Crazy Talk

Would you vote for a consensus candidate?

• No way, my way or the highway.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • If the candidate was otherwise qualified and believable, yes.

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
I want to clarify that consensus and compromise are different. Compromise is the kind of status quo horse trading we've put up with for a hundred years. It's one side letting the other do the shitty things they want to do, that will piss off half the country, in exchange for the opportunity to their own shitty things, that will piss off half the country.

Consensus is, in many ways, the opposite. It's more about what we don't do. In particular, we don't do shitty things that will piss off half the country. If we can't agree on what government should do about a problem, then government doesn't do anything about that problem. We'll have to solve it another way.
when you figure out a way to make both sides abide by their oaths to the constitution you let us know,,

when you figure out a way to make both sides abide by their oaths to the constitution you let us know,,
I'm not working on that problem. I'm trying to pull us away from the idiotic two-party pissing match that you dumb fuckers love so much.

I'm not working on that problem. I'm trying to pull us away from the idiotic two-party pissing match that you dumb fuckers love so much.
youre wasting your time,,

its been a uniparty for a few decades now,, we've just had some good people that cant accept that,,

Nope

I'd like both sides to agree to stop nominating shitty candidates.

Apart from that - you've totally missed the point. I wan't government stop passing laws we don't agree on.
what is a shitty candidate??

and what laws dont we agree on??

what you fail to understand is everything you just said is based on personal opinion,,

a law restricting gun ownership may seem stupid to me but to you or someone else it makes perfect sense,,

same goes for candidates,,
there are people that think joe biden is the greatest that ever lived and then theres the rest of us,,

as I said we first need people that abide the oaths to the constitution and go from there,,

I know this will sound utterly insane to most of you, but bear with me.

Regarding the upcoming US Presidential election - what if one, or both, of the major parties chose a different approach? And, rather than nominating a candidate who party supporters will love, and party detractors will hate, they chose a candidate who most voters, regardless of party, could accept - even if that candidate might not be their first choice? What if such a candidate avoided proposing a bunch of policies that half the country will love, and half the country will hate? What is such a candidate defined their agenda, not so much on what they will do, but on what they won't do? A candidate who would promise, for example, to not push the woke agenda via legislation, to not ban abortion, to not socialize health care, to not purge the government of dissent, to not seek revenge on their party's enemies, to not wall off the borders, to not piss off the other side at every single opportunity?

What if such a candidate promised to only sign legislation that had broad, bi-partisan support, and veto bills without that kind of support?

In other words, what if we chose a leader who could inspire everyone and represent the interests of the entire country, not just their party?

I know most people here are hardcore two-party combatants, but for those of you who aren't, would you vote for such a candidate?

I honestly believe that if either party did that, they'd win in a landslide.

Name three things that a concensus candidate would believe in.

Name three things that a concensus candidate would believe in.
1. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.
2. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.
3. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.

1. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.
2. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.
3. There's no point in passing laws that half the country hates.

Which laws does half the country hate?

The OP doesn't even participate in politics.
The partisan fool defines "politics" exclusively within the confines of the two-party circle jerk. So you're right. I have no intention to participate in your "politics".

The partisan fool defines "politics" exclusively within the confines of the two-party circle jerk. So you're right. I have no intention to participate in your "politics".

Yet you can't define, at all, what your solution is.

what kind of fucking idiot would be OK with anything both dems and repubs agree on??

these two groups have fucked this country up beyond belief,,

all consensus means is everyone is a fucking idiot,,
So when I say...."All Politicians Suck" do you finally agree with me?

I know, that Is as crazy as defining major league baseball as the American League and the National League.

Forum List

Back