Another Reason To Get Your Face Out Of Your Smartphone.

The ACLU agrees with you as do I. Privacy laws vary state by state.

Smartphones already track you wherever you go. Your cell phone can be used against you in a court of law whether in divorce proceedings or criminal prosecutions though a search warrant is required. See Carpenter v. US where the Supreme court held a search warrant was required for law enforcement to access your phone. The liberal court majority joined by Justice Roberts found a warrant was required to access your tracking information.

Privacy laws need to be strengthened not weakened. We don’t need any more invasive technology.

Last edited:
I've been strongly considering going back to a regular flip phone.

I don't really use any of those apps on my iphone anyway.

The only reason I haven't done so yet is because I can't find a dumb flipper that's similar to my old Razr.

The way they're doing is by manipulating the third party apps on the smartphones.

I've been strongly considering going back to a regular flip phone.

I don't really use any of those apps on my iphone anyway.

The only reason I haven't done so yet is because I can't find a dumb flipper that's similar to my old Razr.

The way they're doing is by manipulating the third party apps on the smartphones.

Any flip phone made in the last 15 years is probably just as traceable as any smartphone.

Any flip phone made in the last 15 years is probably just as traceable as any smartphone.

Technologically speaking, yes.

But the only legal way they can do what they're doing is through piggybacking off of the data collected by the third party apps.

And they know this. Which is why they're piggybacking on the data from those apps in the first place.

The dumb flip phones don't come with modern apps that require eulas prior to using them. There's a reason for these eulas. People just typically click on 'accept' and so that's how they can get around it and do what they're doing via those apps. So technically people are blindly consenting without even reading the terms of using the apps which usually say that they're collecting and sharing all of that data.

Last edited:

Technologically speaking, yes.

But the only legal way they can do what they're doing is through piggybacking off of the data collected by the third party apps.

And they know this. Which is why they're piggybacking on the data from those apps in the first place.

The dumb flip phones don't come with modern apps that require eulas prior to using them. There's a reason for these eulas. People just typically click on 'accept' and so that's how they can get around it and do what they're doing via those apps.

Delete Grindr. Problem solved.

Apparently they're gonna be manipulating bluetooth for contact tracing and alerting other phones around you about the medical conditions of people who might be in your vicinity.

And it's gonna be built into the build of the smartphones so switcing off bluetooth won't work to deter that practice. Once you update your smartphone and accept the terms of the update and install it, it's off to the races. You've signed away your constitution.

So, the only way around that is a dumb phone without a buetooth radio at all. No eulas. No nothing.

Forum List

Back