What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Obama be a 2 time winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

TakeAStepBack

Gold Member
Reaction score
Obama shouldn't have gotten the first one.

Unless war is peace now, he should be stripped of the one he got.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obama's got 6 wars going on so yeah, he should get another Peace Prize

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score
It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

I obama gets it, he should spread the wealth and give it to someone who wants it but didnt earn it.

Liability

Locked Account.
Reaction score
They owe it to President Obama... again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

Just because.

That was the reason the first time, right?

TakeAStepBack

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems like he got it the first time as an endorsement for his presidential credential by "the establishment". He wined and dined the Merican people on hope and change with is speeches, but only delivered about 6 cents on the dollar of change and left Mericans hoping for a miracle.

He'll get re-elected too.

This time the slogan will be "Merica, still hoping for change."

Kuros

Rookie
Reaction score
It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

Whoever pleases the Europeans (for economics/peace). I think the slew of anti-Bush Nobels (Krugman, Gore, Obama) are over. Maybe the Europeans will go back to giving Nobels to people who deserve them, although the economics/peace prizes are notoriously political. So who knows?

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as politicians in America Ron Paul is about the only person that should get the NPP but the NPP has no meaning anymore so what does it matter?

Maybe if people asked "why shouldn't someone get the NPP" rather than "why should they get it" we would see the NPP go to people that are important in a meaningful way.

Maybe the OP can tell us why Obama got the NPP in the first place?

OP
Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Reaction score

Whoever pleases the Europeans (for economics/peace). I think the slew of anti-Bush Nobels (Krugman, Gore, Obama) are over. Maybe the Europeans will go back to giving Nobels to people who deserve them, although the economics/peace prizes are notoriously political. So who knows?

I don't follow it closely but i thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss who should win.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List