percent). Conversely, white, young Canadian adults with below-median incomes are 20 percent more likely than lower-income Americans to describe their health as “fair or poor.”
10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

I've got plenty more if you need it....

Now, go take your Beta Sitosterol!

..... Life expectancy at birth is also a measure of overall quality of life in a country and summarizes the mortality at all ages. It can also be thought of as indicating the potential return on investment in human capital .....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html
If America really has the superior healthcare system that "PoliticalChic" would have us believe, then why according to the CIA World Factbook, does every other nation mentioned in the "10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care" have an average life expectancy exceeding their US counterparts?

Rank - Nation - Life Expectancy
10. Italy (81.77 years)

12. Canada (81.38 years)

15. Switzerland (81.07 years)

25. Norway (80.29 years)

27. Germany (80.07 years)

28. United Kingdom (80.05 years)

35. Netherlands (79.68 years)

50. USA (78.37 years)

What the ""10 Surprising Facts" and "PoliticalChic" fail to mention are the approximately 50 million Americans without medical insurance who can't afford to access the US healthcare system and are therefore effectively excluded from the statistics!

Last edited:
Us = 78.37

Considering the size of the US population?

Well done America!

..... Life expectancy at birth is also a measure of overall quality of life in a country and summarizes the mortality at all ages. It can also be thought of as indicating the potential return on investment in human capital .....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html
If America really has the superior healthcare system that "PoliticalChic" would have us believe, then why according to the CIA World Factbook, does every other nation mentioned in the "10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care" have an average life expectancy exceeding their US counterparts?

Rank - Nation - Life Expectancy
10. Italy (81.77 years)

12. Canada (81.38 years)

15. Switzerland (81.07 years)

25. Norway (80.29 years)

27. Germany (80.07 years)

28. United Kingdom (80.05 years)

35. Netherlands (79.68 years)

50. USA (78.37 years)

What the ""10 Surprising Facts" and "PoliticalChic" fail to mention are the approximately 50 million Americans without medical insurance who can't afford to access the US healthcare system and are therefore effectively excluded from the statistics!

Thanks for asking, 'cause there is nothing I like better than dispelling ignorance!
"...an average life expectancy exceeding their US counterparts?"

They don't!!!

"If America really has the superior healthcare system that "PoliticalChic" would have us believe..."

Frankly, I don't care what you believe, I only provide the facts.

Now, pay attention:

1. Life expectancy: many people die for reasons that can’t be controlled the medical profession, such as auto accidents, murder, etc., and once you factor out car crashes and homicides, the US ranks number one in worldwide life expectancy!

a. “One often-heard argument, voiced by the New York Times' Paul Krugman and others, is that America lags behind other countries in crude health outcomes. But such outcomes reflect a mosaic of factors, such as diet, lifestyle, drug use and cultural values. It pains me as a doctor to say this, but health care is just one factor in health.

In "The Business of Health", Robert Ohsfeldt and John Schneider factor out intentional and unintentional injuries from life-expectancy statistics and find that Americans who don't die in car crashes or homicides outlive people in any other Western country.
And if we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels.
Dave Petno | On Freedom

2. Now, who are you going to believe if not Michael Moore? Moore states that Cuba has a better healthcare system (they live longer). "All the independent health organizations in the world, and even our own CIA, believes that the Cubans have a pretty good health system. And they do, in fact, live longer than we do," he said.
But when "20/20" contacted the CIA, officials said, "We don't say that Cuba has a pretty good system or that Cubans live longer than Americans."
In fact, the CIA's World Fact Book says Americans live nearly a year longer. Although a U.N. report supports Moore's position, that data comes straight from the Cuban government. Page 2: Healthy in Cuba, Sick in America? - ABC News

Did you get that????
If you need more remediation, just give a yell.

Last edited:
Life Expectancy. Another frequently cited statistic is that according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, the U.S. ranks 18th among 30 world democracies in life expectancy. However, health care is not the only factor in life expectancy. If you correct for two causes of death not directly related to health care—homicides and automobile accidents—the U.S. actually rises to the top of the list for life expectancy.

Infant Mortality. The UN ranks the U.S. 163rd out of 195 countries in comparing infant mortality rates. However, in measuring these rates, the U.S. includes all deaths after “live birth” and defines births as live if newborns show any sign of life, regardless of prematurity. By contrast, Austria and Germany include only deaths of infants who weigh at least one pound at birth. In Belgium and France, the deaths of infants born after less than 26 weeks of pregnancy are not included. Moreover, many other countries do not reliably register babies who die soon after birth.

Specific Diseases. When you compare the outcomes for specific diseases, the U.S. clearly outperforms the rest of the world. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute and the International Agency for Research on Cancer, five-year survival rates for all of the five most common types of cancer are better in the U.S. than in European countries.

Medical Innovation. Moreover, the U.S. drives the bulk of worldwide research and innovation related to health care. A study by Michael Tanner concludes, “Eighteen of the last 25 winners of the Nobel Prize in Medicine are either U.S. citizens or individuals working here. U.S. companies have developed half of all new major medicines introduced worldwide over the past 20 years. In fact, Americans played a key role in 80 percent of the most important medical advances of the past 30 years. ... [A]dvanced medical technology is far more available in the United States than in nearly any other country.”

Even under the WHO rankings, the U.S. is rated first in “responsiveness to patients’ needs in choice of provider, dignity, autonomy, timely care, and confidentiality.” Despite genuine problems of distribution and utilization of preventive care, overall, in comparison with other countries U.S. health care is faster, more effective, and more advanced.

Inaccurate Grounds for Calling U.S. Health Care Inferior

The ONLY Death Panels are where Republicans took control after the last election. Don't make me go past Arizona.

Life Expectancy. Another frequently cited statistic is that according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, the U.S. ranks 18th among 30 world democracies in life expectancy. However, health care is not the only factor in life expectancy. If you correct for two causes of death not directly related to health care—homicides and automobile accidents—the U.S. actually rises to the top of the list for life expectancy.

Infant Mortality. The UN ranks the U.S. 163rd out of 195 countries in comparing infant mortality rates. However, in measuring these rates, the U.S. includes all deaths after “live birth” and defines births as live if newborns show any sign of life, regardless of prematurity. By contrast, Austria and Germany include only deaths of infants who weigh at least one pound at birth. In Belgium and France, the deaths of infants born after less than 26 weeks of pregnancy are not included. Moreover, many other countries do not reliably register babies who die soon after birth.

Specific Diseases. When you compare the outcomes for specific diseases, the U.S. clearly outperforms the rest of the world. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute and the International Agency for Research on Cancer, five-year survival rates for all of the five most common types of cancer are better in the U.S. than in European countries.

Medical Innovation. Moreover, the U.S. drives the bulk of worldwide research and innovation related to health care. A study by Michael Tanner concludes, “Eighteen of the last 25 winners of the Nobel Prize in Medicine are either U.S. citizens or individuals working here. U.S. companies have developed half of all new major medicines introduced worldwide over the past 20 years. In fact, Americans played a key role in 80 percent of the most important medical advances of the past 30 years. ... [A]dvanced medical technology is far more available in the United States than in nearly any other country.”

Even under the WHO rankings, the U.S. is rated first in “responsiveness to patients’ needs in choice of provider, dignity, autonomy, timely care, and confidentiality.” Despite genuine problems of distribution and utilization of preventive care, overall, in comparison with other countries U.S. health care is faster, more effective, and more advanced.

Inaccurate Grounds for Calling U.S. Health Care Inferior

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Table: U.S. States Ranked by Life Expectancy (US average life expectancy is 78 years)

Rank - State - Life Expectancy

41 Georgia (75.3 years)

42 Kentucky (75.2 years)

43 Arkansas (75.2 years)

44 Oklahoma (75.2 years)

45 Tennessee (75.1 years)

46 West Virginia (75.1 years)

47 South Carolina (74.8 years)

48 Alabama (74.4 years)

49 Louisiana (74.2 years)

50 Mississippi (73.6 years)

Data: Harvard University Initiative for Global Health and the Harvard School of Public Health

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_life_expectancy
If "Death Panels Alive and Well " as "PoliticalChic" claims, they are most active in Republican/Tea Party states which have the lowest life expectancies in the nation - US average age expectancy is 78 years.

I'm sure "PoliticalChic" will provide us with another "creative" explanation as to why all 10 of the states with the lowest life expectancies are conservative!

Last edited:

1. First the “Death Panel cut costs as follows: “Two years ago the task force recommended that women in their 40s should no longer get routine mammograms, triggering controversy. The recommendation to avoid the PSA test is even more forceful and applies to healthy men of all agesHealth | Healthy men shouldn't get protest test, panel says | Seattle Times Newspaper

CPN - Tools

Well I think ObamaCare sucks but the only politician in American history who has actually used their power to prevent treatment to those who would die without it, is Jan Brewer (R) of Arizona.
That being said, I would be interested in verification of something more than studies. Do you have verification of any of these treatments or procedures actually being denied by a government official?

Table: U.S. States Ranked by Life Expectancy (US average life expectancy is 78 years)

41 Georgia (75.3 years)

42 Kentucky (75.2 years)

43 Arkansas (75.2 years)

44 Oklahoma (75.2 years)

48 Alabama (74.4 years)

Data: Harvard University Initiative for Global Health and the Harvard School of Public Health

List of U.S. states by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If "Death Panels Alive and Well " as "PoliticalChic" claims, they are most active in Republican/Tea Party states which have the lowest life expectancies in the nation - US average age expectancy is 78 years.

I'm sure "PoliticalChic" will provide us with another "creative" explanation as to why all 10 of the states with the lowest life expectancies are conservative!

I don't want to make you looks stupid, but.......
Most of those states you have listed are states with the highest percentage of blacks per total population. The average life expectancy of blacks in the US is around 72-73 years of age.
Nothing creative about it....just the facts.

41 Georgia (75.3 years)

42 Kentucky (75.2 years)

43 Arkansas (75.2 years)

44 Oklahoma (75.2 years)

48 Alabama (74.4 years)

1. "will provide "us"
I always find it both charming and revealing how fearful some folks are to stand up by themselves....and have to resort to hiding behind some imagined huge constituency.

2. " the states with the lowest life expectancies are conservative."
So, your contention is that political philosophy is fatal?

But that token, it seems that your locale has an overwhelming proportion of 'stupid juice' in the water supply.

41 Georgia (75.3 years)

42 Kentucky (75.2 years)

43 Arkansas (75.2 years)

44 Oklahoma (75.2 years)

48 Alabama (74.4 years)

Most of those states you have listed are states with the highest percentage of blacks per total population. The average life expectancy of blacks in the US is around 72-73 years of age.

Great point!

Also true at the other end of the spectrum:

1. “The use of this example highlights to disingenuousness of the authors. In their supposedly “detailed” report on infant mortality, they fail to analyze the most important detail: race. Unfortunately, African descent is a major risk factor for prematurity, and prematurity is a major cause of infant mortality. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than Sweden. The US has the highest proportion of women of African descent of any first world country. Sweden, of course, has virtually none. So our higher rate of infant mortality does not reflect poor medical care. It reflects factors beyond the control of doctors. Race is an uncontrollable factor; obstetricians and pediatricians have no control over assisted reproductive techniques. In fact, the data actually show obstetricians and pediatricians do a remarkable job of ensuring infant health.”

Infant mortality report neglects the most important detail - AmyTuteurMD - Open Salon

2. One factor contributing to the U.S.'s infant mortality rate is that blacks have intractably high infant mortality rates -- irrespective of age, education, socioeconomic status and so on. No one knows why.

Neither medical care nor discrimination can explain it: Hispanics in the U.S. have lower infant mortality rates than either blacks or whites. Give Switzerland or Japan our ethnically diverse population and see how they stack up on infant mortality rates.
A Statistical Analysis of Maritime Unemployment Rates, 1946-1948. Just Kidding, More Liberal Lies About National Healthcare! - HUMAN EVENTS

41 Georgia (75.3 years)

42 Kentucky (75.2 years)

43 Arkansas (75.2 years)

44 Oklahoma (75.2 years)

48 Alabama (74.4 years)

Great point!

Also true at the other end of the spectrum:

1. “The use of this example highlights to disingenuousness of the authors. In their supposedly “detailed” report on infant mortality, they fail to analyze the most important detail: race. Unfortunately, African descent is a major risk factor for prematurity, and prematurity is a major cause of infant mortality. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than Sweden. The US has the highest proportion of women of African descent of any first world country. Sweden, of course, has virtually none. So our higher rate of infant mortality does not reflect poor medical care. It reflects factors beyond the control of doctors. Race is an uncontrollable factor; obstetricians and pediatricians have no control over assisted reproductive techniques. In fact, the data actually show obstetricians and pediatricians do a remarkable job of ensuring infant health.”

Infant mortality report neglects the most important detail - AmyTuteurMD - Open Salon

2. One factor contributing to the U.S.'s infant mortality rate is that blacks have intractably high infant mortality rates -- irrespective of age, education, socioeconomic status and so on. No one knows why.

Neither medical care nor discrimination can explain it: Hispanics in the U.S. have lower infant mortality rates than either blacks or whites. Give Switzerland or Japan our ethnically diverse population and see how they stack up on infant mortality rates.
A Statistical Analysis of Maritime Unemployment Rates, 1946-1948. Just Kidding, More Liberal Lies About National Healthcare! - HUMAN EVENTS

Way to straighten the distributive population curve (growth and decline) back in line.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back