Dave Grohl: In Defense Of Our Teachers

A 90's era GenX burnout opens his speech with "I hate to break it to you, but I was a terrible student..."

Just shut up Dave, and play your guitar.

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::lmao:

• Banned
look how rebellious they are! nice feet!

Edi0vY3XYAMNJS-

Judging by the kids I see around me looting, burning, protesting and hating America, apparently good teachers are far and few between.
Well said

where was grohl’s father when he was growing up?

Evidently his mother was a teacher and his father was a journalist and special assistant to a conservative senator. But his parents divorced, so he was raised by his mother, the teacher.

That explains everything.

Dave Grohl - Wikipedia

Teachers. If they taught from textbooks that every class across America used they would be good. Any child in any grade should be able to move to another city or state and still be more or less on the same page of the same text book.

Teachers today are allowed to present and teach their ideology as scholarly material. That is wrong.

Too much Howard Zinn in the classrooms.

“School’s out for summer...School’s out FOREVER!”- Alice Cooper

The one profession always trying to find ANY excuse to get out of work

Ok so I've seen about a 50/50 split on teachers, but the one half wants to be "essential workers" but not have to work like the rest of the essential workers. Mkay

EdojvQaWoAEn4OJ

....but how are these teachers going to be able to indoctrinate our next generation of social justice warriors if schools are not back in session?

Teachers. If they taught from textbooks that every class across America used they would be good. Any child in any grade should be able to move to another city or state and still be more or less on the same page of the same text book.

Teachers today are allowed to present and teach their ideology as scholarly material. That is wrong.

So you're for a one size fits all approach to education? That's the direction education has been moving into for decades now and in my opinion it doesn't work. It's so ironic how dead set against Common Core you are (granted I'm not really a fan of it either)-but what you said about a kid in one part of the country moving to another city and picking up where they left off is the entire purpose of Common Core. You keep trying to pass off as an expert on education but you have no clue what you're talking about.

You keep trying to pass off as an expert on education but you have no clue what you're talking about.
Really? That is what I am trying to do? Pass myself as an expert? I have no clue? What is interesting is why you feel so threatened and angry. What is telling is you dismiss my comments while at the same time you make the same point.

Everything I stated was substantiated with quotes from, the common core website that you and others have linked or referenced.

Anytime you wish to stop trolling and address content I will happily oblige.

So you're for a one size fits all approach to education? That's the direction education has been moving into for decades now and in my opinion it doesn't work. It's so ironic how dead set against Common Core you are (granted I'm not really a fan of it either)-but what you said about a kid in one part of the country moving to another city and picking up where they left off is the entire purpose of Common Core. You keep trying to pass off as an expert on education but you have no clue what you're talking about.
common core sucks, nobody likes the revisionist history that is taught

nobody likes the bizarre math that is taught

we dont like our kids forced to comply with common core ideology

across the nation, the common core is hated. and you tell us we are wrong, when we share our 1st hand accounts. You argue with those of us who are witnesses?

Spoken like a true communist. "We refer you to the Central Planning Committee guidelines on how to take a crap."

You should see if the CCP has any openings for the position of lackey.

....You argue with those of us who are witnesses?
You keep trying to tell teachers what they are teaching, and you keep being corrected. How long does it take for something to sink in with you?

Forum List

Back