Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside

The use of a grand jury isn't indicative of a 'cover up'. There's been zero indications of a cover up. For crying out loud, they charged her. If they'd exonerated her, perhaps you could make an argument. In fact, this case has been text book of what you're *supposed* to do when an officer shoots someone, especially when there is a racial component.

The charges have been reasonable and timely. The investigation was given to an outside law enforcement office. And the Dallas PD is keeping the public informed.

And the officer isn't 'anyone else'. If she was, we wouldn't be talking about her. They also wouldn't have given the case to the Texas Rangers. The involvement of the officer and the calling in an independent investigative team added about 48 hours to the case.

There is so far, zero indication of a cover up.
You seem to know a little bit about the procedures in these types of matters. Do they normally place the officer under surveillance or restrict her movements in any way or was she free to do and go anywhere she pleased before being charged?

My understanding is that the Texas Rangers were called in because it is not appropriate for a law enforcement agency to investigate itself on any potential criminal act of any officers.

My point being that the calling of the Texas Rangers was *counter* indicative of a cover up. As they Dallas PD had removed themselves from the investigation.

I've seen nothing to indicate a cover up. Despite Asp's numerous claims.
I dont know about you but the words "Texas Ranger" leaves the same taste in my mouth as the phrase KKK. They are traditionally just another branch of militant racist white people that were given badges.

That's your own personal baggage. And has nothing to do with the integrity of the case.
I disagree. Why give this case to such an organization filled with racists?
As a REAL black person, give us what you know about Haitians.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?

My point being that the calling of the Texas Rangers was *counter* indicative of a cover up. As they Dallas PD had removed themselves from the investigation.

I've seen nothing to indicate a cover up. Despite Asp's numerous claims.
I dont know about you but the words "Texas Ranger" leaves the same taste in my mouth as the phrase KKK. They are traditionally just another branch of militant racist white people that were given badges.

That's your own personal baggage. And has nothing to do with the integrity of the case.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?
The victim was Haitian. They have a reputation in the black world. Our REAL black friend will certainly know it.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?
The victim was Haitian. They have a reputation in the black world. Our REAL black friend will certainly know it.

St. Kitts is in Haiti now?

One of my best friends and co-workers is Haitian and I guess I know more than most but I don't know about this "reputation".

What would it have to do with this case, even if the victim was Haitian?

No, what makes it an officer involved shooting is it involving an officer. They don't call the Texas Rangers for every shooting that happens in Dallas. Nor do we discuss it.
My understanding is that the Texas Rangers were called in because it is not appropriate for a law enforcement agency to investigate itself on any potential criminal act of any officers. The Dallas police chief indicated that in order to maintain transparency they invited the Texas Rangers to conduct the investigation on their behalf and she made a point of indicating that it had nothing to do with lack of confidence in her officers/detectives to conduct the investigation. It's generally a matter of integrity and I don't just mean people integrity I mean the integrity of the case.

I believe it is very common, if not entirely standard, for other law enforcement to be asked to conduct investigations in cases like this, to avoid any appearance of impropriety or partiality. In most states, it would be the state police doing it.

No, what makes it an officer involved shooting is it involving an officer. They don't call the Texas Rangers for every shooting that happens in Dallas. Nor do we discuss it.
My understanding is that the Texas Rangers were called in because it is not appropriate for a law enforcement agency to investigate itself on any potential criminal act of any officers. The Dallas police chief indicated that in order to maintain transparency they invited the Texas Rangers to conduct the investigation on their behalf and she made a point of indicating that it had nothing to do with lack of confidence in her officers/detectives to conduct the investigation. It's generally a matter of integrity and I don't just mean people integrity I mean the integrity of the case.

I believe it is very common, if not entirely standard, for other law enforcement to be asked to conduct investigations in cases like this, to avoid any appearance of impropriety or partiality. In most states, it would be the state police doing it.

It is common to have another agency investigate an LEO killing like this one.

Pretty much SOP.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?

One of my best friends and co-workers is Haitian and I guess I know more than most but I don't know about this "reputation".

St Kitts is nice. Some of the prettiest water in the world.

Ask your Haitian best friend about their reputations.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?

How would she know? Seems that would be the last person to ask. That's why I asked you since you bring it up.

Which is strange since the victim here is from St.Kitts, not Haiti.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?

How would she know? Seems that would be the last person to ask. That's why I asked you since you bring it up.

Ask her about Haitian's reputations.

I asked a "real" black person to tell us what he knows about Haitian's reputations. Funny you should jump into our conversation.

"Haitians"?

Why Haitians?

I asked a "real" black person to tell us what he knows about Haitian's reputations. Funny you should jump into our conversation.

And he's still free to answer, just as you are to answer what Haiti has to do with a victim from St. Kitts.

And he's still free to answer, just as you are to answer what Haiti has to do with a victim from St. Kitts.
He won't know about people from St. Kitts, either.

Dave's not here.

knocknocknocknock

"Who is it"?

"It's Haiti. Open up" .

"Who?

"Haiti. Open up I got a crime scene. I think St. Kitts saw me come in here"

"Haiti's not here"

:banghead:

knocknocknocknock

"Who is it"?

"It's Haiti. Open up" .

"Who?

"Haiti's not here"

Tell us what you know of either. The "real" black guy won't. Let's hear from the Jews.

Pretty much SOP.

And its counter indicative of a cover up.

knocknocknocknock

"Who is it"?

"It's Haiti. Open up" .

"Who?

"Haiti's not here"

Tell us what you know of either. The "real" black guy won't. Let's hear from the Jews.

Da Joooooos? :dunno:

I know more about Haiti than about da Jooooos. Cain't hep ya.
What is the Haitian's reputation?

Since you know about them and all.

knocknocknocknock

"Who is it"?

"It's Haiti. Open up" .

"Who?

"Haiti's not here"

Haitians have a notorious reputation for not being from St. Kitts. It's widespread.

It's also widely suspected that most of them are not Inuits.

Sorry, I'm not much into stereotypes.

knocknocknocknock

"Who is it"?

"It's Haiti. Open up" .

"Who?

"Haiti's not here"

Haitians have a notorious reputation for not being from St. Kitts. It's widespread.

It's also widely suspected that most of them are not Inuits.

Sorry, I'm not much into stereotypes.
Nothing about "da Jooos" from Mz. Non-Stereotype in that post.

Pretty much SOP.

And its counter indicative of a cover up.

I agree. Nothing will be covered up in this investigation that's why an outside agency will be handling it.

Forum List

Back