Couple considering divorce to pay for childs healthcare

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Happily married couple considers divorce to pay for daughter's health care costs
Jake and Maria Grey are happily married with two children. But they're considering a divorce, for the sake of one of their kids.

The Texas couple say it's the only way their developmentally disabled daughter can qualify for Medicaid and get the health care she needs.

The Greys got married nine years ago on a Florida beach. They have since become the proud parents of two daughters, 2-year-old Fairen and 6-year-old Brighton, who was born with a rare genetic disorder, Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Developmentally still a newborn, Brighton requires around-the-clock attention.

"She will not be able to be on her own ever and requires 24/7 care," Maria Grey said.

The couple has tried to get Medicaid to help with spiraling medical costs but Jake earns too much — $40,000 — for the family to qualify. The Greys applied for state assistance but don't expect to get it because of where they fall on the list.

"We're No. 60,000," Maria said.
--------
Sad story. Really sad, i thought.
Then i saw this
"We are not looking for charity, we're not looking for money or donations. We don't want a GoFundMe — we don't want any of that," Maria said. "I need the state to step up and give us the benefits that we need.
and realized they are morons. No wonder they cant provide for their child..
If they couldnt afford a child, why did they have 2? More stupidity? Poor preparation? Irresponsibility?
IDK, seems hard to have sympathy for the parents
I have it for that poor child though :/

I have helped dozens of people through a divorce so that a sick spouse or child could qualify for benefits. You do whatever you have to do.

I have helped dozens of people through a divorce so that a sick spouse or child could qualify for benefits. You do whatever you have to do.
Seems like bullshit to me. Gaming the system, if you will.
At least using a go fund me would have been voluntary and not forced upon people.

" i dont want you to donate, neighbor, i want you to have zero say in the matter"
Assholes

At least using a go fund me would have been voluntary and not forced upon people.

They are right for not wanting go fund me account. They are not wanting donations, just help from the local and fed gov for healthcare. I hope more of these stories come out. There are many.

They are right for not wanting go fund me account. They are not wanting donations, just help from the local and fed gov for healthcare. I hope more of these stories come out. There are many.
" i dont want you to donate, neighbor, i want you to have zero say in the matter"
Assholes

Wait penelope, you want to hear more shitty stories like this?
Sociopath?

People do what they need to do.

These people DIDNT do what they needed to do. Thats why they need everyone else to bail them out.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

These people DIDNT do what they needed to do. Thats why they need everyone else to bail them out.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

What are they suppose to do???

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Not have kids when you are broke, perhaps?

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Not broke, 40 grand a year. No one expects their child to be developmentally disabled.

Last entity anyone should want in their family lives is the government. Or their agents, for that matter.

They are destroyers of the family unit.

Last edited:

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Not broke, 40 grand a year. No one expects their child to be developmentally disabled.
No one expects a lot of shit to happen. Thats why people prepare.
And that still doesnt change the fact these morons would rather FORCE taxpayers, by gaming the system, than ask for donations.

Maybe the system shouldn't be so inhumane that people divorce out of desperation to get help for their children.

Happily married couple considers divorce to pay for daughter's health care costs
Jake and Maria Grey are happily married with two children. But they're considering a divorce, for the sake of one of their kids.

The Texas couple say it's the only way their developmentally disabled daughter can qualify for Medicaid and get the health care she needs.

The Greys got married nine years ago on a Florida beach. They have since become the proud parents of two daughters, 2-year-old Fairen and 6-year-old Brighton, who was born with a rare genetic disorder, Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Developmentally still a newborn, Brighton requires around-the-clock attention.

"She will not be able to be on her own ever and requires 24/7 care," Maria Grey said.

The couple has tried to get Medicaid to help with spiraling medical costs but Jake earns too much — $40,000 — for the family to qualify. The Greys applied for state assistance but don't expect to get it because of where they fall on the list.

"We're No. 60,000," Maria said.
--------
Sad story. Really sad, i thought.
Then i saw this
"We are not looking for charity, we're not looking for money or donations. We don't want a GoFundMe — we don't want any of that," Maria said. "I need the state to step up and give us the benefits that we need.
and realized they are morons. No wonder they cant provide for their child..
If they couldnt afford a child, why did they have 2? More stupidity? Poor preparation? Irresponsibility?
IDK, seems hard to have sympathy for the parents
I have it for that poor child though :/

It's bullshit. It isn't the state's responsibility to provide the care they demand. Maybe Maria needs to learn how to care for her kid herself.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

No one expects a lot of shit to happen. Thats why people prepare.
And that still doesnt change the fact these morons would rather FORCE taxpayers, by gaming the system, than ask for donations.

She would probably be working but instead she is home taking care of her baby. The med income in the US is 55 grand, so a lot of people are in this position.

Maybe the system shouldn't be so inhumane that people divorce out of desperation to get help for their children.
But forcing other people to cover your mistakes is humane?

Yup... They don't want voluntary "help" they want funding forced from the populace at gunpoint. How noble...

Forum List

Back