COVID19 rebound will ruin American sports industry for rest of year. Blame Trump and his nitwits.

What is the death rate in the United States of the Wuhan Virus again?

According to Trump the death rate is irrelevant since had he not acted 2.2 million Americans would have become dead.

from the White House.

Dying on Airplanes

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing

Issued on: April 1, 2020

THE PRESIDENT: It says 100- to 200,000. Anything — it’s a lot of people, right? It’s a lot of people.
Well, you didn’t ask the other question. What would have happened — because this is the question that I’ve been asking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx for a long time, and they’ve been working on this for a long time.
The question is: What would have happened if we did nothing? Because there was a group that said, “Let’s just ride it out. Let’s ride it out.” What would have happened? And that number comes in at 1.5 to 1.6 million people, up to 2.2 and even beyond. So that’s 2.2 million people would have died if we did nothing, if we just carried on our life.
Now, I don’t think that would have been possible because you would have had people dying all over the place. This would not have been a normal life. How many people have even seen anybody die? You would have seen people dying on airplanes. You would have been seeing people dying in hotel lobbies. You would’ve seen death all over.

So I think, from a practical standpoint, that couldn’t have been carried out too far. But — but if you — if you did nothing, on the higher side, the number would be 2.2 and maybe even more, and on the lower side, 1.6 million people.

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House

We know Trump says “I don't take responsibility at all,” for most of the things a President is responsible for, but I don’t know how he ducks responsibility for the resurgence in US C19 cases in a majority of states and mostly in Red States.

Trump is in a death spiral in the polls for the past few weeks, but I’m thinking he has seen nothing yet if the current spikes in virus infections bring about devastating news for sports fans that there won’t be any baseball, basketball or football pro or college for another year.,

What do you think? Will this bad news of no sports going into November finish off Trump and Republicans and add another ten points behind Biden and Democrats in the polls?

Trump doesn't control the States if they decide to allow sporting, nor does he decide which leagues will open, and how they will do it.

All he could do is shut down air travel entirely, and even then they could still drive to the sports locations, unless you are saying he has the power to ban interstate travel.
FU Marty. NZ has stadiums open. Trump closed it down and then opened it up and now blames Governors, and that's why he sucks worse than his whores in the polls.
Blame the governors allowing BLM protests and month long rioting.

Sure Gin, there was no ucontrolled pandemic till the protests. And have another drink

"When you do testing to that extent, you're gonna find more people - you're gonna find more cases. So I said to my people SLOW THE TESTING DOWN PLEASE."

- Dumbass

We know Trump says “I don't take responsibility at all,” for most of the things a President is responsible for, but I don’t know how he ducks responsibility for the resurgence in US C19 cases in a majority of states and mostly in Red States.

Trump is in a death spiral in the polls for the past few weeks, but I’m thinking he has seen nothing yet if the current spikes in virus infections bring about devastating news for sports fans that there won’t be any baseball, basketball or football pro or college for another year.,

What do you think? Will this bad news of no sports going into November finish off Trump and Republicans and add another ten points behind Biden and Democrats in the polls?

You sure did take a whopping big bite of that nothing burger. Care to wash it down with a tall glass of Hydroxychloroquine?

You could also say the reverse, if every one had followed the stay safe rules from the start we would not have had to lock down at all except for the March hot spots. What ever we are doing its not working.
Well, we were fucked once Trump did nothing in Jan and Feb except disparage testing and say the virus was a hoax that would "beautifully" disappear.
Well if only he had not listened to the Chinese and WHO when they claimed that no human to human transmission. That it was due to a wet market. How may Americans were in a wet market in Wuhan? If only we had known the true numbers of those who got it, but China closed down flights in but did not stop flights out. Any decent country would have shut down flights out if they were not planing infecting other countries.

But we can sure applaude democrats for doing their best to up the number of dead. Walking downtown telling people come join. Calling Trump xenophobic for trying to stop air travel. Putting virus positive people into old folks homes. Being forced to shut down schools. Rioting and looting with no mitigation in place.

didn't have to be this way if we'd have had a competent potus.

Still, sports are pretty meaningless in comparison to the possibility that half a million will die by election day

Covid deaths recently came in at 10% of the peak.

What are you blithering about now ?

All this could have been avoided if the idiots in this country weren't so fucking stupid.

I would agree.

The Cuomoviris would have been a lot less devastating had people in the NorthEast paid attention.

Covid deaths recently came in at 10% of the peak.

What are you blithering about now ?

I’m asking about the fact that half the states are are Seeing cases going up not down and I believe the sports most all love will not be played - because of rightwing stupidity.

Uh, if you fuckers hadn't been so stupid in the N.E. we would not be dealing with this issue.

You want to blame someone for sports problems....look in the mirror. You've been exporting your little friend since day one.

All this could have been avoided if the idiots in this country weren't so fucking stupid.
it would be over by now, if everyone got together, except the infirm and elderly and got the virus, built up their antibodies, and then 2 weeks later be over it. We are just seeing the slow spread of misery and poverty the left loves to force upon everyone, by slowly dripping the virus throughout the country. Thanks to Governor Cujo from NY, he just decided it was okay to murder all those elderly "folks" because they werent his parents....

So as a typical Trump voter you would risk killing a lot of people getting millions infected on purpose but as of April this year no scientist was of an opinion that your mass murder plan would work.

“There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.”

That’s probably why sane and intelligent and moral people reject your stupid idea
Risk of killing millions? Try talking to your NY governor. As for those of US in Floor E Da, we know how to protect our elderly by NOT putting Kung Flu infected people in with them. You liberals are such dumbass people...

FU Marty. NZ has stadiums open.
You're actually going to compare an island, with a fraction of our population and geographical barriers to keep everyone out, with the United States? And what's going to happen once New Zealand opens themselves up to the world again? The only way they are going to keep COVID eradicated from their country is to not allow any outsiders into the country until an effective treatment or vaccine is found, which may be never.

So as a typical Trump voter you would risk killing a lot of people getting millions infected on purpose but as of April this year no scientist was of an opinion that your mass murder plan would work.

“There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.”

That’s probably why sane and intelligent and moral people reject your stupid idea

So why don't you tell us your ideas.

FU Marty. NZ has stadiums open.
You're actually going to compare an island, with a fraction of our population and geographical barriers to keep everyone out, with the United States? And what's going to happen once New Zealand opens themselves up to the world again? The only way they are going to keep COVID eradicated from their country is to not allow any outsiders into the country until an effective treatment or vaccine is found, which may be never.

Oh, listen to the stupid shits whine and piss over islands that did well.

Especially Taiwan...which had the SARS experience.

it would be over by now, if everyone got together, except the infirm and elderly and got the virus, built up their antibodies, and then 2 weeks later be over it. We are just seeing the slow spread of misery and poverty the left loves to force upon everyone, by slowly dripping the virus throughout the country. Thanks to Governor Cujo from NY, he just decided it was okay to murder all those elderly "folks" because they werent his parents....

You actually went to the WHO to get an opinion? Man are you fucking desperate....

Forum List

Back