Crazyiest thunderstorm I've ever experienced

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Woke up this morning to the sound of my roof comming off and bombs exploding.

70 to 100 mph straight line winds that lasted for at least 15 to 20 minutes.

Lightning like I've never seen. Transformers exploding every 5 minutes to loud bangs as well as lighting up entire sections of the sky like it was noon.

Not a drop of rain!

Most roads were impassable by 6:45 as I left for breakfast. From huge trees to power lines and poles everywhere. Many roofs partially ripped off and privacy fencing all over the streets and sidewalks.

Our annual Downtown festival was all but destroyed but managed to get enough generators going to supply partial power.

3:30 now and most of the town is still without power or cell service.

Managed pretty unscathed here thankfully as we paid to have old massive trees taken out a couple years back. Roof needs work but it's not bad.

All day long all you can hear is chainsaws running. People are surprisingly patient at intersections as none of the lights work if they are still standing.

I've seen my share of midwest storms, many worse, but never without a single drop of rain.

Crazy shit.

The store sold me a 12 pack but no meat to grill. Said all the fresh meat is a loss and all the frozen goods are on dry ice. It was like the Zombie apocalypse shopping in a deserted store lol

20180602_144915.jpg

Lightning like I've never seen. Transformers exploding every 5 minutes to loud bangs as well as lighting up entire sections of the sky like it was noon.

Not a drop of rain!

Most roads were impassable by 6:45 as I left for breakfast. From huge trees to power lines and poles everywhere. Many roofs partially ripped off and privacy fencing all over the streets and sidewalks.

Our annual Downtown festival was all but destroyed but managed to get enough generators going to supply partial power.

Managed pretty unscathed here thankfully as we paid to have old massive trees taken out a couple years back. Roof needs work but it's not bad.

All day long all you can hear is chainsaws running. People are surprisingly patient at intersections as none of the lights work if they are still standing.

I've seen my share of midwest storms, many worse, but never without a single drop of rain.

Crazy shit.

The store sold me a 12 pack but no meat to grill. Said all the fresh meat is a loss and all the frozen goods are on dry ice. It was like the Zombie apocalypse shopping in a deserted store lol

View attachment 196353
Sooooo, what'd ya do to piss off Thor?

Not a drop of rain!

Crazy shit.

View attachment 196353

Hmmm ...

A derecho perhaps?

Two days after my 20th birthday, the car that I was in was hit by lightning. I'll never forget how loud the sound was.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If the gas line had been hit, you would be having this conversation with someone else.

Our weather forecast has predicted severe thunderstorms. Now I am waiting ....

Forum List

Back