Deadly cobra sought after biting dog near L.A.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Calm down Matthew, Shootspeeders, SJ, and TinyDancer…at least it wasn’t Black…WHEW! That’s a relief!

A "very dangerous" albino cobra was being hunted Wednesday, two days after it bit a dog and disappeared in a suburban neighborhood near Los Angeles, authorities said.
Officers with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and local animal control were searching for the venomous monocled cobra in Thousand Oaks.

Residents were warned to keep pets inside, shut their doors and "stay as far away as possible," animal-control spokesman Brandon Dowling told the Los Angeles Times.
"It is vitally important for families to closely supervise children and instruct them to avoid any snakes, as well as playing in and around animal burrows, pipes and culverts where snakes may seek refuge," the department said in a statement.

Dog in critical condition after Cobra Bite!

I don't know what it is but the older I get the more worried I get about snakes.

Maybe it is because I have a host of black snakes on my property and see them occasionally. I don't kill them but live in as much harmony as possible. I have had a 6 foot snake drop from the rafters in my barn while I was in it, no matter how docile or non-venomous that still startles the hell out of me.

If I were told their was a venous snake in my area I am not sure my reaction. Of course there already are but I have never seen one.

looks like someone's pet got loose. Why do we allow exotic pets in the first place? I know the article said that LA doesn't allow venomous snakes but why do we even allow them into the country unless they are in a zoo? As far as I know Cobra's are not native to the USA.

looks like someone's pet got loose. Why do we allow exotic pets in the first place? I know the article said that LA doesn't allow venomous snakes but why do we even allow them into the country unless they are in a zoo? As far as I know Cobra's are not native to the USA.

Who the hell would have a poisonous snake for a pet?? We need stricter laws in this country about poisonous snakes and all exotic animals to include tigers, lions and everything else. People are fucking nuts.

claudette said:
Who the hell would have a poisonous snake for a pet?? We need stricter laws in this country about poisonous snakes and all exotic animals to include tigers, lions and everything else. People are fucking nuts.

Well, it is California, you know. :badgrin:

yup people have lions and chimps. These animals ARE NOT PETS. I live in the Northeast and we've had alligators dumped into our ponds when they get to big. It's dangerous because who the hell is watching for gators up here? Some guy was fishing when one snatched a swan right in front of him. I've heard of Piranha being dumped in water ways and boa's and pythons in florida where they don't belong. Who could forget Charla Nash's chimp attack. The woman had her face,eyes and hands ripped off. The owner of this snake is lucky it was a dog and not somebody's kid. I hope they find it and put it in a zoo where it belongs,it's not the snakes fault the owner is an buttmunch.

yup people have lions and chimps. These animals ARE NOT PETS. I live in the Northeast and we've had alligators dumped into our ponds when they get to big. It's dangerous because who the hell is watching for gators up here? Some guy was fishing when one snatched a swan right in front of him. I've heard of Piranha being dumped in water ways and boa's and pythons in florida where they don't belong. Who could forget Charla Nash's chimp attack. The woman had her face,eyes and hands ripped off. The owner of this snake is lucky it was a dog and not somebody's kid. I hope they find it and put it in a zoo where it belongs,it's not the snakes fault the owner is an buttmunch.

Thank you for having been "informative".

And you do hafta admit that dropping a few black mambas in say, Michael Moore's neighborhood sounds like a fun little project, yes? :badgrin:

And you do hafta admit that dropping a few black mambas in say, Michael Moore's neighborhood sounds like a fun little project, yes? :badgrin:
I don't give a rats ass about Michael Moore. I care about innocent people and pets getting hurt because some dumbass has a dangerous fascination with a wild animal.

a vicious gang of feral venomous biting sharts said:

marianne said:
I don't give a rats ass about Michael Moore. I care about innocent people and pets getting hurt because some dumbass has a dangerous fascination with a wild animal.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that would be the point, Copernicette, as Michael Moore is not an "innocent" person.

Stop taking yourself so damned seriously and get a sense of humor, bitch. :badgrin:

I'm wondering if it was a pet or a laboratory animal. It could also been a stow-a-way in a shipment of something. whatever the case, I hoping that, due to it's vivid white coloring, it will be spotted easily. If it is spotted by a natural predator L.A. residents may never rest easy again...never being sure that it is dead or alive.

claudette said:

jqpublic said:
I'm wondering if it was a pet or a laboratory animal. It could also been a stow-a-way in a shipment of something. whatever the case, I hoping that, due to it's vivid white coloring, it will be spotted easily. If it is spotted by a natural predator L.A. residents may never rest easy again...never being sure that it is dead or alive.

Nah, holmes: it was deliberately brought here.

And it's George Bush's fault. :badgrin:

An idiot who gets what they deserve.

The snake's owner is probably a rotting cadaver by now.

Cobra has been captured. No reported injuries to it or others.

Oh yes, and by the way the owner has still not been found
That albino cobra is a beautiful snake...​

Frankly, I think all albino Cobras look alike .. that's just my opinion.I could never tell an ugly one from a good looking one.:badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back