Dante Barksdale, the Inner City hero, Founder of 'Safe Streets' shot dead.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
You will never hear the name 'Dante Barksdale' uttered by Black Lives Matter. He will quickly be forgotten. We will not see him receive a posthumous 'Heroes' award on CNN's citizen's award show. But Dante Barksdale met every definition of a hero. He was a criminal in his youth, a product of the Baltimore streets and a broken home. But he turned his life around and for the last 10 years was working every day to stop violence and help needy people in the hoods where he grew up. The odds finally caught up with him and he was shot in the head and killed a couple of days ago.

People seem to think that inner city violence is a problem "over there" and it doesn't affect me. That is wrong. The problems of the inner city spread like a cancerous tumor through our country and our leaders need to do better at addressing the problems. People like Dante Barksdale should get all the support and protection they need. Instead they act alone and at great risk to themselves.

The inner cities are an extremely profitable drug marketplace. The marketplace needs sellers and the Fatherless Black families provide a steady stream of sellers, young Black men. They are hungry, angry and aggressively compete for turf and moving up in the drug trade. Most of the murders are drug related either drug sales gone bad, statement killings, revenge killings, or fighting over turf.

How many blacks have assassinated U.S. presidents?

The OP is a racist clown and this thread is another whitebread attempt to race bait. There is more crime in white communities. The UCR shows this every year.

The OP is a racist clown and this thread is another whitebread attempt to race bait.
Right on cue, IM2 shows up with his canned meaningless reply. How ridiculuous is it to brand me a Racist when I continue to try and draw attention to a terrible problem that has afflicted BLACK PEOPLE for 50 years? Your hatred blinds you to the truth. You probably think Dante Barksdale is an Uncle Tom. I feel sorry for you, it must be awful to carry that much hate around inside.

Barksdale was shot in the head in a courtyard of the Douglass Homes housing project, a highly visible open space near a busy bus stop and heavily trafficked East Fayette Street, shortly after 11 a.m., according to police who remained on the scene into last night. Known to his friends by his nickname “Tater,” Barksdale grew up in East Baltimore and spent a lot of time working in the Douglass Homes community. Police have not released any information regarding a motive for the shooting.

You will never hear the name 'Dante Barksdale' uttered by Black Lives Matter. He will quickly be forgotten. We will not see him receive a posthumous 'Heroes' award on CNN's citizen's award show. But Dante Barksdale met every definition of a hero. He was a criminal in his youth, a product of the Baltimore streets and a broken home. But he turned his life around and for the last 10 years was working every day to stop violence and help needy people in the hoods where he grew up. The odds finally caught up with him and he was shot in the head and killed a couple of days ago.

People seem to think that inner city violence is a problem "over there" and it doesn't affect me. That is wrong. The problems of the inner city spread like a cancerous tumor through our country and our leaders need to do better at addressing the problems. People like Dante Barksdale should get all the support and protection they need. Instead they act alone and at great risk to themselves.

The saddest thing about this country is the young men of a certain ethnicity who try to lead good lives but sometimes (often?) are the victims of perps of the same ethnicity. Instead of leaving their dysfunctional neighborhood for a safer area, they stay because they feel that they can help the young people there. Sadly, they may unwittingly anger someone, who then thinks nothing of murdering another person.

BLM, the NAACP, famous basketball players, the President of the United States, et al. are silent on this situation. All they do is scream about "white supremacy" and "systemic" you-know-what.

The saddest thing about this country is the young men of a certain ethnicity who try to lead good lives but sometimes (often?) are the victims of perps of the same ethnicity. Instead of leaving their dysfunctional neighborhood for a safer area, they stay because they feel that they can help the young people there. Sadly, they may unwittingly anger someone, who then thinks nothing of murdering another person.

BLM, the NAACP, famous basketball players, the President of the United States, et al. are silent on this situation. All they do is scream about "white supremacy" and "systemic" you-know-what.
I'm glad you wrote that. To me it has always been fundamentally wrong that Americans have to live in conditions like Guatemala or Honduras. They could be Black, White, Yellow, Red, or Polka Dot I don't care. Americans should not have to live in a drug crazed hell hole always wondering if today is the day a bullet will find them.

The OP is a racist clown and this thread is another whitebread attempt to race bait. There is more crime in white communities. The UCR shows this every year.
Maybe you should tell your thug buddies to stop killing your other thug buddies. That would be a start to end the carnage in the black community. Apparently this man tried and ended up dead. You haven't got the balls.

Last edited:

I will never understand why Black men like you pretend this tragedy doesn't exist. It is completely absurd and indefensible. You may as well say "Cancer isn't a problem, more people die of heart attacks".

BLM heroes are thugs like Big Mike Brown, Trayvon and George Floyd. Mr. Barksdale was acting white.

Forum List

Back