Could humans evolve in the future to develop superhuman powers to be like superheroes from DC and Marvel comics?

Technology is not evolution.

Evolution would occur if it benefitted the species in some major way as to influence natural selection over the course of time.

Hammerhead sharks, bats, electric eels and countless other animals that have, through evolution, developed some seriously crazy shit would seem to indicate that it is theoretically possible, via evolution, for a species to develop abilities that we might consider 'super-powers'.

Sticking a chip in my head so I can get a live internet feed is not that. Not sure I'd want a tech interface into my brain and, now that I'm thinking about it, I definitely would not.

I mean evolve as in continue to improve technologically. When we talk about chips we talk about the "next generation" or the "evolution of GPU power" etc. Obviously I didn't think the robots of the future would grow new body parts or extra receptors, however, they will learn and store what they learn. It's already here in its infancy and it will be leap years ahead 100 years from now. There is also progress in how they learn.

There are real threats with manipulation of video and audio which can emulate leaders and it is getting increasingly difficult to distinguish from the real thing. A hacker or a machine could create real havok. I predict there will be real threats at some point in the distant future when machines could harm our civilization if they are given a focused task. The pursuit of that goal many not be in our interest, and quantum computing is here already.

For instance, right now this learning is being done by machine in board games such as chess, where it is given one goal which is rewarded: to win. It's a very simplistic and controlled model, however, what if there are human-helping far more advanced robots in the future and they are given a goal to "collect as much gold (or anything) as possible"? They will be like a Terminator and will go to all lengths to accomplish that sole task, regardless of anyone elses health or well being.

Then such machines may start to look at humans as a deterrent to it reaching it's goal. An enemy to their objective even. If there are only a few we may feel comfortable knowing they couldn't rally together and cause harm, but we can't imagine how different the world will be, from the way it is connected globally (the internet 100 years in the future), or what have you.

I was responding to the OP. Sorry I didn't make that clear. My post just happened to follow yours....

Ah, ok np. Interesting subject though.

I think as I've aged I've become a little more open minded about just how far humans (and machines) will go. Remember the old "4 minute mile barrier"? I don't think we can ever set such limits on any human endeavours again.

It is. I've been fascinated by animal's 'superpowers' for years. How they evolved, how long it must have taken, the sheer incredibleness of the abilities they have.

We also have to consider that animals are still evolving. What happens if apes start to speak, for instance, or something similar occurs which shows the development/emergence of a more advanced intelligence than we now understand.

On the human/cybernetic side I think we'll see some of those things fairly soon, likely in our lifetimes in terms of minor interfaces. Neural types- implants, things of that nature, may be a bit further off....

Just curious if this is possible if our technology is advanced can we get some sort of Superhuman abilities and powers if the technology ever gets their one day? Like super strength, being able to fly, being so smart we could read each other’s minds, being invisible, etc?

Maybe gene slicing will allow for some of this? Or maybe cyborg humans of some form.
If we still have our flaws, that may not be to good. At times it seems we are on the precipice of ending ourselves as it is. Perhaps it will come with lobotomies added.

Just curious if this is possible if our technology is advanced can we get some sort of Superhuman abilities and powers if the technology ever gets their one day? Like super strength, being able to fly, being so smart we could read each other’s minds, being invisible, etc?

Maybe gene slicing will allow for some of this? Or maybe cyborg humans of some form.
well since humans have never evolved in the past I highly doubt it will happen in the future,,,
Humans have evolved in the past,,, religious extremists have not,,,

well since humans have never evolved in the past I highly doubt it will happen in the future,,,
Humans have evolved in the past,,, religious extremists have not,,,

Extremists come in all shapes, sizes and ideologies, this you can be certain of.

No, because the theory of evolution is just a fallacy.

Reality is that the future of humans is their continued and unstoppable degeneration.

Why not? But in other forms, I think. One day I realized we made come true lots of wishes of the fairy tales. The magical seven-league boots were for example realized in this what we call today "automobile". And the "Schlaraffenland" - where roasted doves are flying directly into the own mouth, if we are hungry - has all over the world embassies. Walmart for example. By the way: Did you ever think about what a superdog is able to do, who is hungry?

If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.
Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Telepathy, or something very like it, will probably come as soon as miniaturisation allows brain-implanted internet.

I don't need a brain-implanted Internet to read your thoughts - but you would not be able to read my thoughts with a brain-implanted internet. You had no motivation to learn German to understand my thoughts, isn't it?

Well, that wouldn't be evolution but you should look up "biohackers". They're doing crazy shit to themselves.

Forum List

Back