Crazy Talk

Would you vote for a consensus candidate?

• No way, my way or the highway.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • If the candidate was otherwise qualified and believable, yes.

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
unless you live in fantasy land there will never be anything we all agree on,
There are lots of things we all agree on, or at least don't object to vehemently. Lots of laws that are accepted by pretty much everyone. But when we don't, government should not intervene.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I think that a concensus candidate would support -

An abortion limit of 15 weeks except for incest or danger to the LIFE of the mother.

A closed and secure border, all borders, including the border jumpers who enter our society through overstayed visas.

English as our National Language.

You with me?
No. You're completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with specific policies.

There are lots of things we all agree on, or at least don't object to vehemently. Lots of laws that are accepted by pretty much everyone. But when we don't, government should not intervene.
that would apply if we were a democracy,, but we are not a democracy and its the governments job to make laws that abide by the constitution,,

• Thanks
that would apply if we were a democracy,, but we are not a democracy and its the governments job to make laws that abide by the constitution,,

Yep. Federal laws require a super majority, and that's the way it should be. 95% of government should be State and local. That's why Democrats are having so much trouble controlling us with 49% of the vote

have you met all politicians to give an educated comment that they all suck??

because I havent,,
Likewise, you nor I have met few, if ANY, members of Congress.
That doesn't stop you nor I to say and believe that Biden Sucks or Cruz Sucks.

Is it important to you that people agree with that?
It's important to acknowledge the truth and not spread lies.

1). Do you want the truth in the biden investigations?
2). Do you just assume biden is a criminal and part of a 'Crime Family'?
3). Can the same be said about your 'feelings' on the trump investigations and the "trump Crime Family" ?

Yep. Federal laws require a super majority, and that's the way it should be. 95% of government should be State and local. That's why Democrats are having so much trouble controlling us with 49% of the vote
If I had my druthers, all legislation would require a two-thirds majority to pass, and a simple majority to repeal.

• Winner

3). Can the same be said about your 'feelings' on the trump investigations and the "trump Crime Family" ?

Can you not answer the question?

cruz has done some things I dont agree with but he is far from sucking,,

That's only for the tiny number of Constitutional Federal laws. Want to create a law that changes the Constitution? That's 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4, a super majority
it takes a lot more than that to change the constitution,, and you dont pass a law to change the constitution,, that requires a long series of events,,

The OP is mostly describing someone who everyone loves, like Santa Claus -

Except that he was not born in the US and the Jews and The Muslims would object.

So, back to the drawing board.

Forum List

Back