Crazy Talk

Would you vote for a consensus candidate?

• No way, my way or the highway.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • If the candidate was otherwise qualified and believable, yes.

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
Not too long ago Democrats had superdelegates which highly influenced who the nominee would be. Then after a lot of flack about that they changed the system so primary voters had more say. Now you're saying that they should go backwards to the party picking the nominee and to hell with the voters?

Republicans still have a system whereby whoever gets the most votes wins ALL of the delegates. Trump became the nominee winning primaries with 15% of the popular vote, and getting all of the delegates. 85% of the voters wanted someone else, but Trump got all of the delegates.

Nope.

Lol... of course.
So of course, you completely misconstrue what I posted.

What part of the Trump Cult isn't interested in a Constitutional compromise, because they want to END the Constitution, are you not understanding?

The Mercers, the Murdochs, and the Dark Money behind the Federalist Society want a white Christian nationalist government. They've got the Supreme Court, and now they're going after the White House - again.

So of course, you completely misconstrue what I posted.

What part of the Trump Cult isn't interested in a Constitutional compromise, because they want to END the Constitution, are you not understanding?

The Mercers, the Murdochs, and the Dark Money behind the Federalist Society want a white Christian nationalist government. They've got the Supreme Court, and now they're going after the White House - again.
Quit playing that you GAF about the Constitution....We all know you shitlibs really couldn't care less about it.

Oh, and the carpetbagging foreigner Murdochs hate Trump.

Quit playing that you GAF about the Constitution....We all know you shitlibs really couldn't care less about it.

Oh, and the carpetbagging foreigner Murdochs hate Trump.

Yes they do hate him, but they're prepared to do whatever it takes to get a white nationalist into the White House - even if it is Trump. They proved that with their promotion of the "stolen election lies", even though they knew they were lies.

Tucker Carlson says in his emails he hates Donald Trump with a passion, but there he is interviewing him on his new podcast. It's all about the power and the money. Nothing else matters to these assholes.

Yes they do hate him, but they're prepared to do whatever it takes to get a white nationalist into the White House - even if it is Trump. They proved that with their promotion of the "stolen election lies", even though they knew they were lies.

Tucker Carlson says in his emails he hates Donald Trump with a passion, but there he is interviewing him on his new podcast. It's all about the power and the money. Nothing else matters to these assholes.
CuckooClock.gif

I never understood this need for a leader,,

the government is nothing more than an executive pool that takes care of daily business like picking up trash,,

but then again a useful idiot does need someone to tell them what to do,,
Whether people need/want a leader or not is irrelevant. Studies in individual and social psychology have shown that most people will conform to social norms and follow leaders. It doesn't even matter if that leader is a blithering idiot or the scum of the Earth. It doesn't matter if that social norm is morally reprehensible.

What we need is a system that will weed out the evil and incompetent from the leader pool. Not having a leader simply isn't going to happen.

Whether people need/want a leader or not is irrelevant. Studies in individual and social psychology have shown that most people will conform to social norms and follow leaders. It doesn't even matter if that leader is a blithering idiot or the scum of the Earth. It doesn't matter if that social norm is morally reprehensible.

What we need is a system that will weed out the evil and incompetent from the leader pool. Not having a leader simply isn't going to happen.
We had a loose approximation of that system until the Wilson cabal implanted its progressive cancer.

Trump isn't a White nationalist. He doesn't even pretend to be one. Only ignorant leftists think that he is. Trump is a Jewish nationalist, however. A position he shares with everyone in Congress and Biden's administration. I'd love there to be a White nationalist President, but I don't know of a single politician who is.

with all the useful idiots in this country a leader is required by them not me,,

what I need is the elected group to follow their oaths and nothing more,,

I know this will sound utterly insane to most of you, but bear with me.

Regarding the upcoming US Presidential election - what if one, or both, of the major parties chose a different approach? And, rather than nominating a candidate who party supporters will love, and party detractors will hate, they chose a candidate who most voters, regardless of party, could accept - even if that candidate might not be their first choice? What if such a candidate avoided proposing a bunch of policies that half the country will love, and half the country will hate? What is such a candidate defined their agenda, not so much on what they will do, but on what they won't do? A candidate who would promise, for example, to not push the woke agenda via legislation, to not ban abortion, to not socialize health care, to not purge the government of dissent, to not seek revenge on their party's enemies, to not wall off the borders, to not piss off the other side at every single opportunity?

What if such a candidate promised to only sign legislation that had broad, bi-partisan support, and veto bills without that kind of support?

In other words, what if we chose a leader who could inspire everyone and represent the interests of the entire country, not just their party?

I know most people here are hardcore two-party combatants, but for those of you who aren't, would you vote for such a candidate?

I honestly believe that if either party did that, they'd win in a landslide.
The ship has sailed….Long gone are the days of unity, of real bipartisanship… You globalists have manufactured a nation with no identity, one with a citizenry that is far too different with nothing in common, one with too many different needs and desires, too many languages, too many religions, too many cultures.
Face it….The Great Experiment is proving to be the greatest failure the world has ever known. The whole world knows it….yet globalists are holding on for dear life.

with all the useful idiots in this country a leader is required by them not me,,

what I need is the elected group to follow their oaths and nothing more,,
That may be true, but a society filled with alphas and lone wolves would quickly fall apart. In order for society to function most people have to be betas who follow leaders.

That may be true, but a society filled with alphas and lone wolves would quickly fall apart. In order for society to function most people have to be betas who follow leaders.
I dont see it that way,,,

alphas dont always mean leaders,, they are just capable of making their own decisions and not bothering other people,,

in todays world the followers are being used to attack those that choose to stand alone,,

Yes, I'd love to have someone in there who actually loves this country. Doesn't matter if he's white, black, orange, blue, green.................

Nationalism:

1. : loyalty and devotion to a nation. especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness sense 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups.

Right....And if The State controls all The Money, then the only candidates who get The Money will be the ones that The State deems to be "viable".

You really aren't very quick on the uptake, are you?
Anyone would know who is or is not viable. How do “they” get away with declaring otherwise? That would require the electorate to vote in someone who vowed to go after his political enemies. Do you really think a majority of Americans would want that kind of person?

Not too long ago Democrats had superdelegates which highly influenced who the nominee would be. Then after a lot of flack about that they changed the system so primary voters had more say. Now you're saying that they should go backwards to the party picking the nominee and to hell with the voters?
When did I say that?

I want to clarify that consensus and compromise are different. Compromise is the kind of status quo horse trading we've put up with for a hundred years. It's one side letting the other do the shitty things they want to do, that will piss off half the country, in exchange for the opportunity to their own shitty things, that will piss off half the country.

Consensus is, in many ways, the opposite. It's more about what we don't do. In particular, we don't do shitty things that will piss off half the country. If we can't agree on what government should do about a problem, then government doesn't do anything about that problem. We'll have to solve it another way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back