Costco now requires masks to shop.

Goes right thru it. Only good for you sneezing and not blowing your spittle all over the room. Look at it this way. If you can smell things the virus is making it way in too.
12 years responsible for a Class 10,000 medical clean room.
The molecules of air that allow you to smell a thing are far smaller than dropletes of spittle one might inhale.

This is how I have felt for a long time now that masks only concentrate the virus in the material, and winterwarrior describes that very well here in the comments section:

It is a mistake to require a mask. Not because of a "don't tell me what to do!" argument. It is a mistake medically speaking. It may indeed slow the introduction of a virus directly into the mouse/nostrils, but the damp nature of the mask will act like a massive damp towel. Ever used a Swiffer mop? Add a little moisture (think breath) and that Swiffer mop attracts and retains every little dust bunny it comes across. The mouth and nostrils occupy 1-2 square inches. Place the equivalent of a Swiffer mop across your face and you are now collecting every little viral dust bunny you come across as your face mops through the air. The mask does not kill the virus... When you exhale, the positive pressure gets diffused by exiting both through the material... but most likely through the vast openings to the left and right of the mouth, creating a minor positive pressure against the material. Now... take a deep breath.... those side passages close up and all of your inhale creates a HIGHER negative pressure on the material, pulling loose anything attached to the mask through the material, into your mouth. It is my belief that wearing a face mask that uses porous materials may actually increase your chance of contracting any virus it rakes up from the air you pass through. Your exhaled air droplets get concentrated on the material instead of falling to the ground. If thrown away every 5 minutes, then ok. Toss the mask on the kitchen counter and BOOM, cross contamination.

The same measures (social distancing, masks, hand washing) helps prevent spreading the flu.
Wow, really? Have you told the scientists this? Imagine how surprised they will be to be schooled by an uneducated slob.

So let me get this straight...out of all this time you have had for the last 3 months to sit there and pull your taffy, you still haven't managed to learn why the novel coronavirus outbreak is different than seasonal flu? Embarrassing.

The same measures (social distancing, masks, hand washing) helps prevent spreading the flu.
Wow, really? Have you told the scientists this? Imagine how surprised they will be to be schooled by an uneducated slob.

So let me get this straight...out of all this time you have had for the last 3 months to sit there and pull your taffy, you still haven't managed to learn why the novel coronavirus outbreak is different than seasonal flu? Embarrassing.
I said it's spread the same way dumbass. I didn't say they were the same disease. Don't pick your nose. Your head will cave in.

Forum List

Back