Creative Protest: Covering Hollywood Stars with names of Blacks killed by Police

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Why the names of African Americans killed by police took over the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Now THIS is cool. Very Creative and Effective. I give the Anonymous Protesters credit for coming up with this!

upload_2016-4-7_2-46-43.png

In a way, they have become media stars. And the same media politics happens as in Hollywood, the same arguments if the people who get all the attention and credit actually deserve that. Or if it is all hyped up, and there are other much more deserving people who don't get treated as celebrities, while the ones who do have major problems that make them unworthy that people are overlooking to go along with popular hype. Similar politics comes up with anybody put in the limelight like a public figure for whatever reason, where as many people try to hype someone up as "representing something good to make a point" while others try to strike them down as "representing something bad" to make a point.

Last edited:
Izzat gonna include the ones gettin' shot...

... while shootin' at cops...

... or co-workers...

... or convenient store clerks, etc.?

Izzat gonna include the ones gettin' shot...

... while shootin' at cops...

... or co-workers...

... or convenient store clerks, etc.?

the people who vandalized the ----"Hollywood stars" walkway should be arrested and charged. The Hollywood walkway has NOTHING to do with a history of blacks being shot by cops and-----while not exactly exciting to me is very important to lots of movie buffs. The film genre is ART---and the walkway honors artists. The slobs who vandalized the walkway are -----in a BIZARRE manner spitting on artists. Long ago------I saw ----in the Metropolitan Museum of art------an exposition Medieval paintings of famous MARTYRED SAINTS. How about defacing them with pictures and names of the "MARTYRS" of just about ANY INTEREST GROUP?-----

Eric Garner died of a heart attack from resisting arrest.
Freddy Gray killed himself being an idiot.
Michael Brown attacked a cop and tried to take his gun.

Now they're heroes to the left.

Why the names of African Americans killed by police took over the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Now THIS is cool. Very Creative and Effective. I give the Anonymous Protesters credit for coming up with this!

View attachment 70532

In a way, they have become media stars. And the same media politics happens as in Hollywood, the same arguments if the people who get all the attention and credit actually deserve that. Or if it is all hyped up, and there are other much more deserving people who don't get treated as celebrities, while the ones who do have major problems that make them unworthy that people are overlooking to go along with popular hype. Similar politics comes up with anybody put in the limelight like a public figure for whatever reason, where as many people try to hype someone up as "representing something good to make a point" while others try to strike them down as "representing something bad" to make a point.
Looks like I have a spot where I can piss when in Hollywierd.

View attachment 70532

Looks like I have a spot where I can piss when in Hollywierd.
I can't wait to watch the videos showing brown paper bags on fire sitting on top of those 'stars'. Someone will run over and attempt to stamp the fires out.
Can't wait.

View attachment 70532

Imagine if they covered the stars with the names of blacks murdered by other black criminals......there wouldn't be one star uncovered.....

Eric Garner died of a heart attack from resisting arrest.
Freddy Gray killed himself being an idiot.
Michael Brown attacked a cop and tried to take his gun.

Now they're heroes to the left.

Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. is weeping in his grave...to think that criminals committing criminal acts would have become the new martyrs of the Civil Rights movement that already won their victories in the 60s............he would be ashamed of blacks in this country...

View attachment 70532

This can also be named, the cracka pigs walk of shame

It is childish vandallism

Dear irosie91 compared to violent protests, this is civil and safe. The "damage" can be undone
unlike burned cars and looted businesses that cost a lot more money and further damage community relations.

And it makes statements on several levels. It takes that hype in the media about Hollywood and race,
and then integrates what's been going on with the police uprisings.

I'd much rather people use arts and media in creative ways rather than commit crimes, looting and more
destructive damage to make a statement in the media.

Wouldn't you rather see this than see cops getting shot or looting and cars burned at protests?

View attachment 70532

This can also be named, the cracka pigs walk of shame

Sure guno, and what was there before, the hype about Hollywood,
also has its sad history of abuse to get to the top. Not to mention
the horrible tragedies on the streets of Hollywood and LA where
people sacrifice themselves trying to make it big. We don't see the real
story in that light, but it gets glamorized, the drug abuse and sick lifestyles.

Lots of stress to be pushed in the public limelight where your image is sold,
for good or bad press, and it drives people to all levels of addiction, drugs, etc.
the difference is when this is glamorized in the media and sold as more hype.

Did they use that 4 year old black girls name that was shot by a gang banging black trying to kill her brother?
No? But they used a black guys name that tried to kill a fuckin cop? Imagine that

Dear irosie91 compared to violent protests, this is civil and safe. The "damage" can be undone
unlike burned cars and looted businesses that cost a lot more money and further damage community relations.

And it makes statements on several levels. It takes that hype in the media about Hollywood and race,

I'd much rather people use arts and media in creative ways rather than commit crimes, looting and more

Wouldn't you rather see this than see cops getting shot or looting and cars burned at protests?

your answer---Emily-----is a COP OUT------there is absolutely no reason to VANDALIZE the honor afforded an artist in order to make a political point AND
your "isn't it better" argument is childish----"isn't it better to spit on a shrine than
to shoot a person" ? ----<<<<<<SHEEEESH I do not know to what religion you
adhere or were "born into"------I am a jew-----"Christians" murdered lots of my relative during world war II I mentioned an exposition of medieval paintings
I visited years ago in the METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART---of MARTYRED CHRISTIAN SAINTS----DEPICTING THEIR MARTYDOM---(gruesome but-----
well---'artisitic' )------I have a marvelous "CREATIVE IDEA"-----my
wonderful idea-----next time the MET does such an exposition----I will stick
up across the faces of the "martyrs"---names (and pictures if available) of
people murdered by your fellow Christians during world war II -----GOOD
GOOD IDEA? The very last picture in the solemn exposition was a HUGE
OIL OF JESUS HANGING on the cross------My grandmother had a framed
snap shot of two little girls-------with ribbon bows in their hair-----about six and
eight years old-------theydid not survive catholic ADOLF's march into AUSTRIA----
he acted fast with his fellow CHRISTIANS-----in that country. If I could find that
snapshot-----I could plaster it over the face of JESUS (in that marvelous medieval
oil) CREATIVE?

I'd rather see the protesters getting shot.

Why not have such a protest in black neighborhoods where the names of victims of black violence get their stsrs?

Why not have such a protest in black neighborhoods where the names of victims of black violence get their stsrs?

shock value------a kind of "let's spit on them" ------thing

calm yourself, lover. In America we do not shoot protestors-----where do you
think you are-----IRAN?

Forum List

Back