Court halts South Carolina plan for firing squad execution

Firing squad scares the F out of me

But it allows you to die like Michel Ney did, giving the order to fire.

On 6 December 1815, Ney was condemned, and on 7 December 1815 he was executed by firing squad in Paris near the Luxembourg Gardens. He refused to wear a blindfold and was allowed the right to give the order to fire, reportedly saying:

Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire![23]

COLUMBIA, S.C. —
The South Carolina Supreme Court has issued a temporary stay halting the state from carrying out plans for its first-ever firing squad execution.

my opinion is that only serial killers should get teh death penalty

and then only if they cannot be locked up for life.. I used to say Get rid of them asap but the Catholic Church has the wisdom on this issue...

and I accept all that the Catholic Church OFFICIALLY teaches

(which excludes something like 80% of what Francis may "proclaim" off the cuff)

The thought of knowing when your exact moment of death will be is terrifying.
I don't agree

I think it is a great blessing to know you are going to go meet Jesus... well, if you are not in good w/ Jesus... then your post makes sense...

my opinion is that only serial killers should get teh death penalty

and then only if they cannot be locked up for life.. I used to say Get rid of them asap but the Catholic Church has the wisdom on this issue...

and I accept all that the Catholic Church OFFICIALLY teaches

(which excludes something like 80% of what Francis may "proclaim" off the cuff)
That's nice.

I would just bet that Mr. Moore and his attorney knew this was gonna happen.
Pretty darn slick.

Forum List

Back