Could Hitler have forced Britain to make peace?

Secondly, Hitler offered peace to GB after Dunkirk. He offered Churchill very nice terms, but old Winston wanted blood which ultimately destroyed the British Empire. Hitler never wanted war with Britain. Churchill always wanted war with Germany
So, you blame Churchill that he refused to strike a deal with a madman that was going to wipe a number of nations out?

Secondly, Hitler offered peace to GB after Dunkirk. He offered Churchill very nice terms, but old Winston wanted blood which ultimately destroyed the British Empire. Hitler never wanted war with Britain. Churchill always wanted war with Germany
So, you blame Churchill that he refused to strike a deal with a madman that was going to wipe a number of nations out?
Yes, I do. Hitler wasn’t a madman, in the beginning. I know Americans have been told this since birth, in an effort to justify their government’s enormous military...you know? There’s madmen everywhere out to get us.

Hitler was actually very intelligent and never wanted war with GB. He did want to take out the USSR. Too bad Stalin’s Stooge wasn’t smart enough to let him do this.

Yes, I do. Hitler wasn’t a madman, in the beginning. I know Americans have been told this since birth, in an effort to justify their government’s enormous military...you know? There’s madmen everywhere out to get us.

Hitler was actually very intelligent and never wanted war with GB. He did want to take out the USSR. Too bad Stalin’s Stooge wasn’t smart enough to let him do this.
Taking out the USSR meant annihilation of a significant part of its population. That one which wasn't needed by the 'Aryan race' in functioning of Lebensraum.

And I can only applaud Churchill that he could see through all of that and made a right decision.

Taking out the USSR meant annihilation of a significant part of its population. That one which wasn't needed by the 'Aryan race' in functioning of Lebensraum.

And I can only applaud Churchill that he could see through all of that and made a right decision.
I can’t.

I don't understand you gripper! You seem against your own government whether Rep or Dem. Against your allies the British. Against the USSR cos they were commie right, but for Hitler who murdered millions simply on some deluded racial purity belief.

'Lebensraum'
It was not Hitler's idea but an old German philosophical idea that sprang up in the mid 19th century that Germany needed to expand eastward into Russia. it may have had something to do with the fact that Germany's only natural
resource was coal but the east was rich in iron ore, oil, gas and could produce vast amounts of wheat.

Hitler talks about this in Mien Kampf and it set his agenda that would eventually result in Operation Barbarossa.
O thing with Hitler was practically all European traditions and cultures were thrown out in favour of his own deranged set of values. Women were encouraged to have as many children with whatever numbers of fathers. Young girls considered 'plain' could be asked to be serviced by a SS officer to produce kids, provided of course she was racially pure. Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Freemasons, Communists any other dissenters were to be annihilated. And it is at this point that any speculation in Hitler's sanity ends he is proven to be totally insane.
He uses the German industry to build the infrastructure and use industrial processes to murder 6 million innocent people, most of whom didn't even live in Germany.

If that doesn't spell out insanity to you 'gripper' you might need therapy, you think living in Hitlers Germany would give you more freedom than living in the US? Then I think you need to get a......well a grip!

I don't understand you gripper! You seem against your own government whether Rep or Dem. Against your allies the British. Against the USSR cos they were commie right, but for Hitler who murdered millions simply on some deluded racial purity belief.

'Lebensraum'
It was not Hitler's idea but an old German philosophical idea that sprang up in the mid 19th century that Germany needed to expand eastward into Russia. it may have had something to do with the fact that Germany's only natural
resource was coal but the east was rich in iron ore, oil, gas and could produce vast amounts of wheat.

Hitler talks about this in Mien Kampf and it set his agenda that would eventually result in Operation Barbarossa.
O thing with Hitler was practically all European traditions and cultures were thrown out in favour of his own deranged set of values. Women were encouraged to have as many children with whatever numbers of fathers. Young girls considered 'plain' could be asked to be serviced by a SS officer to produce kids, provided of course she was racially pure. Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Freemasons, Communists any other dissenters were to be annihilated. And it is at this point that any speculation in Hitler's sanity ends he is proven to be totally insane.
He uses the German industry to build the infrastructure and use industrial processes to murder 6 million innocent people, most of whom didn't even live in Germany.

If that doesn't spell out insanity to you 'gripper' you might need therapy, you think living in Hitlers Germany would give you more freedom than living in the US? Then I think you need to get a......well a grip!
If you aren’t against our government today, you aren’t capable of thinking.

Yes yes Americans like to believe Hitler was the devil incarnate and he certainly was a bad guy, but I don’t think warring against Germany was necessary had we had competent leardership. Let Hitler and Stalin go at it and save American lives. Why side with Stalin when he was far worse than Hitler.

Mass murdering innocent German civilians was a war crime no different than the Nazi extermination camps. So, our government is no different.

I had written a lengthy appraisal of Hitler's mental state but for some reason, it didn't appear. Can't be asked writting it again so will just say that Hitler orchestrating the destruction of 6 million Jews, Gypsy's, Communists, Homosexuals, Jahohvas Witnesses, Freemasons, and anybody else who dissented, Using German industry to produce industrial processes to murder enormous amounts of innocent people most of whom didn't even live in Germany.
If that to you 'gripper' doesn't constitute insanity I can't think what would.
Do you seriously think living in Nazi Germany would be preferable to living in the US?
Think you need to get.......well a grip!

I had written a lengthy appraisal of Hitler's mental state but for some reason, it didn't appear. Can't be asked writting it again so will just say that Hitler orchestrating the destruction of 6 million Jews, Gypsy's, Communists, Homosexuals, Jahohvas Witnesses, Freemasons, and anybody else who dissented, Using German industry to produce industrial processes to murder enormous amounts of innocent people most of whom didn't even live in Germany.
Do you seriously think living in Nazi Germany would be preferable to living in the US?
You’re not reading my posts. Please refrain from addressing me again.

You’re not reading my posts. Please refrain from addressing me again.
Touchy, touchy!

Hitler was an ally of Russia...

Are you serious, Clark? LOL. They were never "allies". They signed a bullshit agreement to not kill each other. They were not "allies".
Yet Russia supplied Nazi Germany with lots of material, prior to Operation Barbarossa.

That's true. Soviet trains had dropped off supplies just hours before the Germans attacked. Nevertheless, nobody in Hitler's circle nor in the Kremlin considered the other to be an "ally".
To think how a beatdown nation like Germany went from impoverishment to a wealthy war footing nation in several years is incredible. Hitler had his own currency without outside interference.

Hitler was an ally of Russia...

Are you serious, Clark? LOL. They were never "allies". They signed a bullshit agreement to not kill each other. They were not "allies".
Yet Russia supplied Nazi Germany with lots of material, prior to Operation Barbarossa.

That's true. Soviet trains had dropped off supplies just hours before the Germans attacked. Nevertheless, nobody in Hitler's circle nor in the Kremlin considered the other to be an "ally".
To think how a beatdown nation like Germany went from impoverishment to a wealthy war footing nation in several years is incredible. Hitler had his own currency without outside interference.
Just saying Hitler did some good things for Germany, makes you a nutty anti-semtic. Be careful.

Historian John Keegan had a 'What If' re how Hitler could have won, proposing that after running the Brits out of Greece when the dumbass Mussolini lost his grandiose invasion and Hitler had to rescue him there the Germans could have invaded Turkey and then Iraq using Vichy Syria as a base, and from there killing several birds with one stone, threatening the Canal Zone, Iran, India, and southern Russia and its oil fields, securing an oil supply, out-flanking the Brits in Egypt, cutting off the all weather Lend-Lease routes through Iran, and threatening Britain’s most valuable colony India, with 20 divisions. The Soviets had all more than they could handle already with consolidating they were relatively helpless on their southern flank and the British had no great forces in the area after having to evacuate Greece, and neither did Turkey or anybody else; the Vichy govt. in Syria only had about 38.000 poorly equipped and trained soldiers there. British forces in North Africa were tied down with the Italians and then the Africa Korp, and India wasn't well organized and many there were resisting the draft. Most of the local Arabs were already supporters of Hitler.

America's 'enormous military' was reduced to nothing almost immediately after the war, which was what encouraged both of Gipper's heroes Stalin and Mao to continue with their imperialist agendas.

Ok, so you gents are confident that, in spite of all of western Europe making peace with the Germans, that the British people would have remained committed to all-out war with Germany. That may be correct, although we'll never know for sure, which is what makes these types of speculative threads interesting.

I think the Brits under Churchill and the other pols were pretty obstinate and had been at this game a long long time. They also weren't stupid about Stalin, but Hitler made them shift their priorities temporarily. They went right back to The Great Game of surrounding Russia with enemies as soon as Germany was finished. Leopards don't change their spots, as the old say8ing goes, and the Russians were always expansionists; becoming 'Reds' didn't change that fundamental fact about them. They still are today as well. All the dictatorships are.

Perhaps but, shortly after the end of the war, the British voters largely opposed Churchill and his fellow conservatives. I maintain my belief that, had Hitler pulled his forces out of western Europe and made peace, the British people would NOT have supported all-out war against Germany. They would rightly ask, why should hundreds of thousands (or millions) of British boys die for Poland? The fact that the conservatives did so poorly in the elections right after the end of WW2 lends credence to my theory, or so I believe. :)
Churchill lost that election because Labour had better policies. Homes fit for heroes,NHS, welfare state. All of these transformed the UK from a near feudal backward society. Having fought two world wars the British working class were keen to win the peace as well. It was no comment on Churhills work in the war.
It should have, since the old bulldog was a maniacal bloodthirsty warmonger.

And your heroes Stalin and Mao were just good old boys, happy kind and warm lil hobbits, like Hitler, who were just misunderstood Boy Scouts and wanted nothing but peace and love, until the Evul FDR plotted against them and made them Do Bad Thingz N Stuff!!!

Ok, so you gents are confident that, in spite of all of western Europe making peace with the Germans, that the British people would have remained committed to all-out war with Germany. That may be correct, although we'll never know for sure, which is what makes these types of speculative threads interesting.

I think the Brits under Churchill and the other pols were pretty obstinate and had been at this game a long long time. They also weren't stupid about Stalin, but Hitler made them shift their priorities temporarily. They went right back to The Great Game of surrounding Russia with enemies as soon as Germany was finished. Leopards don't change their spots, as the old say8ing goes, and the Russians were always expansionists; becoming 'Reds' didn't change that fundamental fact about them. They still are today as well. All the dictatorships are.

Perhaps but, shortly after the end of the war, the British voters largely opposed Churchill and his fellow conservatives. I maintain my belief that, had Hitler pulled his forces out of western Europe and made peace, the British people would NOT have supported all-out war against Germany. They would rightly ask, why should hundreds of thousands (or millions) of British boys die for Poland? The fact that the conservatives did so poorly in the elections right after the end of WW2 lends credence to my theory, or so I believe. :)
Churchill lost that election because Labour had better policies. Homes fit for heroes,NHS, welfare state. All of these transformed the UK from a near feudal backward society. Having fought two world wars the British working class were keen to win the peace as well. It was no comment on Churhills work in the war.

Fortunately, the British-left abandoned Churchhill the moment they no longer needed him and pursued policies that eventually made Great Britain a minor nation in the world.
The NHS made the UK a beacon in the modern world. Far better than killing loads of blacks and asians in order to steal their riches.

Yea, in 50 years England will be ruled by an Islamic caliphate. Congratulations.

Well, those Brits who like being able to butt rape little boys can't wait that 'glorious day' to get here. Britain has always had more than its share of Islamophiles and sex tourists that loved the ME and North Africa for that reason. Same with faggots like Gore Vidal and his crowd.

France and England should have threatened Hitler with harsh consequences as soon as Hitler began to ignore the treaty limitations on German weapons, instead of ignoring the military buildup and signing deals with him. If ever there were a case for the assassination of a head of state, Hitler was it.

After the war started, FDR and Churchill should have helped the German resistance instead of insisting on the idiotic, destructive policy of unconditional surrender.

After the Germans took France, the Germans quickly seized France's tanks, artillery, rifles, ammunition, aircraft, and huge stores of oil. In other words, they disarmed the French army and "air force". The French Navy was left untouched.

Here's what I posit that Hitler could have done differently that would have resulted in peace with Britain. Leave. Yep, leave France. Leave Norway. Leave Denmark, the Netherlands and, Belgium. Hitler could have told the British, French, Norwegians, etc., that he never wanted war with the west and that he has no territorial ambitions against them nor their colonies. He could (and did) disarm their militaries, destroy their defenses and then leave.

The British would have lost the moral upper-hand. Their European allies would NOT have wanted to go to battle again against the Nazis. The pressure in England for the British to end the war would have been IMMENSE. Besides, without the permission of western, European nations to enter their air space, coastal areas, etc., I don't know how the British could have waged war against Germany.

And if it had been successful, there would have been no "Battle of Britain". Hitler would not have had to fear a British entry into Greece, which resulted in the Germans going into Greece (after Mussolini's inept army failed) which delayed his attack on the Soviet Union.

As well, look at the immense losses the Germans suffered in the Battle of Britain not only in terms of aircraft but, more importantly, good pilots. Imagine that the Germans did not need huge numbers of forces tied up occupying France and the rest of western Europe.

Imagine the Germans not having to contend with a daily barrage of British and then, British & American bombers (this assumes that Germany does NOT declare war on the U.S.).

Of course, one impediment to all of this is that Hitler was apparently obsessed with deporting Jews from France, Belgium, etc., and exterminating them. Would Hitler have given up on that endeavor in return for all of the above? And what would the west have done once they learned (eventually) what Hitler was doing to the German, Polish, and Jews from the Soviet Union? Then again, if the U.S. chose to remain isolated, what could they have done?

With all that said, I still don't believe that the Germans could have taken and kept the great territories in Ukraine that Hitler fantasized about settling with German farmers. The war may have lasted years beyond 1945 but, ultimately, the Soviet Union's vast resource of manpower would have been too much for the Germans to overcome and the outcome would have been the same, albeit a few years later, perhaps.

Thoughts?

Well, you have to keep in mind that Hitler tried very hard to cut a peace deal with England after the invasion of Poland and before any serious fighting occurred between Germany and England and France. Hitler did not want to fight a war in western Europe. He wanted England and France to stay neutral to give him a free hand in the East.

That being said, I agree that Hitler would have been very wise, not to mention moral, to have withdrawn from his conquered nations in western Europe. But Hitler was neither wise nor moral.

Forum List

Back