Court awards 4.6 million because she was stuck w/ hypo needle she picked up in a Target parking lot

says the guy who belongs to a church that let priests molest kids and then paid off the families in that "corrupt" system you complain about.

Target was stupid for letting it get to a jury. They should have paid the $12,000 and been done with it. Put a soulless corporation vs. a mother injured trying to protect her child, who has the better narrative there?

The Catholic Church has paid, is paying, and will continue to pay for its sins. Thankfully, 95% of the clergy continue on to serve the truth even though they are now vilified.

Yet, odd how you insinuate that exonerates you and the political systems from any culpability of their own.
Hmm look at you defending a group where only 5% have committed atrocities

says the guy who belongs to a church that let priests molest kids and then paid off the families in that "corrupt" system you complain about.

Target was stupid for letting it get to a jury. They should have paid the $12,000 and been done with it. Put a soulless corporation vs. a mother injured trying to protect her child, who has the better narrative there?

The Catholic Church has paid, is paying, and will continue to pay for its sins. Thankfully, 95% of the clergy continue on to serve the truth even though they are now vilified.

Yet, odd how you insinuate that exonerates you and the political systems from any culpability of their own.

Well even Jesus was only batting 11 out of 12. If Judas can fall that close to our Lord how should a priest not struggle? Nor do the 11 stop proclaiming the truth.

But I know, you only look for sins not virtue when weighing the opponent.

Well even Jesus was only batting 11 out of 12. If Judas can fall that close to our Lord how should a priest not struggle? Nor do the 11 stop proclaiming the truth.

Well that went over your head

Ditto.

Actually, most of the apostles (literary devices) in the made up gospels were flawed guys. Peter denied him and Thomas doubted him.

It's why ACTS needed the literary device of the Pentacost to make them all better at what they did.

But we aren't talking about the Fairy Tales, guy.

We are talking about how your Church recruited sexual deviants, and instead of getting them the help they needed, paid people off and moved them around from Church to Church.

What's even more amazing is that you guys expected any different result. Come on, telling guys they have to give up sex for life, but don't worry, you can hang out with these kids? How did they NOT expect to attract pedophiles?

Now, having Grown Up Catholic, here's what I saw as part of the problem. When you had a kid who was a little fruity, they steered him towards the seminaries. (The girls, meanwhile got steered towards the convents the minute they started acting a little butch.)

So you take a kid who might have some sexual dysfunction, arrest his sexual development at puberty, hit him with a big religious guilty trip and tell him that his sins will be forgiven if he asks other priests to give it to him... and pretty much you have the kind of pedophile ring that would have made NAMBLA green with envy.

Ditto.
Whatever. Please make an effort to apply your forgiveness of the small percentage of clergymen who have committed atrocities to other groups for whom a small percentage of members have committed atrocities.

Ditto.
Whatever. Please make an effort to apply your forgiveness of the small percentage of clergymen who have committed atrocities to other groups for whom a small percentage of members have committed atrocities.

I have written about it many times in many ways and virtually called the sin unforgivable and worthy of great chastisement.
But you were too busy looking for something to hate in every Christian's post.

The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.
government should make us buy rape insurance. Every single male between the ages of puberty and depends should be required by law to have a policy.

Ditto.

I have written about it many times in many ways and virtually called the sin unforgivable and worthy of great chastisement.
But you were too busy looking for something to hate in every Christian's post.
It's sad that you think that's what I do, while you yourself are busy looking for things to hate about other groups.

What's even more amazing is that you guys expected any different result. Come on, telling guys they have to give up sex for life, but don't worry, you can hang out with these kids? How did they NOT expect to attract pedophiles?

Now, having Grown Up Catholic, here's what I saw as part of the problem. When you had a kid who was a little fruity, they steered him towards the seminaries. (The girls, meanwhile got steered towards the convents the minute they started acting a little butch.)

I am not aware of parents or authorities playing a significant role in "steering" a younger lad to the priesthood. Seems to me the young man himself is solely responsible in saying yes or no and would not do so just to please others. And you are correct (at least to the best of my knowledge) that a lot males with gay feelings did enter the seminaries, most especially in the 50s - 70s. And no doubt they had a number of superiors who looked the other way, or in some cases indulged.

So that ill-advised situation led to the greatest period and numbers of sexual abuse with minors, because the Church allowed homosexual men in the seminaries. And the percentage is very high that it was boys not girls that were preyed upon --- and that vast majority of boys were not children but 11 or older. Is that pederasty? Now if you are going to ask me why the pope did not intervene, that one I cannot easily answer, only surmise.

The Catholic Church is made up of flawed humans who fall to weaknesses, some greater than others. I can reconcile my disappointment with that when I also consider all of the truths that this religion proclaims for our salvation and its many virtues and charity. God remains.

Last edited:
I cannot understand this story. A girl picks up an abandoned hypo needle in a Target parking lot, her mother swipes it out of her hand and sticks herself. She sues. Asks for $12,000 and Target offers a shocking $750. Goes to a jury and they award $4.6 million. Punitive damages no doubt, punitive for what?,,,, for offering so little initially or for not scouring their parking lots constantly for abandoned objects?

Target is stupid or greedy or both, what an embarrassment.
But how does this warrant $4.6 million? The legal system is corrupt, they only care about going after deep pockets and shaking them down, not true justice. Sick. Remember in California where the woman's husband died of cancer from smoking and the liberal California jury awarded her $28 billion?

Meanwhile, the family of 16 year old Susie who was murdered got $0 dollars from her assailant. And rape victims, do they ever get huge judgments for their horrors suffered? But don't you dare slander anyone, that hurt is worth millions to you if the right pieces are in place. Or if a Macy's store employee mistakenly walks into a change room and a woman is half dressed, well that has to be worth at least $5 million Macy's, start ponying up.

Woman stuck by needle in Target parking lot awarded $4.6 million | Fox News

ANDERSON, S.C. – A jury has awarded a South Carolina woman more than $4.6 million after she was stuck by a hypodermic needle picked up in a Target parking lot.

The Independent-Mail of Anderson reported Carla Denise Garrison's award would be one of the largest in Anderson County history if it stands.

Court documents say the Anderson woman was in the retailer's parking lot in May 2014 when her daughter picked up a hypodermic needle. Garrison swatted it out of her hand and was stuck in her own palm.

Garrison was bedridden because of medication prescribed because of the potential risk of HIV.

The paper reports Garrison's attorney had offered Target a deal of $12,000. The company offered $750 in response.

Target spokeswoman Erika Winkels said the company is considering an appeal.

Fuck Target.

Pay up greedy fuckers.

And clean up your shit.

The deception of religion?

The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.
government should make us buy rape insurance. Every single male between the ages of puberty and depends should be required by law to have a policy.

Do you intend on committing rape?

Forum List

Back