Criminal Charges for Hand-Counting Ballots?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
What's the problem? What are you afraid of Democrats?

PHOENIX (AP) — The board of supervisors in a southern Arizona county will meet next week to consider counting nearly all the ballots cast in-person on Election Day, despite an earlier court order limiting the hand-count driven by unfounded distrust in machines that tabulate votes.

The actual count may start before Tuesday’s planned meeting of the Cochise County board, and the local prosecutor is warning starting it at any time may lead to criminal charges.

The moves come just days after a judge ruled that state law bars expanding the normal small hand-count audit of early ballots. He also ruled that a 100% hand-count of Election Day ballots is illegal because any expansion for precincts chosen for those reviews must be picked at random.

1668337485800.png

Thus far not a single Democrat in this or any other thread saying, "Hey that's a great idea. They should hand count the votes to make sure the election is secure!"

Wow...now that's a mystery huh?

Because all they care about is winning. They didn't have actual parents. They were raised by animals and animals do not have morals or values. They are animals. They just kill and consume and shit and sleep.

Because all they care about is winning. They didn't have actual parents. They were raised by animals and animals do not have morals or values. They are animals. They just kill and consume and shit and sleep.

Lot of people not coming back to respond in this thread.

Not XponentialChaos

Not Care4all

I guess they have no answer for why they should oppose hand counting ballots

Nothing, really. If Trends continue as they are, Hobbs will probably win the governorship.

Thus far not a single Democrat in this or any other thread saying, "Hey that's a great idea. They should hand count the votes to make sure the election is secure!"

Wow...now that's a mystery huh?

If the vote is really close, I'd have no problem with a hand count.

The thing is, hand counts really don't change results, as Al Gore found out in Florida or the people running against Scott Walker in 2014 found.

when i was a child this was how towns counted ballots...they would set up at the fire department and count ballots til it was done..the town gather to watch and wait
Yeah, there was a time when banks counted coins by hand too. But do you know what? Counting machines not only saved time, it also made the task more cost-efficient. Or do you want to go back to a time when cashiers had to input the cost of your items on a register while you stood there waiting for 5 or 6 times as long as it takes to scan your items at the checkout register? And would also like to give up your debit or credit card and write out a check and show an ID instead?

when i was a child this was how towns counted ballots...they would set up at the fire department and count ballots til it was done..the town gather to watch and wait
Here's another idea. Let's get rid of washers and driers and start washing clothes by hand again and then hauling all those wet clothes out to a clothesline.

Dear Readers,

#1 You can create rules that allow for fast and accurate voter counts.

#2 You can create rules that allow for fast but inaccurate voter counts.

#3 You can create rules that allow for slow but accurate voter counts.
To achieve #1 you need paper ballots counted by tabulation machines (which provides the paper needed in close races for recounts - hence the "accurate" leg). However you need to let election staff do their jobs and begin the pre-screening of mail-in / hand delivered ballots in security envelopes before election day and not as the last thing counted in the system. Allowing pre-screening will greatly improve the speed of ballot counting as the heavy lifting will already have been done. After that, it's feeding the machines for the counting.

WW

Nothing, really. If Trends continue as they are, Hobbs will probably win the governorship.

If the vote is really close, I'd have no problem with a hand count.

The thing is, hand counts really don't change results, as Al Gore found out in Florida or the people running against Scott Walker in 2014 found.
The town wanted to run their election via all paper ballot and hand count.

Arizona sued the town, because Arizona election law, written by the republican majority legislature, does not permit it.

The court ruled it was against election law for the town to do it.

Town said it was gonna do it anyway.....or something like that....?

PHOENIX (AP) — The board of supervisors in a southern Arizona county will meet next week to consider counting nearly all the ballots cast in-person on Election Day, despite an earlier court order limiting the hand-count driven by unfounded distrust in machines that tabulate votes.

The actual count may start before Tuesday’s planned meeting of the Cochise County board, and the local prosecutor is warning starting it at any time may lead to criminal charges.

The moves come just days after a judge ruled that state law bars expanding the normal small hand-count audit of early ballots. He also ruled that a 100% hand-count of Election Day ballots is illegal because any expansion for precincts chosen for those reviews must be picked at random.

Not the tab thing again, good god doesn't politicians know statistics?, Human behavior?

You can not be accurate hand counting ballots

I am often times confused over what we are arguing. I ask and it rarely gets addressed but I will try here one more time.

What are we arguing? According to the judge he is enforcing election laws. What is the argument here? That he should just ignore them and rule counter to the laws?

well, this is the new may of counting ... the accuracy of the ballots count is 100 times more accurate than the hand counting of ballots ... when you vote now a computer longs your count ... each computer on-site is time to a mainframe that records your count and kicks out a paper ballot record of your vote and you are now logged into the systems where you have voted ... now the most accurate voting devices is the mail in ballot... it is 100 % accurate ... there it isn't any way for you to cheat ... that kills these republicans where they try and claim they are being cheated, its impossible to cheat ...

Forum List

Back