Could Obama be a 2 time winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

As far as politicians in America Ron Paul is about the only person that should get the NPP but the NPP has no meaning anymore so what does it matter?

Maybe if people asked "why shouldn't someone get the NPP" rather than "why should they get it" we would see the NPP go to people that are important in a meaningful way.

Maybe the OP can tell us why Obama got the NPP in the first place?

I think he got it because he talked about ending war, torture and making the world a better place.

It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

Whoever pleases the Europeans (for economics/peace). I think the slew of anti-Bush Nobels (Krugman, Gore, Obama) are over. Maybe the Europeans will go back to giving Nobels to people who deserve them, although the economics/peace prizes are notoriously political. So who knows?

I don't follow it closely but i thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss who should win.

Liu Xiaobo in 2010 was a good award. As was Muhammed Yunus' in 2006 (although strangely for peace and not economics).

I would hope they award someone who I would not guess. That's when the prize works best: to elevate something new, novel, and hopeful out of obscurity.

Alfred Nobel said it should go to whoever

"shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

The Nobel committee seems not to care about what Nobel's own criteria were.

Of course he could win 2nd one, he could win a 3rd, 4th, 50th one.

He won the first one for no reason, he has no reason to win another, so by that criteria he could win any number of Nobels.

He won the first one for no reason, he has no reason to win another, so by that criteria he could win any number of Nobels.

What exactly did he...him personally ...have to do with him winning it the first time. YOu are saying this like it was all about him going into a room and demanding to win it.

It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

If they want to relegate the Prize even further to meaninglessness. They can choose to yet again choose to make a political Point with it, instead of actually giving it to someone who deserves it.

The Best excuse I heard for why Obama got the first one, was that his Campaign had brought us all together here in the US, and around the world. Now that has been exposed as pure BS, and Obama has turned out to be a dishonest, Hyper Partisan, Divisive President. I don't think they can use that same BS excuse again.

What exactly did he...him personally ...have to do with him winning it the first time. YOu are saying this like it was all about him going into a room and demanding to win it.

Well he didn't seek it, You are right. However he did run a campaign based on Hope and change, and bringing us all together, and then turn out to be a Hyper Partisan Hack instead.

Well he didn't seek it, You are right. However he did run a campaign based on Hope and change, and bringing us all together, and then turn out to be a Hyper Partisan Hack instead.

Record number of filibusters happened when and by who? That would be republicans against Obama. RECORD NUMBER OF FILIBUSTERS.

Try again.

Forum List

Back