Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside

You know what's worrying in addition to the tragic death of this young man in his own home is the mental state of the officer who shot him. I understand being tired at the end of your shift, I understand having to work while ill, but to be this disoriented to attempt to enter a home that you erroneously believe is your own and then to kill the occupant because you believe he is an intruder is just something I can't even think of how you would train for.
She was fucked up on something! That simple! You know your own house when you see it!
Something's not adding up. The key, the doormat, wrong floor. She shot a guy before. Doesn't sound like this woman should've been a field officer.

Wrong floor, I could give her. Apparently, if I'm understanding the news reports correctly, the building is attached to a parking garage, which has a level at each floor of the apartment buildling. The levels all look alike. However, the floor numbers and apartment numbers are reported to be clearly displayed in key places (such as by the door leading from the garage into the building). And the idea that she didn't notice that her apartment suddenly had decor around the door that she didn't put there is very fishy to me. On the key issue, we seem to have multiple conflicting reports on how she actually got into the apartment.

You know what's worrying in addition to the tragic death of this young man in his own home is the mental state of the officer who shot him. I understand being tired at the end of your shift, I understand having to work while ill, but to be this disoriented to attempt to enter a home that you erroneously believe is your own and then to kill the occupant because you believe he is an intruder is just something I can't even think of how you would train for.
She was fucked up on something! That simple! You know your own house when you see it!

It was an apartment and they were identical doors. The apartment was reached via parking garage, the floors of which are largely indistinguishable from each other.

And I don't know how this plays into the situation yet, but the doors to the apartments didn't use keys. But instead had remote FOBs. Like keyless entry into a car.

At least one reporter has said that the garage levels and the apartments do have their numbers displayed. I dunno.

Also, the doors were apparently NOT identical, since Jean had put a bright red mat in front of his door, and I believe had plants on either side of it?

Like I said, I'm really looking forward to the investigation progressing, and someone providing a coherent theory to this. Right now, her story doesn't seem to hold water.

Gotta understand s0n.....cant really see some of those Haitian folks if it's real dark. What the fuck is wrong with you.....alot of these dark folks doing crimes all the time. All the time.....who cant figure out that once out of thousands of incidents, a tragedy is gonna happen. Duh.....but at least most people can think on the margin and get it.:113::deal::deal:

Whelp --- here's a post for the archives.

You actually want to remember that bilge?

Gotta understand s0n.....cant really see some of those Haitian folks if it's real dark. What the fuck is wrong with you.....alot of these dark folks doing crimes all the time. All the time.....who cant figure out that once out of thousands of incidents, a tragedy is gonna happen. Duh.....but at least most people can think on the margin and get it.:113::deal::deal:

Not at all. I want HIM to.

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting him to ever feel guilty about it.

Sadly, I have to agree. Even as we speak he's reading this going :wtf:

Bigots are dense that way.

Something's not adding up. The key, the doormat, wrong floor. She shot a guy before. Doesn't sound like this woman should've been a field officer.

Wrong floor, I could give her. Apparently, if I'm understanding the news reports correctly, the building is attached to a parking garage, which has a level at each floor of the apartment buildling. The levels all look alike. However, the floor numbers and apartment numbers are reported to be clearly displayed in key places (such as by the door leading from the garage into the building). And the idea that she didn't notice that her apartment suddenly had decor around the door that she didn't put there is very fishy to me. On the key issue, we seem to have multiple conflicting reports on how she actually got into the apartment.
That big red doormat at the entrance should have given her a clue.

I tend to assume that if people thought there was anything to feel bad about in what they say, they wouldn't have said it.

The only way you throwing it up in his face is going to induce guilt is if he becomes more civilized and decent, in which case, it would be inappropriate to throw it up in his face. *shrug*

My house is my memory palace. I know it like the back of my hand! I can walk it in the dark! Either she was messed up on drugs or alcohol or there is a history between the two! I can see no other conclusion! Except mental illness any way you shake it I can not promise allowing her in society will not lead to another death!

I tend to assume that if people thought there was anything to feel bad about in what they say, they wouldn't have said it.

The only way you throwing it up in his face is going to induce guilt is if he becomes more civilized and decent, in which case, it would be inappropriate to throw it up in his face. *shrug*

I look at it this way --- not so much an investment for face-throwing in the future, more a subtle way to face-throw in the present.

My house is my memory palace. I know it like the back of my hand! I can walk it in the dark! Either she was messed up on drugs or alcohol or there is a history between the two! I can see no other conclusion! Except mental illness any way you shake it I can not promise allowing her in society will not lead to another death!

I believe I read that she had only lived in that apartment a month or so.

I look at it this way --- not so much an investment for face-throwing in the future, more a subtle way to face-throw in the present.

Again, that still requires him to actually care or recognize that there's something wrong about what he said. If he was able to recognize that, he wouldn't have said it.

Again, that still requires him to actually care or recognize that there's something wrong about what he said. If he was able to recognize that, he wouldn't have said it.

Again, I know this. But there's always the chance one pokes through the density, so poke I did.

It's either that or stay silent.

Does it take you a month to get to know home? She replaced everything she owned? If ya do not know your own home after a month, you are a slow learner!

Does it take you a month to get to know home? She replaced everything she owned? If ya do not know your own home after a month, you are a slow learner!

Would I be so familiar and comfortable in an apartment after one month that I would know it from an identically-configured apartment strictly by feel in the dark? Eh, no idea. I'm a nester by nature. As a cop, it's possible she hadn't spent much time there.

But I agree, there's a lot of reason to be suspicious of this story. I'm rather curious and impatient for more info.

Would I be so familiar and comfortable in an apartment after one month that I would know it from an identically-configured apartment strictly by feel in the dark? Eh, no idea. I'm a nester by nature. As a cop, it's possible she hadn't spent much time there.

But I agree, there's a lot of reason to be suspicious of this story. I'm rather curious and impatient for more info.
It is all speculation right now! Two people know what realy happened and one is dead! Nothing but tragedy here! I will not predeterine her innocence or guilt! It does need to be looked at by people who wnat the truth!

Forum List

Back