Dateline Sept 14, 320, Jerusalem, Roman Empire

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The Tremendous Empress Helena finds the cross of Jesus H. Christ on her famed archeological trip. Lost since Christ was crucified in the year 30, the finding and raising of the True Cross was the most momentous event in the history of archeology.

The Tremendous Empress Helena finds the cross of Jesus H. Christ on her famed archeological trip. Lost since Christ was crucified in the year 30, the finding and raising of the True Cross was the most momentous event in the history of archeology.

I think we have to assume that Helena was pious and sincere... and relics were huge attractions for the church.. My goodness, John the Baptist's head is in three different cities.

No way the crosses were preserved.. Crosses were used over and over again for crucifixions.

Probably a good thing those Romans hadn't discovered electricity back then. I'd feel kinda silly wearing a little replica of an electric chair around my neck.

But at least I'm not a Muslim. I can't imagine what kind of a symbol someone would wear, that represents a murderer and a pedophile.

Last edited:
Pieces of the true cross were the medieval pilgrim's version of deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Actually, parts of the True Cross were divvied up so that different churches and shrines could have their own official relic.

And when they ran out, the church made lot's more "true crosses." :thup:

They didn't "run out" at all, in actuality.

The splinters of the True Cross are quite small and are kept in reliquaries for preservation.

Authenticity can I guess be faked, but the known fragments are well within the known dimensions of the True Cross adding them up together.

They didn't "run out" at all, in actuality.

The splinters of the True Cross are quite small and are kept in reliquaries for preservation.

Authenticity can I guess be faked, but the known fragments are well within the known dimensions of the True Cross adding them up together.
Dimensions of something never seen or measured are pretty easy to stay within.

The Roman church manufacture these as fast as they did indulgences.

Oh, and as the Hezbollah broad pointed out, the Romans reused crosses. Rome executed thousands of people, even if the splinters came from a legitimate cross, it was no doubt used to kill dozens of people. If Jesus existed, it would be impossible to say which cross he was crucified on, even using modern forensics.

theres-a-sucker-born-every-minute-46322297.png

Forum List

Back