COVID patients overwhelm Texas hospitals, amid 'hair on fire' crisis

Define many? They say the number is low. Much lower than unvaccinated. But you don't believe the numbers. So you want it both ways. Won't accept the numbers, and insist that MANY vaccinated are dying.

How many is many? You're an idiot. Please show me the pro vaccine person who was running around telling people to get vaccinated and social distance who is now dying after getting 2 shots. You can't. But every day we show you unvaccinated retards dying. Fine. You're right. You do you. I love it. It'll make winning the midterms that much easier.

Funny now it's "many". Before you guys said VERY FEW people were dying from covid. Now, I agree with you that many people are dying of covid. We finally agree on that. But now you want to say MANY vaccinated people are dying when you know the number is very low. Much lower than unvaccinated Republicans and black people. You are who's dying

The most current article with numbers that I can find are from an article dated August 10th.

As of August 10th more than 166 million people had been fully vaccinated.

Of those 166 million vaccinated people, 7101 of them ended up in the hospital with the disease.

Of that 166 million vaccinated people, 1507 people have died from the virus.

So out of 664,259 deaths of the virus in America, 1507 of them were fully vaccinated.

That works out to out of 664,259 covid deaths, 662,752 were people or over 99% who weren't vaccinated.

.00226% of the 664,259 covid deaths were people who were vaccinated.

I'll take those odds.

Prove it you Texas-sized douchnozzle.
That is just jealousy talking. Texas is a wonderful place where more than 20 million free people live, work, and give help to not only each other but to this nation as well. And those of us who were lucky enough to be born and raised in the Friendship state love our families, neighbors, and friends. Enjoy your week on my ignore list for verbal malice against 22 million people who grew up in a place where people were good to us for life.

The most current article with numbers that I can find are from an article dated August 10th.

Of those 166 million vaccinated people, 7101 of them ended up in the hospital with the disease.

So out of 664,259 deaths of the virus in America, 1507 of them were fully vaccinated.

That works out to out of 664,259 covid deaths, 662,752 were people or over 99% who weren't vaccinated.

I'll take those odds.

Pffft, go back and bring forth all who have had the virus, and yes got over it naturally before you go coming up with your leftist formula's that suggest these limited numbers or categories you project are a deciding factor in it all. The science includes all evidence in order to assess the entire situation, and it is needed in order to formulate a plan that fits all in order to beat the thing or limit it's affect against valuable resources that are needed not just here, but in the world as well. Why use up resource's that could be directed as would be needed here and in the world? Without actual evidence constantly being brought to us that support's the claim's of the left, then it's going to be seen for what it is "political theater".

I'll take those odds.

So get the jab and stop flapping your arms, loon

You're protected....right? Lol

Well...looks like Texas is having a 'Texas-sized' relapse--of note in this article is that almost all who are in ICU's...almost all who are dying, are unvaccinated.

COVID patients overwhelm Texas hospitals, amid 'hair on fire' crisis
Hospitals across the state of Texas are once again finding themselves buckling under the pressures of an overwhelmed health system, with an average of more than 1,700 patients a day currently streaming into emergency rooms across the state.
"I feel like the surge came on quicker than we were expecting," Dr. Lindsay Sonstein, a general medicine physician at the University of Texas Medical Branch's Jennie Sealy Hospital, told ABC News. "All of a sudden, it's exponential rise again in the middle of the summer."
Nationwide, more than 100,000 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19. About 14,000 of those patients are in Texas -- the highest number of patients receiving care on record. And statewide, nearly 94% of intensive care unit beds are currently in use by COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients.
At Jennie Sealy Hospital in Galveston, Texas, front-line workers told ABC News that at times, they feel "hopeless" amid this latest surge, particularly given the fact that among those with the virus currently being treated in the ICU, all but one patient, who is immunocompromised, are unvaccinated.
"There are many patients that are not doing well," said Dr. Shawn Nishi, an associate professor of critical care medicine at UTMB. "It's very chaotic, because these patients are very unpredictable. At one moment they look great and the next moment, they're dying. ... It is a 'hair on fire' time in the ICUs."
About two-thirds of the hospital's ICU patients are COVID-19 positive, she added, with nearly all of them on ventilators.
Nishi acknowledged that caring for COVID-19 patients for over a year and a half has been an incredibly difficult burden to bear for the health care workers, and it is now rendered even more stressful by the increasing number of younger patients. The staff is "emotionally spent" she said.
MORE: Front-line workers in Nevada say they are 'reliving 2020' as new infections surge to highest point in 5 months
"You will see the nurses' faces. They are the heart and soul of this institution, but a little bit of them is dying with every patient," Nishi said. "Half the COVID-19 patients right now are younger than I am. ... That's never, ever happened in my career. Now, I'm not that old, so that will tell you the average age of our patient is very, very young. We're not used to taking care of that population -- emotionally, physically."
Many of the hospital's patients are so extremely sick that they are on ventilators and unable to communicate, said Yolanda Leyva, the hospital's program manager for ECMO, a device used for cardiac and respiratory support. A significant number will not make it, she said.
"This is real. And I say every day I wish those people could take a walk through these units, and see what these patients are going through," Leyva said, referring to the unvaccinated.
Leyva admitted her frustration with the rampant misinformation about vaccines, urging people to stop reading what is on social media, and instead seek answers from their doctors. "I mean, I feel bad that they died, but they put themselves in that situation," she said.
There are 678 patients waiting for a bed across southeast Texas, with more than 4,000 patients hospitalized across the region, compared to just 138 patients in ICUs with COVID-19 at the beginning of July, according to the Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council.
You STUPID LEFTIST FUCK ....

No one is buying your Marxist Propaganda except for STUPID LEFTIST FUCKS like you ...

Here is proof you Republicans are being lied to

Why, you ask, are people taking a medicine meant for horses and cows? Because some irresponsible Republican elected officials and conservative media have spent months touting ivermectin as an effective treatment for Covid-19.

Because ivermectin is known to have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Which is why it’s used against Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, and Zika, which are also RNA viruses.

Pfiser’s new daily COVID pill is just a proteaze inhibitor similar to what’s in ivermectin. The problem with Ivermectin isn’t that it doesn’t have any benefit against COVID it’s that it‘s old medicine so no patent and little money for big pharma.

Last edited:
Because ivermectin is known to have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Which is why it’s used against Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, and Zika, which are also RNA viruses.

Pfiser’s new daily COVID pill is just a proteaze inhibitor similar to what’s in ivermectin. The problem with Ivermectin isn’t that it doesn’t have any benefit against COVID it’s that it‘s old medicine so no patent and little money for big pharma.
Interesting.

I'll take those odds.

For every 500 Americans, 1 has died of Covid. That's a lot. I know Republicans will say that percentage is low but god damn.

For every 500 Americans, 1 has died of Covid. That's a lot. I know Republicans will say that percentage is low but god damn.

It doesn't have to be that way.

People don't have to get the virus and die.

Two simple shots will prevent it.

It doesn't have to be that way.

People don't have to get the virus and die.

Two simple shots will prevent it.
And the same people who refuse the shot, when they get sick, will go to the ER and then they will let the Doctors stick them with any shot they want. They won't care then if it's FDA approved. They won't distrust doctors then.

Weird how the OP hasn’t started a thread about New York’s WuFlu rates going up 200% since July:

The very first sentence in your link: As the more contagious delta variant continues to spread, particularly among unvaccinated New Yorkers, Dr. Eric Wei says the public hospital system is bracing for another surge in COVID-19 infections.

Fake news.

Gabe Lackmann and his propagandists have committed a base rate fallacy.

If 100 percent of Great Britain was vaccinated, then obviously 100 percent of the people who died from Covid would be vaccinated. But the right wing propaganda sites would commit a lie of omission and report only the second half of that statement.

"EVERYONE DYING FROM COVID WAS VACCINATED! ZOMG!" They would then lead the rubes to conclude the vaccine is useless, and possibly causing the deaths.

It so happens Great Britain has a 90 percent vaccination rate.

Once a high percentage of vaccinations occur, it is important to report on the rate of deaths. If the rate of deaths declines, then that speaks of the efficacy of the vaccination.

But the propagandists won't do that. It would obliterate their false narrative.

1631734056858.png

You fuckers are dead meat.

The very first sentence in your link: As the more contagious delta variant continues to spread, particularly among unvaccinated New Yorkers, Dr. Eric Wei says the public hospital system is bracing for another surge in COVID-19 infections.
So what is the death rate of those unvaccinated who got infected?

Forum List

Back