Covid-19 will re-elect Trump

Here's what I m seeing. Trump's handling of the virus crisis has been quick and decisive. His political-outsider status has positioned him well to tackle the plague head on. He is leading the world in how to stop the pathogen in its tracks. It isn't just the US that is watching Trump, it is the world and he has taken charge in a way that make his detractors look like deranged, salivating schizophrenics on street corners.

As always, Trump has accepted the challenge at hand by pulling the sword from the stone. No one else could have done this. Lesser leadership would have already retreated into excuses and failed outright. There are no world-renowned health experts leaking criticisms of Trump but instead they are supportive of his policies.

2020 belongs to Trump.

You could have put a hamster in Trump's place and it would have done a better job than he did in responding to the virus. I'm hard pressed to come up with more ways that he and his administration could have fucked the response up any more than they did. But he has his loyal apologists. I gotta hand it to you Trump supporters. You make the People's Temple followers and the Branch Davidians look sane by comparison.

His overall job approval numbers haven't moved very much in the last couple of months. The Real Clear Politics spread is about 52% disapproval to 44% approval. But here's the section you have to pay attention to. Wisconsin, statistical tie where just three months ago he was up by 3 percentage points. Underwater in Pennsylvania and Michigan (which doesn't appear on the chart because right now it's out of the margin of error). Florida and perhaps even Texas within reach.
upload_2020-3-21_13-36-26.png

Sorry, his re-election is not even remotely assured. And I'd wait until after the shit settles over the next couple of months when the American people start looking to apportion blame for the clusterfuck that ended up shutting down the nation. I wonder who they're going to look at first to blame? I'll give you three guesses, and the first two are wrong.:)

Once again the democrat "hoax" of the day (Trump is mishandling the response to COVID-19) backfires on them.
Whenever they try to blame Trump for:
1. Lack of testing capacity

NR Coronavirus Update: U.S. Ramps Up Testing Capacity as Cases Grow in New York, California, Washington | National Review

2. Firing the pandemic response team
PolitiFact - Celebrities are sharing a misleading post about Trump’s response to coronavirus

3. Lack of urgency addressing the pandemic, democrat governors disagree

California's Democrat governor praises Trump's response to Coronavirus on cruise ship
New York governor praises "very creative" Trump on coronavirus response as president sends ship to serve as floating hospital

No wonder Trump's approval is way over 50%. Its about time.

1. The lack of testing capacity was not a hoax, it is still a problem. Read up on what South Korea did when they got wind of the virus coming, which was about the same time we did. They mobilized industry to make testing kits, and thus they were able to see where the virus was and only lock down specific regions. We still do not have enough kits in some areas and it takes too long to get the results in many cases.

as for Trump's approval rating...

View attachment 313864
Apples and submarines....South Korea has 15% the population of the US, and has a land mass less than that of Arizona.

And yet they have the ability to mass produce test kits and test more than 20,000 people per day...why can we not do that?
There's still no comparison...And we totally have the ability to ramp up that kind of production on such short notice, were it not for the stifling protection racket known as the FDA.

Yes, we have the ability, but we did not do it. We did not even start to push for it till more than a month after SK did.

Like it or not, the response was slow, to put it mildly.

Your Trump Devotion Syndrome is starting to peek through again.
As an alleged libertarian (which you're clearly not) you would know what a total tyrannical protection racket the FDA is.....Nobody -BUT NOBODY- in the pharm industry is going to lift a finger until those despots approve.

What do yo do if you're a pharm CEO who knows the fate which befalls him, should he run afoul of those dictatorial bureaucrats?

And you can take that "Trump Devotion Syndrome" shit and stuff it up you poseur ass.

1. The lack of testing capacity is a solved problem for the US. So you need a new talking point.
Diagnostic Makers Vow To Produce Millions Of COVID-19 Tests In U.S.

It has not been solved as they have not produced them yet, just promised to. But more to my point, producing them now is 2 months too late. If they had done this in Jan then we could have had mass testing and would not have needed to shut the whole fucking country down.

But you are not allowed to say anything that might be a negative towards your god, even though this is not, you will never be able to admit we are miles behind the curve when it comes to testing.

1. The US test capacity is not a problem now.
2. The US test capacity was not a problem in January either.
3. We could not test 331m Americans in January, that's just fantasy, a bullshit talking point. You really need to do better. Even in the EU they only test those with symptoms. In January we had enough capacity to test those with symptoms.
4. We are not shutting the whole country down, just about half.
5. The US is miles ahead of the curve, especially compared to the EU. The EU has 7x more infections than the US because Trump stopped the China flights and gave the US time to develop tests and prepare for the peak of the pandemic.
6. Pence just said that we are at day-6 of 15 crucial days to see how bad the pandemic hits the US. If we all do our jobs and flatten the bell curve, that will keep the sick within the capacity of the hospitals.
7. Here is a homemade Excel plot of the cases for the US vs the EU (~331m). The EU is doing much worse so far, I'm hoping my optimistic projections are close. How high will the US peak go? That remains to be seen, so far so good. Thank you President Trump.

View attachment 313882

1. Yes, it is. We still cannot test everyone that the hospitals want tested. We lack test kits for doing so.
2. Yes, it was a huge problem. It put us behind and it allowed those that were sick to keep moving around.
3. You do not need to test 331M, you need to test those with symptoms. But we could not do that.
4. Which is the direct result of not having enough testing.
5. No we are not, we have no idea how many are sick, your numbers are based on a lack of testing
6. Pence is a moron, why do you or I care what he says?
7. Your data is faulty as we have no clue how many are sick in this country. GIGO

1. The lack of testing capacity was not a hoax, it is still a problem. Read up on what South Korea did when they got wind of the virus coming, which was about the same time we did. They mobilized industry to make testing kits, and thus they were able to see where the virus was and only lock down specific regions. We still do not have enough kits in some areas and it takes too long to get the results in many cases.

as for Trump's approval rating...

View attachment 313864
Apples and submarines....South Korea has 15% the population of the US, and has a land mass less than that of Arizona.

And yet they have the ability to mass produce test kits and test more than 20,000 people per day...why can we not do that?
There's still no comparison...And we totally have the ability to ramp up that kind of production on such short notice, were it not for the stifling protection racket known as the FDA.

Yes, we have the ability, but we did not do it. We did not even start to push for it till more than a month after SK did.

Like it or not, the response was slow, to put it mildly.

Your Trump Devotion Syndrome is starting to peek through again.
As an alleged libertarian (which you're clearly not) you would know what a total tyrannical protection racket the FDA is.....Nobody -BUT NOBODY- in the pharm industry is going to lift a finger until those despots approve.

What do yo do if you're a pharm CEO who knows the fate which befalls him, should he run afoul of those dictatorial bureaucrats?

And you can take that "Trump Devotion Syndrome" shit and stuff it up you poseur ass.

Yes, the FDA is a problem, but as we have seen over the last week or so, the FDA can be made to act quicker on things, how hard would it have been to do so with something an innocuous as a testing kit? Once the shit hit the fan the FDA allowed anyone and their mother to do the testing, why could that not have happened in early Feb?

I once started a thread on another board entitled... “Trump will be our next president”.
That thread got a lot responses and I was eventually banned. :)

This will all pass in a few weeks.

Dimms who like people to suffer will have a short term of glee.
Your every post lowers both my estimate of your character and the general atmosphere of the board.

Admit it, you are open to any bad thing happening to t(is nation as long as Trump loses to Biden.
How low can you go?
That’s a good question for any democrat.
Do you think the dimwit I was asking is a Democrat?

If so you sadly confused.

Here's what I m seeing. Trump's handling of the virus crisis has been quick and decisive. His political-outsider status has positioned him well to tackle the plague head on. He is leading the world in how to stop the pathogen in its tracks. It isn't just the US that is watching Trump, it is the world and he has taken charge in a way that make his detractors look like deranged, salivating schizophrenics on street corners.

As always, Trump has accepted the challenge at hand by pulling the sword from the stone. No one else could have done this. Lesser leadership would have already retreated into excuses and failed outright. There are no world-renowned health experts leaking criticisms of Trump but instead they are supportive of his policies.

2020 belongs to Trump.

There was little chance of Trump winning even before the spread of this virus. Donald Trump is an impeached President. He should have stopped international Travel back in early February when it was clear this was probably going to happen and the United States already had its first cases. But his administration was asleep at the wheel and now the country is on lockdown. The Presidents own advisors predict unemployment will rise to over 20%. This won't be a recession, it will be an economic depression that will rival the one from the 1930s. Trump is way behind when it comes to testing, travel restrictions, social distancing, and stay in place orders. A month to two months behind. That's why we have 20,000 cases now and 276 deaths. Russia, a country that borders china only has 250 cases and one death. Russia closed its borders back in January/February. That's a big part of the reason for the vastly different figures. Trump will be easily defeated in November. His failures have led to the shut down of the largest economy in the world for months and maybe even years. His inaction and downplaying of the problem has unnecessarily risked the lives of millions of Americans.

A pandemic was going to spark an economic downturn. If it looks like America did well, compared to other first world nations, the voters should not, and may not hold the President responsible.

On this specific issue the President should be rated on:

FIRST: # deaths
SECOND: # of cases
THIRD: level of economic downturn

The virus started in China. We had advanced warning. Now the United States has more per capita cases than China! THAT IS A MASSIVE FAILURE!

This is the United States and were getting are asses kicked by third world countries. Unacceptable! Doing better than Italy does not cut it at all! Lets re-elect the President because things are not as bad as Italy? No, no one is going to accept that. THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE PRESIDENT! He will be easily removed in November.

Third world countries are not the centers of massive travel the way First World countries are, especially air travel.

Seems comparing to other similar nations would be more fair.

1. The lack of testing capacity is a solved problem for the US. So you need a new talking point.
Wait. You think because test kit production has increased about two months late it's not a problem? How many thousands of people have been unwittingly spreading the virus due to a lack of test kits? Hard as you try you can't sweep this epic failure of preparedness under the rug. Now, hospitals are on the verge of being overwhelmed with patients just as their personal protective equipment is running out.
We are paying the price for allowing an unfit, unqualified buffoon to run the country's affairs.

1. How many people have been spreading the virus due to a lack of test kits? None. You need symptoms to warrant a test, remember?
2. There is no failure, just a success, as seen by the US infection rate compared to the EU.
3. Hospitals would be much worse off if Trump didn't shutdown flights from China as early as he did. Thank you President Trump.

You think the surrender monkey, who couldn't even get his signature Obamacare website running, would do better against COVID-19. NFW. Please recall BO's shitty record against the swine flu (H1N1):

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were about 60.8 million cases of infection with the novel type of influenza virus in the U.S. between April 2009 and April 2010, with a total of approximately 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths."

Maybe Sleepy Joe could do better??? LOL!!

It has not been solved as they have not produced them yet, just promised to. But more to my point, producing them now is 2 months too late. If they had done this in Jan then we could have had mass testing and would not have needed to shut the whole fucking country down.

But you are not allowed to say anything that might be a negative towards your god, even though this is not, you will never be able to admit we are miles behind the curve when it comes to testing.

3. We could not test 331m Americans in January, that's just fantasy, a bullshit talking point. You really need to do better. Even in the EU they only test those with symptoms. In January we had enough capacity to test those with symptoms.
5. The US is miles ahead of the curve, especially compared to the EU. The EU has 7x more infections than the US because Trump stopped the China flights and gave the US time to develop tests and prepare for the peak of the pandemic.
6. Pence just said that we are at day-6 of 15 crucial days to see how bad the pandemic hits the US. If we all do our jobs and flatten the bell curve, that will keep the sick within the capacity of the hospitals.
7. Here is a homemade Excel plot of the cases for the US vs the EU (~331m). The EU is doing much worse so far, I'm hoping my optimistic projections are close. How high will the US peak go? That remains to be seen, so far so good. Thank you President Trump.

View attachment 313882

1. Yes, it is. We still cannot test everyone that the hospitals want tested. We lack test kits for doing so.
2. Yes, it was a huge problem. It put us behind and it allowed those that were sick to keep moving around.
3. You do not need to test 331M, you need to test those with symptoms. But we could not do that.
5. No we are not, we have no idea how many are sick, your numbers are based on a lack of testing
7. Your data is faulty as we have no clue how many are sick in this country. GIGO

1. We disagree on testing. IMHO there is adequate test capacity in the US.
2. If you showed symptoms you were either tested or quarantined until tested, you were not moving around.
3. We disagree on testing.
4. Shutting the country down is to stop the spread of infections, it is not in lieu of testing.
5. As more test capacity becomes available we will catch up with any who need testing.
6. Pence is a lot smarter than you, and he has the country's leading experts working with him, so I believe his informed opinion more than yours.
7. My data is verified by Johns Hopkins and the CDC, period.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Coronavirus Update (Live): 301,644 Cases and 12,955 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

View attachment 313882

2. If you showed symptoms you were either tested or quarantined until tested, you were not moving around.
4. Shutting the country down is to stop the spread of infections, it is not in lieu of testing.
5. As more test capacity becomes available we will catch up with any who need testing.
6. Pence is a lot smarter than you, and he has the country's leading experts working with him, so I believe his informed opinion more than yours.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 301,644 Cases and 12,955 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

1. Yes, we do.
2. Only if they choose to. There is an example here local of a few that ignored such rules.
3. Yes we do.
4. If we had more widespread testing we could be more targeted in what we shut down.
5. Thanks for admitting we are behind the 8 ball on testing.
6. Actually he is not.
7. Your data is based upon the current testing done, which has been woefully inadequate.

2020 belongs to Trump.

There was little chance of Trump winning even before the spread of this virus. Donald Trump is an impeached President. He should have stopped international Travel back in early February when it was clear this was probably going to happen and the United States already had its first cases. But his administration was asleep at the wheel and now the country is on lockdown. The Presidents own advisors predict unemployment will rise to over 20%. This won't be a recession, it will be an economic depression that will rival the one from the 1930s. Trump is way behind when it comes to testing, travel restrictions, social distancing, and stay in place orders. A month to two months behind. That's why we have 20,000 cases now and 276 deaths. Russia, a country that borders china only has 250 cases and one death. Russia closed its borders back in January/February. That's a big part of the reason for the vastly different figures. Trump will be easily defeated in November. His failures have led to the shut down of the largest economy in the world for months and maybe even years. His inaction and downplaying of the problem has unnecessarily risked the lives of millions of Americans.
Your bullshit has no basis in fact. In fact they are lies. Trump's early stopping of flights from China is saving the US from becoming the EU.
The EU has 15x more infections than the US for comparable populations. Thank you President Trump.

View attachment 313839

Unfortunately, just stopping flights from China does virtually nothing to seal the country from the virus. People fly all over the world and just because they are on a flight coming in from Peru does not mean the people on the plane are safe and none of them are infected or had recently been in China.

Again look at Russia. They closed their borders down. Less than 300 cases and only 1 death compared to U.S. figures of 276 deaths and 20,000 cases. CHINA HAS LESS CASES PER CAPITA THAN THE UNITED STATES! FOR CHINA TO HAVE LESS CASES PER CAPITA THAN THE UNITED STATES WHEN THE VIRUS STARTED THERE IS THE ULTIMATE SIGN OF FAILURE FOR TRUMP!
You mean the simple fact they hid the fact they had an outbreak. The fact they took down the doctor that finally did alert the world. Might not have helped the situation?
Who would have thunk that. Chances are we already had infected people long before we even knew about the virus.

Damn wish we would outfit each president with that crystal ball. Hindsight is always so much clearer.

We are still under the amount of dead in some flu seasons. We still are under the dead from the swine flu. We aren't even equal to an average day of car wrecks.

This is the attitude that got us into this mess. "Its not that bad". There are actions the President could have taken in January and February that would have prevented the mess the United States is in and facing, both in terms of risk to health and safety of the population and the economy. Its Donald Trump that disbanded the National Security Council team set up to deal with pandemics in 2018, which was set up by Barack Obama after the Ebola outbreak in 2014.

It was the President's job to protect the American people from a crises like this and he clearly failed. He had early warning and chances to act, chances to save American lives and protect are economy from this threat and he failed to act. Putin's Russia acted and they only have 250 cases despite having the longest border with China in the world.

Donald Trump clearly failed. At least half of the country wanted to remove him prior to this crises. Now every rational person who is not tied at the hip to a political party will vote to remove him from office.

Unfortunately, just stopping flights from China does virtually nothing to seal the country from the virus. People fly all over the world and just because they are on a flight coming in from Peru does not mean the people on the plane are safe and none of them are infected or had recently been in China.

Again look at Russia. They closed their borders down. Less than 300 cases and only 1 death compared to U.S. figures of 276 deaths and 20,000 cases. CHINA HAS LESS CASES PER CAPITA THAN THE UNITED STATES! FOR CHINA TO HAVE LESS CASES PER CAPITA THAN THE UNITED STATES WHEN THE VIRUS STARTED THERE IS THE ULTIMATE SIGN OF FAILURE FOR TRUMP!
Fewer.

And if it's one thing that we can believe with 100% certainty, it's the absolute truthfulness, transparency, and full disclosure of the Chinese commies! :icon_rolleyes:

Irrelevant. Trump could have locked down the country in February or earlier and prevented this, but he was on cloud 9 claiming it was just a few cases and would soon go away. He dismissed the threat and failed to act. Now the American people and the American economy are suffering as a result.

2020 belongs to Trump.

Your bullshit has no basis in fact. In fact they are lies. Trump's early stopping of flights from China is saving the US from becoming the EU.
The EU has 15x more infections than the US for comparable populations. Thank you President Trump.

View attachment 313839

1. You believe China's numbers? Fucking commie
2. You did not address the fact that the EU has 15x more cases than the US. Thank you President Trump

The fact is, the President could have and should have locked the country down in February. Early February. No work was done in January and February to prepare for the coming pandemic. Trump dismissed the virus and told people it would go away by Spring.

If China's numbers were worse, the world would know. You can't keep an out of control pandemic killing hundreds of people a day and infected thousands a secret.

Look at the numbers for JAPAN! JAPAN currently has 1,046 cases and 36 deaths. Compare that to the United States with 24,137 cases and 288 deaths. Japan only has 8 cases per one million people. The United States has 73 cases per one million people! China is Japan's largest trading partner. Yet despite all its links and closer proximity to China, it was able to isolate itself from the virus better than the United States has done!

2020 belongs to Trump.

View attachment 313839

Dumbass, you have NO idea what's going on over there. It IS however quite instructive that you believe everything the Communists are telling you.

Look at Japan. Japan's largest trading partner is China. Japan is much closer in proximity to China. Yet despite all those links they only have 1,046 cases to our 24,000. The United States should have less cases than Japan given the United States is not as well linked to China that the way Japan is. That should teach the scale of the failure of the Trump administration on this crises.

2020 belongs to Trump.

A pandemic was going to spark an economic downturn. If it looks like America did well, compared to other first world nations, the voters should not, and may not hold the President responsible.

The virus started in China. We had advanced warning. Now the United States has more per capita cases than China! THAT IS A MASSIVE FAILURE!

This is the United States and were getting are asses kicked by third world countries. Unacceptable! Doing better than Italy does not cut it at all! Lets re-elect the President because things are not as bad as Italy? No, no one is going to accept that. THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE PRESIDENT! He will be easily removed in November.

Third world countries are not the centers of massive travel the way First World countries are, especially air travel.

Ok, take Japan. First world country with much stronger links to China than the United States. Japan has only 1,046 cases. The United States has 24,000. If Trump had done his Job, U.S. cases right now would be below, 1,000 and the outbreak would be contained.

2020 belongs to Trump.

View attachment 313839

You mean the simple fact they hid the fact they had an outbreak. The fact they took down the doctor that finally did alert the world. Might not have helped the situation?
Who would have thunk that. Chances are we already had infected people long before we even knew about the virus.

Damn wish we would outfit each president with that crystal ball. Hindsight is always so much clearer.

We are still under the amount of dead in some flu seasons. We still are under the dead from the swine flu. We aren't even equal to an average day of car wrecks.

This is the attitude that got us into this mess. "Its not that bad". There are actions the President could have taken in January and February that would have prevented the mess the United States is in and facing, both in terms of risk to health and safety of the population and the economy. Its Donald Trump that disbanded the National Security Council team set up to deal with pandemics in 2018, which was set up by Barack Obama after the Ebola outbreak in 2014.

It was the President's job to protect the American people from a crises like this and he clearly failed. He had early warning and chances to act, chances to save American lives and protect are economy from this threat and he failed to act. Putin's Russia acted and they only have 250 cases despite having the longest border with China in the world.

Donald Trump clearly failed. At least half of the country wanted to remove him prior to this crises. Now every rational person who is not tied at the hip to a political party will vote to remove him from office.
Talk about failure what about the guy in charge during the swine flu which we are told was not as communicable as this.
While you want to blame Trump you seem to forget he actually shut down travel in January while many were claiming he was over reacting, he was racist.
You try and blame someone but you also fail to blame your own side. You seem to want to pretend that they are somehow blameless. That is far from the truth. The president only has so much power. Unlike Russia that has no problem with Putin taking any measures he wants. Congress puts very fine limits on our president.

View attachment 313882

1. Yes, we do.
2. Only if they choose to. There is an example here local of a few that ignored such rules.
3. Yes we do.
4. If we had more widespread testing we could be more targeted in what we shut down.
5. Thanks for admitting we are behind the 8 ball on testing.
6. Actually he is not.
7. Your data is based upon the current testing done, which has been woefully inadequate.

5. We are not behind any 8-ball. They just approved a 45-minute test. We are millions of tests ahead of the 8-ball
FDA approves new test that could detect coronavirus in about 45 minutes - CNNPolitics

6. Got a link proving you are smarter than Mike Pence? Didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

7. Got another link proving that the current testing is "woefully inadequate"? Didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

2020 belongs to Trump.

Ok, take Japan. First world country with much stronger links to China than the United States. Japan has only 1,046 cases. The United States has 24,000. If Trump had done his Job, U.S. cases right now would be below, 1,000 and the outbreak would be contained.

Yes, take Japan.

30 Most Visited Countries in the World + their most visited places!

24 million visitors a year, vs our 76 million.

Trump, btw, has been has multiple attempts to reduce travel to the US, for years, all fought tooth and nail by people like you.

2020 belongs to Trump.

View attachment 313839

1. You believe China's numbers? Fucking commie
2. You did not address the fact that the EU has 15x more cases than the US. Thank you President Trump

The fact is, the President could have and should have locked the country down in February. Early February. No work was done in January and February to prepare for the coming pandemic. Trump dismissed the virus and told people it would go away by Spring.

If China's numbers were worse, the world would know. You can't keep an out of control pandemic killing hundreds of people a day and infected thousands a secret.

Look at the numbers for JAPAN! JAPAN currently has 1,046 cases and 36 deaths. Compare that to the United States with 24,137 cases and 288 deaths. Japan only has 8 cases per one million people. The United States has 73 cases per one million people! China is Japan's largest trading partner. Yet despite all its links and closer proximity to China, it was able to isolate itself from the virus better than the United States has done!

1. There was no justification to lock the US down in February, that is just stupid.
Trump had the CDC and FDA developing and approving tests for COVID-19 since the CDC could not do the required number of tests.

2. You are an idiot if you believe China's numbers.
Why did they throw all the world health organizations and US out if it was a legitimate disease?

Is COVID-19 A Bioweapon? Five Conspiracy Theories Around Coronavirus That Will Shock You - A Pandemic That Sent Shockwaves

3. Japan is doing well, kudos to them, but they have a much smaller population than the US. Apples to apples multiply the US numbers by 0.38 to compare fairly. Look at South Korea, even with all their tests the US is doing better. The US is doing very well compared to the rest of the world, especially the EU countries.

4. We'll know in about 9-days how the US is doing. Will we have a mild pandemic, or a disaster like Italy.
Trump is still doing way better than Obama did with (H1N1) swine flu, at least so far.

'Between April 12, 2009, and April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates swine flu caused 60.8 million illnesses, 273,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths in the U.S.'
Were you as critical of Obama as Trump?

Forum List

Back