$crewing Pooches

One Bold said:
"Gays ain't 'real' Christians, so Gay money is hereby declared 'funny', and will no longer be accepted by this Corporation!" :eusa_naughty:
:rolleyes:

Chic-Filet Management screwed the Religious, Commercial AND Political Poochs on this proclamation! :lol:

:lmao:

That Pesky Free Press Again... said:
"Enough American reaction, both public sector and private summarized as :fu: to cause SERIOU$ Right-of-way backpedaling!!" "Read All About It!!!!"

Huh! :eusa_eh: Who knew?!? :dunno: Turns out you can't push religion AND become a politically active corporate 1%er in the internet age.

:smoke: Seriously... does this REALLY need any other links?

One would be nice?

Coincidence! Chick-Fil-A pulls Jim Henson toy over

"Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel concurred. "Chick-Fil-A values are not Chicago values," he said in a statement. "They disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents.”
:tongue:

:clap2:

Exactly! Trying to white-wash the termination of a contract that will cost the company a $hit-load in profits, Chick-fil-A calls the toys defective - what a classic 'stupid politics' attempt at spinning an impossible fuck-up!

To be for traditional marriage means one is now a homophobe and anti gay.

Anti abortion means one is now a crazy whack job who doesn't understand a woman's right to "choose".

Pro gun rights means one is now pro killing Trayvon Martin and shooting up movie theatres.

And to think we are the ones being labelled "radical and extreme".

What a world.

I guess these days one just can't go even to right of center without being called all sorts of names.

No ma'am.

To in effect declare that "Anyone who doesn't live like ME and my one wife is bringing God's Judgement on America!" is homophobic, anti gay and discriminatory.

That is what is objectionable enough to fire them as a company I want to do business with, and I'm not alone.

Whatever your politics or religion, you must admit that this is going to cause a directional shift in the rivers of cash flowing in the direction of Chick-fil-A, Inc.

Does anyone know if they're traded publicly?

did he say the exact words you have quoted?

i can't find them anywhere.

perhaps you should link us to a quote when you've finished shredding the first amendment, no?

For traditional marriage means one is now a homophobe and anti gay.

Anti abortion means one is now a crazy whack job who doesn't understand a woman's right to "choose".

Pro gun rights means one is now pro killing Trayvon Martin and shooting up movie theatres.

What a world.

This is how communism works.

If points were given for pointless labeling, you'd get two from me, but that's not how I roll.

I'll bet you a buck that SOMEone will waste one of their 5 reps per day on this though!

What a world.

I guess these days one just can't go even to right of center without being called all sorts of names.

No ma'am.

To in effect declare that "Anyone who doesn't live like ME and my one wife is bringing God's Judgement on America!" is homophobic, anti gay and discriminatory.

That is what is objectionable enough to fire them as a company I want to do business with, and I'm not alone.

Whatever your politics or religion, you must admit that this is going to cause a directional shift in the rivers of cash flowing in the direction of Chick-fil-A, Inc.

perhaps you should link us to a quote when you've finished shredding the first amendment, no?

this was the quote:

"I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said on the Ken Coleman Show. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think we can try to define what marriage is all about.”

Chick-fil-A CEO Says US Inviting God's Judgment

For traditional marriage means one is now a homophobe and anti gay.

What a world.

This is how communism works.

If points were given for pointless labeling, you'd get two from me, but that's not how I roll.

I'll bet you a buck that SOMEone will waste one of their 5 reps per day on this though!

the irony is thick

btw, we're back up to 20 reps a day. :thup:

No ma'am.

this was the quote:

"I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said on the Ken Coleman Show. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think we can try to define what marriage is all about.”

Chick-fil-A CEO Says US Inviting God's Judgment

that's not remotely close to the words joe is putting in his mouth.

casa31.jpg

What a world.

No ma'am.

Joe seems prepared to destroy the business of this family because "in effect he declared" something something...which he never declared.

I can't help but think that if the same sentiments were expressed by the Muslim owners of the wildly popular Ahmed's Falafel Hut, this thread wouldn't exist.

Look, I don't agree with their position, but they're entitled to it. Welcome to America.

Personally, I think the guy should have kept his opinion to himself, but there you go. Unless they outright refuse service to homosexuals, I don't think there's anything to be done.

I do, however have one question for those of you "outraged" enough to boycott Chik Fil A...

Do you also boycott Carl's Jr.? Hardee's? Green Burrito? Red Burrito (never heard of that one)? I ask this because I imagine you are also the type who would support a woman's right to choose. How are the two linked? Carl Karcher gave his money to right to life groups. A lot of money. Karcher Enterprises own's all four of the afore mentioned restaurants.

i'll bite, yes i'll boycott them, and rather easy because they are fastfood, I barely go there anyways.

That being said, like i said in dont taz me thread, They have the right to open a store and the public has the right to say no thank you and watch them close.

The mayors are just as wrong in all of this.

I know what you mean... Thought about putting it in the Flame Zone, too.

This is an interesting turn of political events. Might just shake loose the stupidly strange political hold religion has had on the Republican Party. Talk about the tail that wags the dog!

Joe-are you saying that Democrats have no religion in their party?

So far, sans the Chicago connection, I haven't heard or said anything about the democrats... this isn't about them at all, unless someone can find video of a democrat responding. :eusa_think: Perhaps a 'Blue-Dog' crying 'Persecution!'

This is about one religious nut with enough money to make the news calling for "Death to [SIZE="-4"]some[/SIZE] Americans!!" and the response from some of our leaders defending it and spinning it positively. I can't help it if they're all republicans.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks with a proud, big, bold R on their Voter I.D. who're looking like this right now: :eusa_doh:

Just like there are reasonable democrats out there, there ARE reasonable republicans. I know... I've met them in bars... they like me but they don't know why.

I can't help but think that if the same sentiments were expressed by the Muslim owners of the wildly popular Ahmed's Falafel Hut, this thread wouldn't exist.

Look, I don't agree with their position, but they're entitled to it. Welcome to America.

Personally, I think the guy should have kept his opinion to himself, but there you go. Unless they outright refuse service to homosexuals, I don't think there's anything to be done.

I do, however have one question for those of you "outraged" enough to boycott Chik Fil A...

Do you also boycott Carl's Jr.? Hardee's? Green Burrito? Red Burrito (never heard of that one)? I ask this because I imagine you are also the type who would support a woman's right to choose. How are the two linked? Carl Karcher gave his money to right to life groups. A lot of money. Karcher Enterprises own's all four of the afore mentioned restaurants.

i'll bite, yes i'll boycott them, and rather easy because they are fastfood, I barely go there anyways.

That being said, like i said in dont taz me thread, They have the right to open a store and the public has the right to say no thank you and watch them close.

unless chick fil-a has denied service to someone because of their sexual orientation, they haven't done anything wrong at all.

true story

This is an interesting turn of political events. Might just shake loose the stupidly strange political hold religion has had on the Republican Party. Talk about the tail that wags the dog!

I'm saying politics and religion have no business being in bed together, especially when there is money involved.

So far, sans the Chicago connection, I haven't heard or said anything about the democrats... this isn't about them at all, unless someone can find video of a democrat responding. :eusa_think: Perhaps a 'Blue-Dog' crying 'Persecution!'

This is about one religious nut with enough money to make the news calling for "Death to [SIZE="-4"]some[/SIZE] Americans!!" and the response from some of our leaders defending it and spinning it positively. I can't help it if they're all republicans.

I'm sure plenty of folks with a proud, big, bold R on their Voter I.D. who're looking like this right now: :eusa_doh:

Just like there are reasonable democrats out there, there ARE reasonable republicans. I know... I've met them in bars... they like me but they don't know why.

don't see him saying that either.

it's okay to disagree with the guy, but lying about what he said makes you look like a partisan hack.

doing it consistently, as you have in this (these?) thread(s) takes the *look like* out of the equation.

unless chick fil-a has denied service to someone because of their sexual orientation, they haven't done anything wrong at all.

true story

Legally or Humanly?

True question!

Then you and I are of like minds, though I would not actively boycott them. I have never been to a Chik Fil A, though not because of their position, they just hold no appeal for me. When I heard of Karcher's position, I curtailed my visits to Carl's Jr. stores, not because I didn't agree with his beliefs but because I felt no need to help contribute to a cause. I see and respect both sides of the abortion issue, but as a father of three daughters...

Besides, every once in a great while I just have to have a Western Bacon Chee...

true story
They stated an opinion i disagree with and lost my money.

Otherwise yes no shit del.

Then you and I are of like minds, though I would not actively boycott them. I have never been to a Chik Fil A, though not because of their position, they just hold no appeal for me. When I heard of Karcher's position, I curtailed my visits to Carl's Jr. stores, not because I didn't agree with his beliefs but because I felt no need to help contribute to a cause. I see and respect both sides of the abortion issue, but as a father of three daughters...

Besides, every once in a great while I just have to have a Western Bacon Chee...

Chic is ok, but its not something i need to go out of my way for. My wife on the other hand will go out of her way for them...

Carl's is more of a west coast deal, and i didnt care for them while i was out there.

true story

Legally or Humanly?

True question!

And can I wish the company a heartfelt "Good luck with that store in Chi-town, should their appeal of the permit decision be granted in court."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OCtSqrOQ0]The Money Pit (6/9) Movie CLIP - I'm Right Here! (1986) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Chic is ok, but its not something i need to go out of my way for. My wife on the other hand will go out of her way for them...

Carl's is more of a west coast deal, and i didnt care for them while i was out there.

I'm more of an In-N-Out guy myself, which is funny considering my Agnostic/Atheist type views... They put scripture on the inside rim of the bottoms of their cups...

Last edited:

true story

Legally or Humanly?

True question!

neither

everyone has a right to an opinion.

this is pretty basic stuff.

do you think it's okay to lie about what he said because you disagree with him?

Forum List

Back