Dear Boomers.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
In 1980s, we laughed at the Older Generations and their rules of Social Conduct. We were a generation of Freedom, Playboy, and Hard Rock Music. We rebelled against your rules. We envisioned the Future in 2022 as time of Great Freedom, Space Travel, and Flying Cars.

We could not imagine in our worst nightmares that Generation Z would embrace rules, stereotypes, and Gender Roles much more rigid then any of the previous generations.
Generation Z rebelled against Freedom established by our Generation X. They embrace draconian rules and Cancel Culture.

In 1980s, we laughed at the Older Generations and their rules of Social Conduct. We were a generation of Freedom, Playboy, and Hard Rock Music. We rebelled against your rules. We envisioned the Future in 2022 as time of Great Freedom, Space Travel, and Flying Cars.

We could not imagine in our worst nightmares that Generation Z would embrace rules, stereotypes, and Gender Roles much more rigid then any of the previous generations.
Generation Z rebelled against Freedom established by our Generation X. They embrace draconian rules and Cancel Culture.
Ah; the REBELLIOUSNESS of YOUTH....1960s, 1970, 1980s, 1990s, NAUGHTIES, Teenies not so much, and then the dumb asses being promoted by the stupid MSM................................but guess what; over 90% of ALL youngsters are BLOODY AWESOME WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF TRYING TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES!!!! They are NOT the ones beloved of the media skkkumbags!!!

Greg

Ah; the REBELLIOUSNESS of YOUTH....1960s, 1970, 1980s, 1990s, NAUGHTIES, Teenies not so much, and then the dumb asses being promoted by the stupid MSM................................but guess what; over 90% of ALL youngsters are BLOODY AWESOME WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF TRYING TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES!!!! They are NOT the ones beloved of the media skkkumbags!!!

Greg

I was born an old man. Yeah, I did the things kids did, but I wasn't "into" it all. I had other callings, I just didn't have any outlet for them. So that made me "rebellious" early in my childhood. The biggest "rebellious" thing I did was instantly do something I was told I could not do. You did NOT tell me I couldn't do something........I'd do it immediately and usually in front of your face.

Yes, I was punished a lot, but you could just NOT tell me I could not do something. Now saying "no" to me was different. I understood the difference between yes and no and maybe. But the phrase "you can't do that"..........well now, I'll show YOU what I can and cannot do!!! It was an immediate response, and it was actually an involuntary response. I didn't think about it, I didn't plan it, it just HAPPENED!

I still get in trouble sometimes, because someone tells me "you can't do that", and it's just second nature to me to do it.

There weren't any outlets for kids back then. We didn't have the privilege's and powers kids today have, with all the different things geared for kids' learning. If a kid said he wanted to be a lawyer, people just giggled and said "aw, isn't that cute" and went on their way. Nobody sat the kid down and told him what he needed to become a lawyer, and needed to read books on law, psychology, and such. Not like it is today.

We, as kids from the 50's thru the 80's didn't have the extreme advantage of the internet.

You can learn anything you want for free nowadays, online. ANYTHING!!!! And yet, the generations are backsliding and devolving and getting more ignorant and stupid every day!!!

Because of the internet and instant access to the world, the USA should have the smartest kids on the planet, not the most retarded!! But thats not how the Dems and Libs want it.
So.........we are having to deal with brainless, braindead, empty headed narcissists and psychopaths everyday, instead of scholars and fanatics of knowledge and learning.

I was born an old man. Yeah, I did the things kids did, but I wasn't "into" it all. I had other callings, I just didn't have any outlet for them. So that made me "rebellious" early in my childhood. The biggest "rebellious" thing I did was instantly do something I was told I could not do. You did NOT tell me I couldn't do something........I'd do it immediately and usually in front of your face.

Yes, I was punished a lot, but you could just NOT tell me I could not do something. Now saying "no" to me was different. I understood the difference between yes and no and maybe. But the phrase "you can't do that"..........well now, I'll show YOU what I can and cannot do!!! It was an immediate response, and it was actually an involuntary response. I didn't think about it, I didn't plan it, it just HAPPENED!

I still get in trouble sometimes, because someone tells me "you can't do that", and it's just second nature to me to do it.

There weren't any outlets for kids back then. We didn't have the privilege's and powers kids today have, with all the different things geared for kids' learning. If a kid said he wanted to be a lawyer, people just giggled and said "aw, isn't that cute" and went on their way. Nobody sat the kid down and told him what he needed to become a lawyer, and needed to read books on law, psychology, and such. Not like it is today.

We, as kids from the 50's thru the 80's didn't have the extreme advantage of the internet.

You can learn anything you want for free nowadays, online. ANYTHING!!!! And yet, the generations are backsliding and devolving and getting more ignorant and stupid every day!!!

Because of the internet and instant access to the world, the USA should have the smartest kids on the planet, not the most retarded!! But thats not how the Dems and Libs want it.
So.........we are having to deal with brainless, braindead, empty headed narcissists and psychopaths everyday, instead of scholars and fanatics of knowledge and learning.
"So.........we are having to deal with brainless, braindead, empty headed narcissists and psychopaths everyday, instead of scholars and fanatics of knowledge and learning."

You just described our media and their agenda PERFECTLY!!!! The scholars and fanatics of knowledge are still there. More so than ever maybe given the idiots that are being pushed as "role models" around them.

Greg

Dear Boomers: Go fuck yourselves you spoiled pieces of shit. You got everything and took everything and did nothing.

You invented disco for Christ's sake.

I grew up with the twin themes of questioning authority and doing your own thing.

A funny thing happened, though, in that over the last 5 decades, this attitude has been ENTIRELY abandoned by the left and the only people who embrace it at all are now on the right.

Meh, I did not have time for all of that given my responsibilities in the late 70s/early 80s, I was too busy doing for me and mine.

Oh I voted starting with Ford/Carter but even with Carter as POTUS (though incompetent) you did not really notice all that much that was amiss till Clinton was elected and it was all downhill after that....On several levels.

That's when the ivy league leftists of the 60s really started coming to the fore in politics and in the media.

We rebelled against your rules. We envisioned the Future in 2022 as time of Great Freedom, Space Travel, and Flying Cars.

We discovered that great freedom wasn't enough. People had to be free to make others support their free choices on pain of chastisement.

We found that things like space travel and flying cars needed a massive governmental infrastructure to achieve.

As long as government controls innovation, innovation cannot proceed.

Well spoken.

6c29hp.jpg
6c29qm.jpg
iu
6c29sv.jpg
6c29ub.jpg
6c29yn.jpg
6c2abi.jpg

6c2afi.jpg

That was due to your LSD parents frying their brains on BS and having kids.............Perhaps our country would have been better off had they believed in abortions and not had kids.

Now your generation is FUCKED IN THE HEAD as you were defective at birth...............The LSD Clowns were laughed at back then............and they had kids who are more delusional than them...........Imagine that.

We discovered that great freedom wasn't enough. People had to be free to make others support their free choices on pain of chastisement.

We found that things like space travel and flying cars needed a massive governmental infrastructure to achieve.

As long as government controls innovation, innovation cannot proceed.
Hopefully, Space Travel and flying cars will be common by the end of the Century.

Gen Xers aren’t Boomers.

Forum List

Back