Cubs player Zolair perfect example of what is wrong with baseball today.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I so much hate that motherfucker Zolair now.He showed in game three exactly what is wrong with baseball today. His laziness will probably cost the Cubs the world series.:mad:

He hit a pop fly to right field that he thought was going to be foul so like the lazy ass he is because he makes multi millions a year,he just jogged down the basepath to first base assuming it was going to be foul. idiot.:mad:

Had he done what any little leaguer is instructed to do which is to run it out as hard as you could since there was doubt that it would be foul or fair,he would have had an inside park home run and the game would have been tied 1-1 and they would have gone into extra innings as a result and the Cubs having home field advantage,they would have had a much better chance to win that game with their bullpen they have.:mad:

You knew they would lose last nights game with Kluber pitching so instead being down 3-1 they would have had an excellent chance of being tied two to two like you figured them to be at this point. with a chance to go up 3 to 2 tonight.:mad:

Players like Zolair is exactly what is wrong with baseball now. I played baseball all the way through junior college,had I just jogged down the right filed like like he did,I would have been kicked off my team.It was always drilled into me since little league that even a ground ball to first base,you run it out.Players like him,they jog down there.

The sad thing is that is not the way is used to be when I was little.Back then players HUSTLED and tried to beat out the throw. I remember George Brett for example ran out every ground ball even if like i said,he hit it back to the pitcher or first baseman.

Brett even mentioned in his book towards the last few years in his playing days he saw players doing the unthinkable,not running out ground ball and rightly so,it nauseated him to see how the game has become that.:thup:

The reason players are like Zolair and dont run it out anymore is cause of the multi millions they are paid.

Thats is one of many reasons that unless it is one of my favorite teams I dont watch the world series anymore.Where it used to be when I was a toddler,I never missed the world series no matter who it was.

the owners have really ruined the game now.fuck the MLB.

I so much hate that motherfucker Zolair now.He showed in game three exactly what is wrong with baseball today. His laziness will probably cost the Cubs the world series.:mad:

He hit a pop fly to right field that he thought was going to be foul so like the lazy ass he is because he makes multi millions a year,he just jogged down the basepath to first base assuming it was going to be foul. idiot.:mad:

Had he done what any little leaguer is instructed to do which is to run it out as hard as you could since there was doubt that it would be foul or fair,he would have had an inside park home run and the game would have been tied 1-1 and they would have gone into extra innings as a result and the Cubs having home field advantage,they would have had a much better chance to win that game with their bullpen they have.:mad:

You knew they would lose last nights game with Kluber pitching so instead being down 3-1 they would have had an excellent chance of being tied two to two like you figured them to be at this point. with a chance to go up 3 to 2 tonight.:mad:

Players like Zolair is exactly what is wrong with baseball now. I played baseball all the way through junior college,had I just jogged down the right filed like like he did,I would have been kicked off my team.It was always drilled into me since little league that even a ground ball to first base,you run it out.Players like him,they jog down there.

The sad thing is that is not the way is used to be when I was little.Back then players HUSTLED and tried to beat out the throw. I remember George Brett for example ran out every ground ball even if like i said,he hit it back to the pitcher or first baseman.

Brett even mentioned in his book towards the last few years in his playing days he saw players doing the unthinkable,not running out ground ball and rightly so,it nauseated him to see how the game has become that.:thup:

The reason players are like Zolair and dont run it out anymore is cause of the multi millions they are paid.

Thats is one of many reasons that unless it is one of my favorite teams I dont watch the world series anymore.Where it used to be when I was a toddler,I never missed the world series no matter who it was.

I saw the play you are writing about and it is true Soler should have ran and not stop like he did... I believe that is why Heyward was in the game last night...

The batters have been bad this series except for Schwarber and Zobrist...

I saw the play you are writing about and it is true Soler should have ran and not stop like he did... I believe that is why Heyward was in the game last night...

Yeah they have disgraced chicago fans with their hitting except like you said those two hitters. This was unheard of in major league baseball at one time to not run it out like that or how they dont run out a ground ball. as i said,had i dont that in high school when i played ball as Zolair did,"I" would have been kicked off the team rightfully so by the coach.I NEVER came across a coach growing up while playing the game who tolerated that kind of laziness.

Yeah they have disgraced chicago fans with their hitting except like you said those two hitters. This was unheard of in major league baseball at one time to not run it out like that or how they dont run out a ground ball. as i said,had i dont that in high school when i played ball as Zolair did,"I" would have been kicked off the team rightfully so by the coach.I NEVER came across a coach growing up while playing the game who tolerated that kind of laziness.

Baez did something like that on a slow rolling ball and stopped when the pitcher got near.

You run it out because you can force an error which help your team...

I doubt you will Soler again this World Series...

Baez did something like that on a slow rolling ball and stopped when the pitcher got near.

You run it out because you can force an error which help your team...

I doubt you will Soler again this World Series...

yeah i see that all the time even in the playoffs which makes me sick.How can anyone in a playoff game NOT run it out and just assume he will drop the ball or make the throw on time or that thwy wont force an error by running it out? Its the world series for god sakes,cant believe they are not embarrassed to been seen by the whole world just jogging down the line like that. sick is just one word that I can think of that comes to my mind.

I always thought it was stupid when they came up with the idea to give incentive for the players to play hard and not act like the all star game is a picnic and treat it serious like back in the day pete rose slammed into the catcher,as an incentive for them to play hard they gave the winner home field advatage in the world series. I was like WTF? that wont make any difference and it hasnt,one league gets on a role and stays that way for years.

I wanted to say to those morons back then who made that decision-you idiots,thats not going to make them tale the gamne serious and play hard.Only way that will happen again like the old days is stop being idiots and stop paying these greedy players multi millions of dollars just for playing a kids game.:rolleyes:

they should be using those multi millions t o pay people who are underpaid who deserve that kind of money like teachers,firemen,rescue workers and those kind of people who make a DIFFERENCE in society.:mad:

Hey LA or anyone else what was one of your most memorable plays you made in baseball

I remember two..

Around 6Th grade I was playing center and bent down to tie my shoe....I look up and a Damn fly ball comes right at me, lift up my glove and caught it lol..

My last at bat in a Damn fast pitch softball game about 20 years ago I hit a grand slam during a work company picnic and never played the game again

Hey LA or anyone else what was one of your most memorable plays you made in baseball

I remember two..

Around 6Th grade I was playing center and bent down to tie my shoe....I look up and a Damn fly ball comes right at me, lift up my glove and caught it lol..

My last at bat in a Damn fast pitch softball game about 20 years ago I hit a grand slam during a work company picnic and never played the game again

well I dont have any that compare with anything like what happened to you in your first paragraph that i remember unfortunately.

However I do have a couple of fond memories I always cherish and will always remember though.first one was when I was in junior High school.I hit my first and only homerun I ever hit my entire time i played baseball.

I wish I could have experienced what other friends of mine felt and got to over the years in lillte league,they hit many home runs over the years. You can imaigine how jeoulous and angry that made me feel?

anyways that time I hit that homerun I will always vividly remember it because not only was it my first and only homerun I ever hit,but nobody else on the team hit one that whole year either.I was the only one.:banana:

Plus more importantly,I was treated like a rock star by all my classmates in school the next day because some of my classmates were on the team I hit it against.

they were talking to some of the girls in my class saying to them-This guy hit a home run off of us last night..the girls then came up to me and said-really,you hit a home run off them last night? It was great. I never thought for a second people in my class including the girls would act like I was a rock star or something over that.:up::banana: I was blushing over all the attention I got from everybody that day as though I had become an overnight movie star or something.:banana::thup:

The other find memory I have was not near as exciting as that one was but still a pretty special and fond memory no less.

It was my senior year in high school.By that time I got tired of baseball so I wasnt on the team that year. I got tried of it after my sophomore year and stopped playing by then.

It was in gym class. In gym you played a sport for a week before you went on to a different sport..this week was baseball. If you hit the ball over a line that was drawn a certain height on the wall,it was a home run.

Well I did just that. I did it TWICE no less that whole week we played. The REASON it was so special to me and why it is still a fond memory for me to this day is because this time while I was not the only one in the class to accomplish the feat,one other guy in class did it as well that week but the thing that made it pretty special and a fond memory for me I still think about today and look back on is that while I was not the only one on the team to hit a home run that week and there WAS someone else that did it as well,the thing that amazed me about my feat is HE was on the baseball team.He was still playing baseball while a senior in high school where with me I had stopped playing after my sophomore year PLUS he only hit one home run where I hit TWO.

Me and him were the only two that hit home runs that whole week we played whiffleball where the ball was thrown underhand to you but the thing that made it so special to me is that HE was on the baseball team so it did not surprise anybody in the class when HE hit a homerun but I was NOT on the baseball team anymore,had not been for a couple of years and never hit a homerun the whole time I was so it really surprised them all when "I" hit a homerun,TWICE no less that not even the guy on the baseball team could do that whole week,.:D

I can guarantee after that,the person picking who he wanted on his team regretted picking me last.:DMy whole life even leading up to high school I was always picked last because I was shy and unpopular.how bout you,were you always picked last by chance,or were you very popular with everyone?

hey while I have you hear,would like to hear your comments and feed back on the information in this thread my first two posts.dont you think it is funny the situation that idiot owner of the niner jed york has put himself in?:D

Concern grows over half empty stadiums in Santa Clara.comedy gold.lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back