Cost of cost share for employees, does this sound about right?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Seems to me this is no cheaper than the ACA , the insurance companies raised the rates and if you think they are going to come down without the ACA, think again. Also , due to right to work laws, many employers are not going to be helping and offering Health insurance if the Republicans have their way, Read about it.
You who voted Pub, in the long run, just votes against yourself.

I saw an ad for donate to cancer research on TV, why I said, only the rich elites will benefit from it. Save your money , your going to need it for Health insurance even those who cost share at work. Tomorrow you can get fired for no reason, just for being old, over 50, had to lay you off , oh sure you can get a lawyer if you can afford to, and you can get cobra for 18 month, at a high price, then you are on your own. Good luck.

Note - This blog post is based off our new infographic, 7 Truths About The Cost of Health Insurance In America. Check out the full infographic here.

Employers Pay 83 Percent of Health Insurance for Single Coverage

In 2015, the average company-provided health insurance policy totaled $6,251 a year for single coverage. On average, employers paid 83 percent of the premium, or $5,179 a year. Employees paid the remaining 17 percent, or $1,071 a year.

For family coverage, the average policy totaled $17,545 a year with employers contributing, on average, 72 percent or $12,591. Employees paid the remaining 28 percent or $4,955 a year.

Small Employers Contribute Significantly Less to Family Coverage

For small employers, however, the data tells a different story. According to the 2015 KFF/HRET survey, small employers (defined as employers with 3-199 employees) tend to contribute significantly less for family coverage.

For smaller employers:

• The average policy for single coverage totaled $6,163 a year.
  • The average percent paid by employers for single coverage was 85 percent, or $5,264 a year.
  • The average policy for family coverage totaled $16,625 a year.
  • The average percent paid by employers for family coverage was 65 percent, or $10,720 a year.
Average Health Insurance Contribution Paid By Employers, By Employer Size

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

Seems to me this is no cheaper than the ACA , the insurance companies raised the rates and if you think they are going to come down without the ACA, think again. Also , due to right to work laws, many employers are not going to be helping and offering Health insurance if the Republicans have their way, Read about it.
You who voted Pub, in the long run, just voted against yourself.

I saw an ad to donate to cancer research on TV, why I said, only the rich elites will benefit from it. Save your money , your going to need it for Health insurance even those who cost share at work. Tomorrow you can get fired for no reason, just for being old, over 50, had to lay you off , oh sure you can get a lawyer if you can afford to, and you can get cobra for 18 month, at a high price, then you are on your own. Good luck.

Note - This blog post is based off our new infographic, 7 Truths About The Cost of Health Insurance In America. Check out the full infographic here.

In 2015, the average company-provided health insurance policy totaled $6,251 a year for single coverage. On average, employers paid 83 percent of the premium, or $5,179 a year. Employees paid the remaining 17 percent, or $1,071 a year.

For family coverage, the average policy totaled $17,545 a year with employers contributing, on average, 72 percent or $12,591. Employees paid the remaining 28 percent or $4,955 a year.

For small employers, however, the data tells a different story. According to the 2015 KFF/HRET survey, small employers (defined as employers with 3-199 employees) tend to contribute significantly less for family coverage.

For smaller employers:

• The average percent paid by employers for single coverage was 85 percent, or $5,264 a year.
  • The average percent paid by employers for family coverage was 65 percent, or $10,720 a year.

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

I saw an ad for donate to cancer research on TV, why I said, only the rich elites will benefit from it. Save your money , your going to need it for Health insurance even those who cost share at work. Tomorrow you can get fired for no reason, just for being old, over 50, had to lay you off , oh sure you can get a lawyer if you can afford to, and you can get cobra for 18 month, at a high price, then you are on your own. Good luck.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

due to right to work laws, many employers are not going to be helping and offering Healthinsurance if the Republicans have their way

What does RTW have anything to do with it...

Ya know I am really getting sick of liberals on here lying through their teeth hoping to get away with it

My employer pays half of my premiums and 25% of my spouses. Two thousand dollar deductible for each of us before it is 80/20. That means I paid $5140 personally for coverage and an additional $2300 in deductibles this year. Face it, health insurance is already a myth for the middle class. Only the rich or poor can afford to have it and use it.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

Maybe you should work at being a valued employee they don't want to do without.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

I'm retired, but that does not mean I do not believe in affordable health insurance and adequate health care. Your employee can one day not find you to be of value, don't ever count on the goodness of your employer to take care of you.

Last edited:
I'm retired, but that does not mean I do not believe in affordable health insurance and adequate health care. Your employee can one day not find you to be of value, don't ever count on the goodness of your employer to take care of you.
What a bizarre way of thinking. To you an employer is a teat to nurse off of. Businesses should not be involved in your health care, period. Affordable health care is what you feel like affording. If you want to spend your money on pot and get the most minimum coverage, or none at all that should be your business, not mine.

The more government gets involved the more expensive it gets, like everything else. What a nation of dependent needy lemmings modern liberals have become!

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

how about taking care of yourself

What a bizarre way of thinking. To you an employer is a teat to nurse off of. Businesses should not be involved in your health care, period. Affordable health care is what you feel like affording. If you want to spend your money on pot and get the most minimum coverage, or none at all that should be your business, not mine.

The more government gets involved the more expensive it gets, like everything else. What a nation of dependent needy lemmings modern liberals have become!

somehow it has evolved in the liberal mindset

that is their right to be taken care of

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

If you believe in that why do you support Obama care?

Its not health insurance with $6,000 plus deductables.

This is an interesting point really. My employer has a small life insurance policy for me. Of course that coverage is only available as long as I work for that business. I also have two life insurance policies I personally own.

What makes more sense is my employer paying me what ever they feel is adequate in an insurance stipend, then I can use it to fund a policy I think best meets my needs. If I leave that employer, the insurance can follow me to my next job.

This creates a custom plan that doesn't end with a job.

I am just going to wonder out loud here for a moment. What if...

Government mandated catastrophic healthcare coverage? Major stuff that extends beyond $20,000 a year in costs. The reasoning is, when a uncovered individual has a major issue, everyone else ultimately pays for that person's irresponsible behavior.

Anything under that is up to the individual to cover or not cover. You want to get a physical, cut stitched up, bone set, birth control pills or antibiotic you decide if it is out of pocket or a policy choice.

My employer pays half of my premiums and 25% of my spouses. Two thousand dollar deductible for each of us before it is 80/20. That means I paid $5140 personally for coverage and an additional $2300 in deductibles this year. Face it, health insurance is already a myth for the middle class. Only the rich or poor can afford to have it and use it.

My employer pays all my premiums. My wife covers herself through her employer because it's cheaper than me adding her. I cover my kids for less than $50/paycheck and it's a pre tax deduction. The max I will pay out of pocket for myself in a year is $750.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

What you believe in is the government mandating one group of people fund it for another group that won't do for themselves. If you truly cared as much as you say, you'd find all those that you think should have it but don't and pay their premiums with your own money.

As for the employer not finding someone valuable, the doom and gloom didn't work for Hillary and it won't work for you.

My employer pays all my premiums. My wife covers herself through her employer because it's cheaper than me adding her. I cover my kids for less than $50/paycheck and it's a pre tax deduction. The max I will pay out of pocket for myself in a year is $750.
So you saying Obama care didn't effect you?

So you saying Obama care didn't effect you?

Not at all. I used to carry my wife on mine and our copays more than doubled.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

Because I believe in healthcare for all. I know how important it is.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

What you believe in is the government mandating one group of people fund it for another group that won't do for themselves. If you truly cared as much as you say, you'd find all those that you think should have it but don't and pay their premiums with your own money.

As for the employer not finding someone valuable, the doom and gloom didn't work for Hillary and it won't work for you.

Lose your job and then you will be on your wife's, neither of you are self employed if you work for companies that pay your insurance premiums.

What is your issue with the ACA?

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

Lose your job and then you will be on your wife's, neither of you are self employed if you work for companies that pay your insurance premiums.

What is your issue with the ACA?

Still more doom and gloom.

The government involvement in something for which is has no business. That includes far too many specifics to list.

If Obamacare is such a good program and going to do so much for the people, why the requirement? Things that are supposedly that good shouldn't have to be mandated. If I see something that is a good investment, no one needs to force me to do it.

For smaller employers:

Small Employers

Large Employers

All Employers

Single Coverage

85%
$5,264/year

82%
$5,142/year

83%
$5,179/year

Because I believe in healthcare for all. I know how important it is.

then get the government out of the healthcare business

i know how important it is for affordable health care

Forum List

Back