DARPA Seeking to Kill the “Dark Web”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This sounds like a scifi thriller set in the year 2055. Dark Web? Who of us knew this even existed until recently?

And now, DARPA, the Pentagon’s secretive Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, has developed a surveillance tool known as “Memex” that can be used to reveal what is hidden on the dark web, and pursue criminal groups of interest – and perhaps control or even kill the dark web for good

I'm sorry, but this, to me, reeks of another attempt to attack the freedom of the internet.

Read more @ Prison Planet.com Feds Unveil New Surveillance Tool Developed by DARPA that Could Kill the Dark Web

I know this is a satirical site, but I cannot help but feel this makes a very serious point about something that should be very important to all reading this.

Read the full article @ Net neutrality Throttling innovation for the greater good

Not every website is on google. The so-called dark web is simply the sites not submitting themselves to google for lookup. Pirated software, hacker software, etc. is the "dark web."

Forum List

Back