CRIKEY!! "Crocodile Hunter" killed by stingray.

Very sad.

I liked the guy. He had an entertainment and teaching angle in what he did,
He was an expert with crocs and snakes, IMO.

I understand from one report I read he was making a documentary on “Dangerous Sea Creatures”, I guess he found em. Maybe out of his area of expertise?

This reminds me of the phrase “If you play with fire, you’re going to get burnt”.

Ya know, I think he knew that.

Exactly. I think he went the way he wanted to go.

I think his daughter's name was Bindi.

He also did a lot for conservation and wildlife preservation. His park was supposedly top-notch (I had a roommate who did a semester in Australia who went to visit it and said it was absolutely incredible). I hope that his wife and family continue doing the wonderful things he started as far as protecting wild animals and helping injured animals.

Still, while I was saddened by this (can't even begin to count the number of nights in college I spent with a bowl of mac and cheese or ramen noodles laughing hysterically with my friends over the idiotic things this man did with crocs, snakes, spiders, dingo, feral cats, and anything else dangerous on earth)...I wasn't particularly suprised.

I feel terrible for his family...

I think his daughter's name was Bindi.

yeah...Bindi Sue...I remember them saying something about sharing the middle name with their dog or something.

I read that she's 8 yrs old now....damn time flies-I thought she was nearing about 3 or 4. It doesn't seem that long ago that I watched the episode where he and Terri introduced her. Then again, I haven't had cable for almost 4 years now, so I guess I miss a bit of this stuff. I didn't even know about his son who's almost 3.

I couldn't watch him either. I remember him screwing around with a taipan (the world's most venomous snake) and was playing with it.... the guy was nuts.

Sting rays only attack when provoked.... so, he either accidentally stepped on one or was screwing around with it and got it pissed off, I wonder which one? :rolleyes:

considering it stung him through his heart, which is why he was killed, i doubt he stepped on it.

I just cant help but find it ironic. the guy messes around with crocodiles and other dangerous creatures all day and is killed by a pretty gentle creature.

Forum List

Back