Could Bernie's ego lose the presidency and take the Senate off the table?

I'm sorry but what Bernie is proposing doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If he were to run on that platform against a GOP opponent who simply pointed out how the numbers don't even come CLOSE to working...he would go down in flames!
I agree the numbers on his healthcare plan don't add up, but you're being ridiculous if you think republicans' plans do add up. For one thing, no republican in this race has proposed a tax plan to pay for any of the shit they are proposing. You have noticed that right? Trump's ideas alone would cost trillions. Even though Bernie's healthcare plan wouldn't be adequately paid for, at least he actually had a tax policy proposed to pay for it.
Not necessarily!

Politifact Confirms Bernie Sanders' Healthcare Plan Will SAVE Every American Family $1,200/Year

And again...let's be honest, Billy...if a government plan is projected to cost 100 billion...it's real cost will probably come in somewhere around double that amount!

I'm sorry but what Bernie is proposing doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If he were to run on that platform against a GOP opponent who simply pointed out how the numbers don't even come CLOSE to working...he would go down in flames!
I agree the numbers on his healthcare plan don't add up, but you're being ridiculous if you think republicans' plans do add up. For one thing, no republican in this race has proposed a tax plan to pay for any of the shit they are proposing. You have noticed that right? Trump's ideas alone would cost trillions. Even though Bernie's healthcare plan wouldn't be adequately paid for, at least he actually had a tax policy proposed to pay for it.
Not necessarily!

Politifact Confirms Bernie Sanders' Healthcare Plan Will SAVE Every American Family $1,200/Year
The personal cost to an individual certainly matters. What I was referring to was the cost to tax payer revenue.

Not necessarily!

The personal cost to an individual certainly matters. What I was referring to was the cost to tax payer revenue.
The point of the article is that there will be a nett benefit to individuals and businesses...they will pay more in taxes but save a greater amount on health care.

Not necessarily!

The point of the article is that there will be a nett benefit to individuals and businesses...they will pay more in taxes but save a greater amount on health care.
I agree with that, but the problem is that the tax plan Bernie proposed wouldn't adequately cover the cost. The savings an individual would gain from the proposal is a separate issue.

Not necessarily!

I agree with that, but the problem is that the tax plan Bernie proposed wouldn't adequately cover the cost. The savings an individual would gain from the proposal is a separate issue.
Again...not according expert analysis in the same article
"University of Massachusetts-Amherst health economist Gerald Friedman confirmed that the Sanders plan, with a little refining, would be able to provide comprehensive healthcare to all Americans and still generate an annual surplus of $5.1 billion."

yeah, where have i heard that before! everyone gets healthcare...and it creates a surplus as well! oh, wait...that's if you get the taxes you want on businesses and rich people to pay for it! then when you don't...it ends up costing trillions?

yeah, where have i heard that before! everyone gets healthcare...and it creates a surplus as well! oh, wait...that's if you get the taxes you want on businesses and rich people to pay for it! then when you don't...it ends up costing trillions?
Well..duh!

I supported Bernie but I now believe he should stand down.

It isn't worth losing the presidency and the senate.

Last poll I seen (last night) was that Bernie would be beating Trump today while Hillary keeps losing ground. Now the polls say Trump would beat Hillary.

On the left, I think they have more worries about Bernie running as an Independent. He and his supporters are expressing outrage at the nomination process claiming that it's rigged.

Of course until Cruz dropped out, there was the same outrage on the right as well. But that's been calmed down quite a bit.

Sanders running as an Independent (which he actually is) would guarantee a President Trump.
Bernie isn't stupid. He knows a third party run would be a disasterous idea. If he had any confidence in such an idea, he would have run as an independent from the beginning.

He didn't have the anger at the Democrat party like he does now, and neither did his supporters.

This Trump/Sanders thing is an expression of anger by people in both parties. We are tired of the same ole, same ole and want change. So it seems, neither party seems to be listening, and that makes people even angrier.

With Cruz dropping out, that brought down the fire on the right, but the fire on the left keeps growing now to the point of violence.

On the left, I think they have more worries about Bernie running as an Independent. He and his supporters are expressing outrage at the nomination process claiming that it's rigged.

Of course until Cruz dropped out, there was the same outrage on the right as well. But that's been calmed down quite a bit.

Sanders running as an Independent (which he actually is) would guarantee a President Trump.
Bernie isn't stupid. He knows a third party run would be a disasterous idea. If he had any confidence in such an idea, he would have run as an independent from the beginning.

Let's be honest here, Billy...I don't think even in his wildest dreams that Bernie Sanders thought his Presidential bid would last more than a few months. The only reason it has is that Hillary Clinton is a TERRIBLE candidate!
I agree even he is surprised, but to say his rise is solely because of Hillary's shortcomings is completely stupid. The strength of his campaign from the beginning has been unprecedented:

1) He's raised more in campaign donations than any republican candidate and he did it without the help of a super PAC. Had Hillary or any other republican gone this true grassroots route, their campaigns would be severely underfunded (obviously Trump's self funding is the exception to this). He also holds the record of the most individual campaign contributions than any US candidate in history.

2) Since the beginning he has beaten every republican in hypothetical match up polls.

3) He has the highest favorability rating than any candidate in the race.

Suck on that.

You suck on that marxist.

It not just Bernie's healthcare plans, Billy...it's his plan to provide free college education that's got the young people so jazzed up. How do you pay for that?
That's so easy. You just cut our ridiculously bloated defense budget. We spend 2 trillion on it per year. His college plan would cost, at most, 100 billion per year.
Check your numbers. We don't spend 2 trillion on defense every year.

Remember, when Ralph Nader did this, we got George W. Bush. Trump would be worse.

I've never understood why democrats believe they owned Nader's voters. They didn't.

Regarding the question of Sanders, democrats don't own his voters either .. thus, instead of whining about Sanders or his voters, perhaps the best solution is to put more effort in trying to attract them .. which of course means moving to the Left and a more progressive agenda.

If the Democratic Party doesn't want to do that, then Sanders may well take his voters and do whatever they think is in their best interests .. and the Democratic Party can do the same.

Point being, if the party wants those votes, they better try to earn them.

Not necessarily!

Obama's plan was supposed to save $2000 a year, that didn't work.

I supported Bernie but I now believe he should stand down.

It isn't worth losing the presidency and the senate.

Last poll I seen (last night) was that Bernie would be beating Trump today while Hillary keeps losing ground. Now the polls say Trump would beat Hillary.

Bernie could unite Democrats and Hillary divides Democrats. Democrats that are going with the anti-establishment Bernie, will probably favor the anti-establishment Republican, Trump.

That is why Bernie is beating Trump and why Trump is beating Hillary.

Strange dynamics at work.

Hope so. I don't wanna see the corrupt witch and her rapist husband in there. Go Trump!

Remember, when Ralph Nader did this, we got George W. Bush. Trump would be worse.

Bernie Sanders is NOT going to run as an Independent! The problem for Clinton is that it's quite likely that a percentage of Sanders supporters are going to be so turned off by what they perceive as a "fixed" nomination process...that they don't turn out to vote for Hillary next November.
That's about 90% of Sander's supporters.
Hillary MUST get at least 80% of Sander's supporters to win. Her negro 'fire wall' is going to do what they did in 2014. Sit on the fucking porch.
They KNOW the 'First AA President' did fuck all for them. They KNOW Hillary is just a lying old White multi millionaire bitch who won't do fuck all for them either.

Bernie Sanders is NOT going to run as an Independent! The problem for Clinton is that it's quite likely that a percentage of Sanders supporters are going to be so turned off by what they perceive as a "fixed" nomination process...that they don't turn out to vote for Hillary next November.
That's about 90% of Sander's supporters.
Hillary MUST get at least 80% of Sander's supporters to win. Her negro 'fire wall' is going to do what they did in 2014. Sit on the fucking porch.
They KNOW the 'First AA President' did fuck all for them. They KNOW Hillary is just a lying old White multi millionaire bitch who won't do fuck all for them either.

Only a real moron wouldn't know the difference between turnout in a general election vs turnout in a midterm :0) .. as was 2014.

Clinton's black turn out in the general will be upwards of 90%, as it is for almost all democratic candidates in the general.

Forum List

Back