Coulda Had a Pipeline

Have you seen how they MINE tar sands? They don't pump it.. They scrape it up and put it in dump trucks.
Thus expensive and why CA didn’t fine tune it. My point is if a seller has knowledge full disclosure is warranted, always.
I’ve never watched a video about the process but read about it.

Thus expensive and why CA didn’t fine tune it. My point is if a seller has knowledge full disclosure is warranted, always.
I’ve never watched a video about the process but read about it.

Its not expensive. They can't give that corrosive sludge away.. Its $29 a barrel..

They can't answer it because the echo chamber didn't tell them about that.

The United States became a net annual petroleum exporter in 2020​

In 2020, the United States exported about 8.51 MMb/d and imported about 7.86 MMb/d of petroleum1, making the United States a net annual petroleum exporter for the first time since at least 1949. Also in 2020, the United States produced2 about 18.40 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum, and consumed3 about 18.12 MMb/d. Even though in 2020, total U.S. annual petroleum production was greater than total petroleum consumption and exports were greater than imports, the United States still imported some crude oil and petroleum products from other countries to help to supply domestic demand for petroleum and to supply international markets.

The United States remained a net crude oil importer in 2020, importing nearly 5.88 MMb/d and exporting about 3.18 MMb/d. However, some of the crude oil that the U.S. imports is refined by U.S. refineries into petroleum products—such as gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel—that the U.S. exports. Also, some of imported petroleum may be stored and subsequently exported.

Its not expensive. They can't give that corrosive sludge away.. Its $29 a barrel..
That certainly sounds reasonable. A lack of labor perhaps? I haven’t pursued any details other than what I posted about; I don’t expect you to do my legwork but asked in case you know.

In 2020, the United States exported about 8.51 MMb/d and imported about 7.86 MMb/d of petroleum1, making the United States a net annual petroleum exporter for the first time since at least 1949. Also in 2020, the United States produced2 about 18.40 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum, and consumed3 about 18.12 MMb/d. Even though in 2020, total U.S. annual petroleum production was greater than total petroleum consumption and exports were greater than imports, the United States still imported some crude oil and petroleum products from other countries to help to supply domestic demand for petroleum and to supply international markets.

The United States remained a net crude oil importer in 2020, importing nearly 5.88 MMb/d and exporting about 3.18 MMb/d. However, some of the crude oil that the U.S. imports is refined by U.S. refineries into petroleum products—such as gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel—that the U.S. exports. Also, some of imported petroleum may be stored and subsequently exported.
Yes, but we still imported oil so we are not oil independent. We are an exporter of oil, which has nothing to do with why prices for gasoline and oil are high now because the pandemic in 2020 wiped out all that oil production when the workers were laid off because oil prices hit a negative value on the futures market, and do companies keep on producing the same amount when they are losing money? No.

That certainly sounds reasonable. A lack of labor perhaps? I haven’t pursued any details other than what I posted about; I don’t expect you to do my legwork but asked in case you know.

Its highly corrosive and hard to refine.

We export 2.5 million bpd day but that NOT oil independence.

Overnight, the White House has been briefing on the energy shortages issue, with a "senior administration official" saying that President Biden is going to use his meetings at the G20 to ask oil and gas producers to raise output.

Trump purposely made America energy independent, one of the most important and common sense accomplishments I have witnessed of any president.

The fact that the Dems now vigorously attack and handcuff US producers, then go begging to international suppliers to make up the resulting shortage is utter insanity. To me, it is further clear proof that this climate fearmongering bullshit is ALL about crippling western economies and has nothing to do with real science.

Biden is going to find out that Trump was right. It will remain secret in his mind, and in the Leftists mind. They are scared shitless to admit that Trump was right. We need to understand this: This world will not last forever. We need to ready our minds for what is to come, not warring about what is.

Yes, but we still imported oil so we are not oil independent. We are an exporter of oil, which has nothing to do with why prices for gasoline and oil are high now.
What does this mean to you MG- net exporter of oil? My post referenced 2020 data not 2022 for the record. I’m compelled to add that was under Trump’s policies not Biden’s.

Yes, but we still imported oil so we are not oil independent. We are an exporter of oil, which has nothing to do with why prices for gasoline and oil are high now.
Yeah, but....maybe it's just that you don't read well, Bart.

From my prior post.....

Biden is going to find out that Trump was right. It will remain secret in his mind, and in the Leftists mind. They are scared shitless to admit that Trump was right.
Yes, similar to Biden’s handler’s quiet continuation of Trump’s remain in Mexico policy and all their words were like oh no we’re not doing that until called out by their own party members lol

Yeah, but....maybe it's just that you don't read well, Bart.

From my prior post.....

Maybe is the word that tells you that it is not a for sure deal. A pipeline of sludge ain't gonna make gas prices drop.

One simple concept that seems to elude you guys:

"We" didn't export jack shit. Internationally owned and traded private companies did, after they pulled the privately owned oil out of the privately owned land where it resides, then sold that oil on the global market to the highest bidder, to the benefit of the shareholders and executives of the privately and internationally owned companies.

Try reading what I posted very carefully, Okay? :eusa_whistle:

There is a huge difference between oil independence and being a minor net exporter.

In November 2019, the United States exported 772,000 barrels per day (b/d) more petroleum (crude oil and petroleum products) than it imported, marking the third consecutive month in which the United States was a net petroleum exporter. Although the United States is a net petroleum exporter as a whole, most regions other than the U.S. Gulf Coast region remain net petroleum importers.

Net petroleum trade is calculated as the total imports of crude oil and petroleum products minus the total exports of crude oil and petroleum products. In September 2019, the United States became a net petroleum exporter for the first time since monthly records began in 1973.

The United States is a net importer of crude oil. In November 2019, the latest monthly data, it imported 5.8 million b/d of crude oil and exported 3.0 million b/d of crude oil. The United States is a net exporter of petroleum products (such as distillate fuel, motor gasoline, and jet fuel). In November 2019, the United States exported 5.8 million b/d of petroleum products and imported 2.2 million b/d of petroleum products.

The reasoning behind lockdowns is sound and scientific.
Yes if you live in an ivory tower and all your personal needs are provided for you by a living government with inexhaustible resources

But most people have to work to survive

I admit even I was unnerved by the horror stories from places like italy of people dying in hospital hallways

Would it kill everyone?

Who knew

But the dust settled on that pretty fast even though freaked out libs refused to see it

One simple concept that seems to elude you guys:

"We" didn't export jack shit. Internationally owned private companies did, after they pulled the privately owned oil out of the privately owned land where it resides, then sold that oil on the global market to the highest bidder, to the benefit of the shareholders and executives of the privately and internationally owned companies.
Trump's policies allowed that to happen, and Biden's policies of tightening up the industry is changing that opportunity.

But, yes you are correct that it is the private industry

There is a huge difference between oil independence and being a minor net exporter.

In November 2019, the United States exported 772,000 barrels per day (b/d) more petroleum (crude oil and petroleum products) than it imported, marking the third consecutive month in which the United States was a net petroleum exporter. Although the United States is a net petroleum exporter as a whole, most regions other than the U.S. Gulf Coast region remain net petroleum importers.

Net petroleum trade is calculated as the total imports of crude oil and petroleum products minus the total exports of crude oil and petroleum products. In September 2019, the United States became a net petroleum exporter for the first time since monthly records began in 1973.

The United States is a net importer of crude oil. In November 2019, the latest monthly data, it imported 5.8 million b/d of crude oil and exported 3.0 million b/d of crude oil. The United States is a net exporter of petroleum products (such as distillate fuel, motor gasoline, and jet fuel). In November 2019, the United States exported 5.8 million b/d of petroleum products and imported 2.2 million b/d of petroleum products.

I gather you didn't read it, huh? Okay, I can't coach the uncoachable.

Forum List

Back