Covid arc is a preview of the inevitable climate disaster

What we are witnessing as the covid story arc unfolds is an expedited preview of the inevitable climate disaster.

Recapping the Covid arc you saw immediate denial of urgency from conservatives followed by the mocking of the measures needed for containment as extreme, economically disastrous, and politically motivated science. Eventually, in the face of overwhelming death some conservatives have slowly, and begrudgingly acquiesced to wearing masks, limiting large gatherings, sacrificing some liberties, and even to some restrictions around business. The result will be 200,000+ deaths, many of them avoidable with earlier actions.

Fast forward to the climate debate where conservatives again are in a position of denying any, and all, urgency accompanied with the mocking of measures needed for mitigation as extreme, economically disastrous, and politically motivated science.

We will see a repeat of the covid arc occur in the climate debate. It will be slower, more subtle, and more deadly. It will likely be too late in the climate debate cycle before conservatives come to the inevitable conclusion that our only home in the universe will kill us if we don’t start mitigating climate change.

Questions:

1. What is the psychology of the conservative movement which prohibits reacting to life saving stimuli?

2. How can we progressives proactively motivate conservatives to avoid the covid arc from reoccurring with the climate?
There are always going to be stupid people. Hopefully most will die off still in denial. Conservatives by nature have a hard time adapting to change. It makes them irrational and angry.
You're the one hiding under your bed. I am donating my plasma to save lives.

1. What is the psychology of the conservative movement which prohibits reacting to life-saving stimuli?

There are two types of 'life-saving stimuli': One is naturally the measures taken to mitigate the virus, the other is a job, earning money to sustain oneself and one's family.

The psychological breakdown of the left's reaction to this crisis is to use one stimulus but not the other. It would be a threat to their power.
While there is always some overreaction to events the right’s response to ignore and willfully mishandle under the pretense it will “go away one day like a miracle” is political malpractice. That’s a 5 year olds response. An adult deals with challenges, not closes their eyes and acts like it disappeared.

My point is that the right ignored and mocked coronavirus and it turned into a pandemic. They are ignoring climate too and it will turn into a climate disaster. Just sayin’.
If Biden wins, the epidemic will be over with over night.

What we are witnessing as the covid story arc unfolds is an expedited preview of the inevitable climate disaster.

Recapping the Covid arc you saw immediate denial of urgency from conservatives followed by the mocking of the measures needed for containment as extreme, economically disastrous, and politically motivated science. Eventually, in the face of overwhelming death some conservatives have slowly, and begrudgingly acquiesced to wearing masks, limiting large gatherings, sacrificing some liberties, and even to some restrictions around business. The result will be 200,000+ deaths, many of them avoidable with earlier actions.

Fast forward to the climate debate where conservatives again are in a position of denying any, and all, urgency accompanied with the mocking of measures needed for mitigation as extreme, economically disastrous, and politically motivated science.

We will see a repeat of the covid arc occur in the climate debate. It will be slower, more subtle, and more deadly. It will likely be too late in the climate debate cycle before conservatives come to the inevitable conclusion that our only home in the universe will kill us if we don’t start mitigating climate change.

Questions:

1. What is the psychology of the conservative movement which prohibits reacting to life saving stimuli?

2. How can we progressives proactively motivate conservatives to avoid the covid arc from reoccurring with the climate?
There are always going to be stupid people. Hopefully most will die off still in denial. Conservatives by nature have a hard time adapting to change. It makes them irrational and angry.

defiler----what did your antibody test show? I believe I was infected in Mid-january and my plasma could be useful-----but I am on multiple meds----so not sure if
it can be used--------uhm---you got antibodies--IgG?
IgM?

Questions:

defiler----what did your antibody test show? I believe I was infected in Mid-january and my plasma could be useful-----but I am on multiple meds----so not sure if
it can be used--------uhm---you got antibodies--IgG?
IgM?
I have no idea, didn't see the results. I tested positive back in early April. I tested negative earlier this month and had the antibodies test as it was for a minor procedure on my knee. I should probably ask?

Here is what happened when I was approved via the screening process:

Thank you for your participation in the American Red Cross's COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma Program. You have successfully completed all program pre-screening and now have an appointment to donate COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma. Your donation will provide hope to patients battling this illness and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Please bring this email to your appointment either as a print out or on your phone as proof of completed COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma pre-screening. When you arrive at your appointment, Red Cross staff will conduct standard health history and blood donation eligibility screening.

Questions:

Until there is either a reliable vaccine or an acceptable level of herd immunity, COVID isn't going away and our response to it makes little difference

Questions:

What is the psychology of the democrat party to exploit fake science to increase it's power over other people?
I'm sure it's just coincidence that the Democratic Party's response to crises is always "Do things that keep and expand Democrat power".

My point is that the right ignored and mocked coronavirus and it turned into a pandemic.

Curious, you act as if the virus is intelligent, that it can be commanded to act based on the behavior of people you disagree with.

Right.

The #CoronaHoax2020 virus is so sophisticated that it knows to spread like crazy at church services, or places of productive employment; but it doesn't spread at #BlackLiesMatter riots.
You can hold outdoor service. Go ahead.
Can you explain why Democrat mayors' and governors' restrictions of gatherings always excludes protests?

Trick question. I know you can't offer an explanation.

My point is that the right ignored and mocked coronavirus and it turned into a pandemic.

Curious, you act as if the virus is intelligent, that it can be commanded to act based on the behavior of people you disagree with.

Right.

The #CoronaHoax2020 virus is so sophisticated that it knows to spread like crazy at church services, or places of productive employment; but it doesn't spread at #BlackLiesMatter riots.
Can you explain why Democrat mayors' and governors' restrictions of gatherings always excludes protests?

Beaches are open. Parks are open. Streets are open. Protest there. You can’t protest in a gym or in a movie theater... cuz they’re closed dummy.

Right.

Beaches are open. Parks are open. Streets are open. Protest there. You can’t protest in a gym or in a movie theater... cuz they’re closed dummy.
You didn't answer the question, moron.

Questions:

What is the psychology of the democrat party to exploit fake science to increase it's power over other people?
I'm sure it's just coincidence that the Democratic Party's response to crises is always "Do things that keep and expand Democrat power".
No one has more power than those darn climate scientists. The poor oil companies however... they are basically humanitarians in disguise.

6816B7F2-1B0E-4768-B9A2-09A7291B363D.png

Questions:

How can we ?

Conservative don't abort

Questions:

DNC horseshit. Why don't you post some actual facts and logic for a change? Oh yeah . . . . . you can't. That would require the ability to commit logic.

Questions:

How can we ?

Conservative don't abort
You aborted this posts. :omg:

Questions:

How can we ?

Conservative don't abort
Is that a challenge meth head Joe to go down to your level?

I'm still mocking it........while your side kills off the elderly in nursing homes.......which the Flu can do already..........The HOSPITALS are cashing in by calling everything they can COVID..............

Your side is COOKING THE DAMNED BOOKS AGAIN.

You can’t protest in a gym or in a movie theater... cuz they’re closed dummy.
They are out of business in many cases.......there fixed it for you............You happy now fucking Small Businesses in the ass without vasoline again...................Well hell you are the party of perverts and Murderers............BLM .......BURN ........LOOT .......MURDER.......

NICE JOB ASSHOLE.

Right.

Goodness, but you're an idiot.
Judge Rules New York May Not Enforce Double-Standard Restrictions On Religious Gatherings
At the end of May, Cuomo issued another executive order that allowed businesses on a list of “Phase Two” non-essential businesses to open, including retail shops, hair salons, professional services, real estate offices, car dealerships, and information technology companies. These businesses were welcome to operate at 50 percent capacity, according to guidance from the governor’s office.

Another week passed before Cuomo addressed houses of worship. On June 6, he permitted religious gatherings under Phase Two, but restricted them to 25 percent capacity, half that of stores and barbershops.

At the same time, Cuomo and de Blasio have encouraged the mass protests sweeping New York in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Answering a question about whether protests should be discouraged, Cuomo said, “No, I think you can protest…you can do many things now as long as you’re smart about it.” A few minutes later, he thanked protesters for their actions.

De Blasio went further, even speaking at a George Floyd protest without a mask. When asked about the plight of religious congregants who have been banned from gathering, he insisted “that is not the same question.”​
Protests vs. other group gatherings: Beshear says 'we all have our part to do'

FRANKFORT, Ky. —
Some in Kentucky have questioned why leaders allow protests to continue while restrictions are in place on large gatherings due to COVID-19.

Gov. Andy Beshear was asked that question during his briefing Monday, ultimately saying that he's calling on people to "do the right thing."

The governor acknowledged that protests inherently draw larger crowds than what the state is currently allowing under its COVID-19 restrictions.

Beshear didn't give a straight answer, but said that many of the people participating in the protests are wearing masks and spreading out.​
Even Fauci refuses to condemn gatherings of protesters.

Jim Jordan tries and fails to get Fauci to say protesters should be arrested for gathering during pandemic
Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, appeared before Congress on Friday for a hearing on the federal government's coronavirus response. That's where Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who's been skeptical of restrictions meant to stem the virus' spread, tried to get Fauci to distinguish between protests against racism in the U.S. and bans on businesses reopening amid the pandemic.

Because science indicates crowds exacerbate the spread of coronavirus, Jordan asked Fauci on Friday if the government "should limit the protests." "I'm not in a position to determine what the government should do in a forceful way," Fauci responded. So Jordan kept pressing: "The government is stopping people from going to church," claiming that's something "the five liberals" on the Supreme Court had decided. But Fauci continued holding out, saying he does not "judge one crowd versus another crowd" and would not "opine on who should get arrested or not. That's not my position."

Jordan then went so far as to claim Fauci had said "protests increase the spread" of coronavirus. "I said crowds, I didn't say specifically, I didn't say protests or anything, " Fauci firmly responded. "You're putting words in my mouth," Fauci continued before saying he had no data showing the nationwide protests had spread the virus.​

Questions:

How can we ?

Conservative don't abort
Is that a challenge meth head Joe to go down to your level?
I thought it was hilarious you typed “conservatives don’t abort” then you aborted the thought before having a period... a period placed at the end... or finished your thought. Classic.
I'm still mocking it........while your side kills off the elderly in nursing homes.......which the Flu can do already..........The HOSPITALS are cashing in by calling everything they can COVID..............

Your side is COOKING THE DAMNED BOOKS AGAIN.
215DCEDD-9AF2-4036-8CDC-C0CD287BDC54.gif

Questions:

No one has more power than those darn climate scientists. The poor oil companies however... they are basically humanitarians in disguise.

View attachment 371268
Funny how you clowns always screech FOLLOW THE MONEY!!...but you don't want to look at the money on your side.

Follow the (Climate Change) Money
Shortly after the latest Chicken Little climate change report was published last month, I noted on CNN that one reason so many hundreds of scientists are persuaded that the sky is falling is that they are paid handsomely to do so.​
I noted that “In America and around the globe governments have created a multi-billion dollar Climate Change Industrial Complex.” And then I added: “A lot of people are getting really, really rich off of the climate change industry.” According to a recent report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, “Federal funding for climate change research, technology, international assistance, and adaptation has increased from $2.4 billion in 1993 to $11.6 billion in 2014, with an additional $26.1 billion for climate change programs and activities provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009.”​
...​
How big is the Climate Change Industrial Complex today? Surprisingly, no one seems to be keeping track of all the channels of funding. A few years ago Forbes magazine went through the federal budget and estimated about $150 billion in spending on climate change and green energy subsidies during President Obama’s first term.​
That didn’t include the tax subsidies that provide a 30 percent tax credit for wind and solar power — so add to those numbers about $8 billion to $10 billion a year. Then add billions more in costs attributable to the 29 states with renewable energy mandates that require utilities to buy expensive “green” energy.​
Worldwide the numbers are gargantuan. Five years ago, a leftist group called the Climate Policy Initiative issued a study which found that “Global investment in climate change” reached $359 billion that year. Then to give you a sense of how money-hungry these planet-saviors are, the CPI moaned that this spending “falls far short of what’s needed” a number estimated at $5 trillion.​
For $5 trillion we could feed everyone on the planet, end malaria, and provide clean water and reliable electricity to every remote village in Africa. And we would probably have enough money left over to find a cure for cancer and Alzheimers.​
The entire Apollo project to put a man on the moon cost less than $200 billion. We are spending twice that much every year on climate change.​
This tsunami of government money distorts science in hidden ways that even the scientists who are corrupted often don’t appreciate. If you are a young eager-beaver researcher who decides to devote your life to the study of global warming, you’re probably not going to do your career any good or get famous by publishing research that the crisis isn’t happening.​
But if you’ve built bogus models that predict the crisis is getting worse by the day, then step right up and get a multimillion dollar grant.​
Now here’s the real scandal of the near trillion dollars that governments have stolen from taxpayers to fund climate change hysteria and research. By the industry’s own admission there has been almost no progress worldwide in actually combatting climate change. The latest reports by the U.S. government and the United Nations say the problem is getting worse not better and we have not delayed the apocalypse by a single day.​
We could do a lot of good with that money.

But you don't want to do good.

Forum List

Back