Zone1 Couldn't wait for the movie.

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
"Killers of the Flower Moon." So, I bought the audiobook on Audible. Returning home from New Jersey yesterday I listened to the first 5 chapters. The first thing that came to mind was there were 2 different societies around the same time in the same state, Oklahoma, (Choctaw for 'Red People). Both of these societies were doing quite well financially. In both cases violence and murder were done to them by white people. I have heard quite a bit of questions like why can't black people do good for themselves? Why can't Indians get control of their lives? Comments like 'they are all alcoholics.' This is why. For all those who claim we have never had racism in this country, how do you explain these two events? Coincidence, or do white people think they are the only ones that can be allowed to succeed?

"Killers of the Flower Moon." So, I bought the audiobook on Audible. Returning home from New Jersey yesterday I listened to the first 5 chapters. The first thing that came to mind was there were 2 different societies around the same time in the same state, Oklahoma, (Choctaw for 'Red People). Both of these societies were doing quite well financially. In both cases violence and murder were done to them by white people. I have heard quite a bit of questions like why can't black people do good for themselves? Why can't Indians get control of their lives? Comments like 'they are all alcoholics.' This is why. For all those who claim we have never had racism in this country, how do you explain these two events? Coincidence, or do white people think they are the only ones that can be allowed to succeed?

“We live in a society of an imposed forgetfulness, a society that depends on public amnesia.”
-Angela Davis

Sad but true.
These guys want to force us to learn their history as they want to tell themselves. But we cannot do that. We have a part of this history and it must be told. And it must be told every time they lie to themselves about America.

“I’m a human being, I’m not anyone’s mascot! And I am America’s conscience. And that’s what they don’t want to look at. They would rather look at a cartoon character than at the deceit of this country and this government.”-Russell Means

1698538822618.png

Rusell Means was right.

Forum List

Back