Could someone be descriminated against because of their gender identity

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
According to gender identity theorist a person can internally identify as a man or a woman even though their physical bodies may be not what they identify as. One would wonder if that should be considered a mental disorder based on that alone but since those crazy ideas don't get funded at universities no one would ever know.

Anyways, A man who identifies as a WOman would be identified as a man in the workplace because he is a man to everyone else who sees him so they treat him as such. He gets all the perks men supposedly get in a sexist work environment and women don't get. No one knows about this but if their 'gender identity' determines their actual gender, as people claim, then can this man sue his workplace for gender discrimination? Or is he a 'man' in this scenario and therefore can't claim he was discriminated against because he saw himself as a woman?

I'm also told that no person is an island in society so our social identity can't be determined by our singular existence alone. How can this person above identify as a woman even though society around him sees him completely as a man? They don't know his internal secret thoughts he may have or anything about what he does at home. How does someone identify as a woman in this scenario without the workplace society giving him that identity? Remember, they don't know he has these feelings so they can't identify him as anything other than what his gender is biologically.

If you've got a pecker, you use the Mens' bathroom...

If you've got a hoo-hah, you use the Womens' bathroom...

If you're brain is scrambled so badly that you think you're something else, go take your shits in the woods, and keep your distance from Normal people...

This isn't rocket science...

Freaks...

Re: the OP, the question depends on the state's PA laws. So: yes and no.

• Banned

That is not an answer because if their gender identity is somehow more real than their perceived identity as a man in the workplace then they can't claim sexual discrimination based on their gender identity. In the minds of others he was a man so how can he ever be treated as a woman in the same work enviroment?

That is not an answer because if their gender identity is somehow more real than their perceived identity as a man in the workplace then they can't claim sexual discrimination based on their gender identity. In the minds of others he was a man so how can he ever be treated as a woman in the same work enviroment?
It's a perfectably acceptable answer while your complaint is not.

Helpful hint: don't look.

• Banned
no one is hurting anyone by going to the bathroom. Who cares if they have a cock or a ****.

I'm going to use the woman's restroom and if a woman complains I would just say cocks=vaginas baby.

The stalls close and as long as they don't do any indecent exposure no one will even see it.

Why even have men and women bathrooms at all then? Just one big potty place is all we need. Wouldn't the unity be awesome! Think of how STRONG we would make society if we ended such distinctions as men or women. We would be like one big unified front against any foreign attacker just because cocks=vaginas and vaginas=cocks.

It is not an answer because it is like filling out both true and false on a true false test.

You didn't even bother to read and understand what I said but, judging by past experience, I figure it is because you are just not smart enough to do so.

According to gender identity theorist a person can internally identify as a man or a woman even though their physical bodies may be not what they identify as. One would wonder if that should be considered a mental disorder based on that alone but since those crazy ideas don't get funded at universities no one would ever know.

Anyways, A man who identifies as a WOman would be identified as a man in the workplace because he is a man to everyone else who sees him so they treat him as such. He gets all the perks men supposedly get in a sexist work environment and women don't get. No one knows about this but if their 'gender identity' determines their actual gender, as people claim, then can this man sue his workplace for gender discrimination? Or is he a 'man' in this scenario and therefore can't claim he was discriminated against because he saw himself as a woman?

I'm also told that no person is an island in society so our social identity can't be determined by our singular existence alone. How can this person above identify as a woman even though society around him sees him completely as a man? They don't know his internal secret thoughts he may have or anything about what he does at home. How does someone identify as a woman in this scenario without the workplace society giving him that identity? Remember, they don't know he has these feelings so they can't identify him as anything other than what his gender is biologically.

Super-democrat you are revealing your sexist self again. You completely forgot about the 69 (and growing) other genders!!

Asexual
Female to male trans man
Female to male transgender man
Female to male transsexual man
F2M
Gender neutral
Hermaphrodite
Intersex man
Intersex person
Intersex woman
Male to female trans woman
Male to female transgender woman
Male to female transsexual woman
Man
M2F
Polygender
T* man
T* woman
Two* person
Two-spirit person
Woman
Agender
Androgyne
Androgynes
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans*Female
Trans*Male
Trans*Man
Trans*Person
Trans*Woman
Transexual
Transexual Female
Transexual Male
Transexual Man
Transexual Person
Transexual Woman
Transgender Female
Transgender Person
Transmasculine
Two-spirit

And I am sorry, if you can't figure out who is who you deserve to not have a job! You sexist!!!

Super-democrat you are revealing your sexist self again. You completely forgot about the 69 (and growing) other genders!!

Asexual
Female to male trans man
Female to male transgender man
Female to male transsexual man
F2M
Gender neutral
Hermaphrodite
Intersex man
Intersex person
Intersex woman
Male to female trans woman
Male to female transgender woman
Male to female transsexual woman
Man
M2F
Polygender
T* man
T* woman
Two* person
Two-spirit person
Woman
Agender
Androgyne
Androgynes
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans*Female
Trans*Male
Trans*Man
Trans*Person
Trans*Woman
Transexual
Transexual Female
Transexual Male
Transexual Man
Transexual Person
Transexual Woman
Transgender Female
Transgender Person
Transmasculine
Two-spirit

And I am sorry, if you can't figure out who is who you deserve to not have a job! You sexist!!!

Who actually knows what we identify as in the workplace other than the typical binary system that normal people use. Other people either identify us as a man or a woman and if someone thinks of us as a man even though that same person might be one of those other 69 identities they can't claim they were being discriminated against since no one ever knew what of the 69 indentities they were. They were on the man-woman system...(I can't believe we now think of men and women as an outdated concept).

I wonder why the right wing in America is so concerned with transgender people and their bathroom use? What sort of insecurity or fear causes a person to be worried whether the guy or girl in the stall next to them was once a girl or guy? So what, the party that pretends they are freedom loving are so narrow minded they worry about a non-issue. Most men would laugh if a girl came into the bathroom and used the urinal. Not the right, they're afraid it's contagious. One's sense of themselves is very weak and fragile when another person's mental gender is a great concern, And calling them freaks or whatever is the sign you are dealing with a twelve year mentality. We should fear them more for they are dumb and dumb people do dumb things.

Geena Rocero: Why I must come out:

And more below for the open minded, freedom loving, respectful American.

Jazz Jennings
know what really causes homosexuality....

I'm going to use the woman's restroom and if a woman complains I would just say cocks=vaginas baby.

You're an idiot.

Everyone knows that, so next point:

There are ways to tell where a fool like you is on the identification scale. Most "opposite" identifiers are on hormone & psychological therapy and are dressing the part. This doesn't mean drag queen men and bull dyke women, it means they wear typical everyday clothes of their chosen gender.

Let's not forget the gender queers that can be both or neither.

It's complicated for us old folks, but the Millennials seem to have it all figured out, I'm sure that 30 or 40 years down the road we'll all wonder what the fuss was about.

I wonder why the right wing in America is so concerned with transgender people and their bathroom use? What sort of insecurity or fear causes a person to be worried whether the guy or girl in the stall next to them was once a girl or guy? So what, the party that pretends they are freedom loving are so narrow minded they worry about a non-issue. Most men would laugh if a girl came into bathroom and used the urinal. Not the right, they're afraid it's contagious. One's sense of themselves is very weak and fragile when another person's mental gender is a great concern, And calling them freaks or whatever is the sign you are dealing with a twelve year mentality. We should fear them more for they are dumb and dumb people do dumb things.

Geena Rocero: Why I must come out:

And more below for open minded freedom loving American.

Jazz Jennings
know what really causes homosexuality....

What I fear more are people who take normal standards of behavior and turn them into some kind of bigotry in order to destroy them especially if these normal standards of behavior really don't and have not hurt anyone ever. Some people may actually not want to share a urinal or bathroom with members of the opposite sex for various reasons. I suppose it is something we inherit from our fathers and their fathers before them and we don't know why we do it but we are accustomed to doing it. And because of this we may never think that their is good reason for doing it simply because we inherited the tradition and we never had to debate why we are doing this. It is like preparing food to be cooked. Why do we heat things up? We just do it because that is how our mom's cooked the food. We never had to think that heating things up actually kills the germs in it which makes the food safer to eat.

You're an idiot.

Everyone knows that, so next point:

There are ways to tell where a fool like you is on the identification scale. Most "opposite" identifiers are on hormone & psychological therapy and are dressing the part. This doesn't mean drag queen men and bull dyke women, it means they wear typical everyday clothes of their chosen gender.

Let's not forget the gender queers that can be both or neither.

It's complicated for us old folks, but the Millennials seem to have it all figured out, I'm sure that 30 or 40 years down the road we'll all wonder what the fuss was about.

This is not english.... Please retake the third grade.

Forum List

Back