Cory Booker: “If I Had The Power” To Ban Guns “I Would”

Tim McVeigh did not have a gun... Boston Bombers did not have a gun when they blew up the Boston Marathon...

Tim McVeigh had extensive training in explosive as a member of the US Army. So not really a valid comparison.

The Boston Bombers only killed three people. A real slacker compared to these school shooters.

Also will you demand all governments to eliminate their usage of firearms or will you say it is alright for them to mass murder in the name of your version of tyranny?

Guy, if the government wants to mass murder, they're going to do it if you have guns or not, and more often than not, with the wild cheering of their people. Tank beats gun. Bomber Beats Gun. Nuke beats gun.

A fertilizer/fuel oil bomb is hardly high tech.

And we all know the US military isn't going to fire on their family and friends.

The fact that Democratic Presidential hopefuls are able to say things like "If I had the power to ban guns, I would," should give you pause.

Twenty years ago, no one would have dared say that. Of course, no one is going to propose taking all guns away from everyone. That is a brainless scare tactic being pushed by the gun lobby and some of you have gobbled it down like a piece of cake. The fact that politicians are no longer afraid to talk about gun control, though? It shows the people have had enough.

If you don't start compromising and showing some reason, you may lose more than you bargained for. The tide has turned against you and if you try to shoot us, you will wind up dead.

The fact that Democratic Presidential hopefuls are able to say things like "If I had the power to ban guns, I would," should give you pause.

Twenty years ago, no one would have dared say that. Of course, no one is going to propose taking all guns away from everyone. That is a brainless scare tactic being pushed by the gun lobby and some of you have gobbled it down like a piece of cake. The fact that politicians are no longer afraid to talk about gun control, though? It shows the people have had enough.

If you don't start compromising and showing some reason, you may lose more than you bargained for. The tide has turned against you and if you try to shoot us, you will wind up dead.

Oh lard!

The tide has not turned and you are buying into slanted polls and MSM spin as usual...

Oh, I am not a NRA member either...

This is a State's sovereign right secured by our Second Amendment:

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Oh lard!

The tide has not turned and you are buying into slanted polls and MSM spin as usual...

Bruce, I'm not "buying" anything--I am observing something. I don't know what any recent polls say, but the fact that our fwightened little politicians are willing to even say the word "GUNS" should tell you something.

Okay. Just don't be surprised. I tried to tell you.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
Should we kneel, or what?

There are 195 nations in the world.
194 do not have a 2nd Amendment.

Feel free to hop on a plane.

Has it occurred to you the reason why 194 nations don't have something like the Second Amendment is because it's a really stupid idea?

And banning guns will not stop crazies from killing...

Sure it will.

They don't have guns, they can't do mass shootings.

Oh, they might stab or strangle people, but that would take a lot more work.

Yes you would think people having choices and freedom to be a stupid idea.

Should we kneel, or what?
Practice makes Perfect. Guys always fall for that.

What exactly about federal gun laws are inadequate?

QUICK REFERENCE TO
FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS
I. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION BY A PROHIBITED
PERSON:
18 USC § 922(g) & (n). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. May receive
minimum sentence of 15 years without parole if offender has three or more prior
convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession
of offensive weapons) and/or drug trafficking felony.
Elements
A. Possession or receipt of a firearm or ammunition;
B. By a subject who falls within one of the following categories:
Felon - (Additionally, persons awaiting trial on felony charges are prohibited from receiving
firearms.);
Drug user or addict - (Often shown where paraphernalia seized, subject tests positive for drugs
and/or subject claims drugs were possessed for personal use.);
Alien - (Includes illegal aliens and aliens lawfully admitted under non-immigrant visas, i.e., those
aliens not admitted for permanent residence. This provision does not prohibit aliens who lawfully
possess a so-called “green card” from possessing guns or ammunition.);
Is subject to a domestic restraining order - (The order must prohibit contact with an intimate
partner, or child of the subject, and must have been issued only after a hearing of which the
subject was notified and at which the subject had an opportunity to participate. The order must
also find the subject poses a threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child or must
prohibit the use, threatened use or attempted use of physical force.);
Has a prior conviction for domestic assault - (Includes a prior conviction for any assault or
threatened use of a deadly weapon against a present or former spouse or partner or child or
guardian of any such person. The subject must have been entitled to a jury trial and been
represented by counsel in the prior proceeding or be shown to have waived those rights.);
Fugitive from justice - (Fled any state to avoid being prosecuted or to avoid testifying in any
criminal proceeding.); or
Dishonorably discharged from the military; AND
C. The firearm or ammunition was transported across a state line at any time.
II. KNOWINGLY SELL, GIVE OR OTHERWISE DISPOSE OF ANY FIREARM OR
AMMUNITION TO ANY PERSON WHO FALLS WITHIN ONE OF THE ABOVE
CATEGORIES:
1 8 USC § 922(d). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.
III. USE, CARRY OR POSSESS A FIREARM IN RELATION TO OR IN
FURTHERANCE OF A DRUG FELONY OR A FEDERAL CRIME OF
VIOLENCE:
18 USC § 924(c). Punishment ranges from at least 5 years up to life imprisonment,
without parole, or death if death results from use of firearm. Sentence must be
served consecutive to any other sentence. Mandatory minimum sentence increases
depending upon: the type of firearm involved (sawed-off gun, silencer, etc.);
whether more than one offense was committed; and whether gun was simply
possessed or was brandished or discharged.
IV. STOLEN FIREARM, AMMUNITION OR EXPLOSIVE:
18 USC §§842(h); 922(i), (j) & (u). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.
A. May not receive, possess, conceal, store, pledge or accept as security for a loan, barter, sell or
ship or transport across a state line any stolen firearm, ammunition or explosive.
B. May not steal or unlawfully take or carry away a firearm from the person or premises of a
firearms licensee.
V. FIREARM IN A SCHOOL ZONE:
18 USC § 922(q)(2)(A). Punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment.
A. Except as authorized, may not possess or discharge a firearm in a school zone.
VI. KNOWINGLY POSSESS OR MANUFACTURE:
18 USC § 922(k), (o) & (v); 26 USC § 5861. Punishable by up to 5 or 10 years
imprisonment, depending upon specific violation.
A. Any machine gun, fully automatic firearm or any part designed or intended exclusively for
use in such weapon;
B. Any firearm silencer, including any device, or part thereof, designed to silence, muffle or
diminish the report of a firearm;
C. Sawed-off shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18" or overall length less than 26";
D. Sawed-off rifle with a barrel length of less than 16" or overall length less than 26";
E. Destructive device;
F. Semi-automatic assault weapon manufactured after October 1, 1993; OR
G. Any firearm which lacks a serial number or contains an altered or obliterated serial
number.
VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO A JUVENILE:
18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had
reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition,
then up to 10 years imprisonment.
18 USC § 922(b). A firearms licensee faces up to 5 years imprisonment.
A. May not sell, deliver or transfer a handgun or handgun-only ammunition to a person who is
under age 18;
B. A person under age 18 may not possess a handgun or handgun-only ammunition;
(Certain exceptions apply to A & B, such as where juvenile possesses written permission of a
parent.);
C. A firearms licensee may not sell any gun or ammunition to anyone under the age of 18 and
may not sell a handgun or handgun ammunition to a person under the age of 21.
FORFEITURE OF FIREARMS, AMMUNITION & EXPLOSIVES:
18 U.S.C. §924(d) authorizes the seizure and forfeiture of firearms, ammunition and explosives
involved in criminal offenses. However, strict time limitations are imposed. Consult the ATF or
U.S. Attorney’s Office as soon as possible for guidance on forfeiture issues.
TRACING OF FIREARMS:
Firearms information for every firearm, even if only identified during a field interview or
traffic stop, should be sent to ATF for tracing and possible connection to other criminal
activity.
DEFINITION OF “FIREARM”:
Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will expel a projectile by means of an
explosive or is designed or may be readily converted to do so. This includes the frame
or receiver of any such weapon, any firearm muffler or silencer or any destructive device.
A “destructive device” includes any explosive, incendiary or poison gas --- (i)bomb; (ii)
grenade or (iii) similar device, or any combination of parts designed or intended to be
converted into a destructive device, or from which a destructive device may be readily
assembled. Does not include black powder or antique type firearms. 18 USC §921(3).
FOR INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS OR TO MAKE A REFERRAL FOR
PROSECUTION, PLEASE CONTACT:
U.S. ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
District of Utah
801-524-5682
ATF
801-524-7000

Oh lard!

Bruce, I'm not "buying" anything--I am observing something. I don't know what any recent polls say, but the fact that our fwightened little politicians are willing to even say the word "GUNS" should tell you something.

Okay. Just don't be surprised. I tried to tell you.

They have been saying Guns since Reagan shooting, so please try not to play me stupid...

He danced around the question for a while because he knows that gun confiscation isn't popular with democrats either. God only knows where this clown car of democrat party candidates will end up.

Hillary Clinton and Trump winning again...

What exactly about federal gun laws are inadequate?

QUICK REFERENCE TO
FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS
I. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION BY A PROHIBITED
PERSON:
18 USC § 922(g) & (n). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. May receive
minimum sentence of 15 years without parole if offender has three or more prior
convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession
of offensive weapons) and/or drug trafficking felony.
Elements
A. Possession or receipt of a firearm or ammunition;
B. By a subject who falls within one of the following categories:
Felon - (Additionally, persons awaiting trial on felony charges are prohibited from receiving
firearms.);
Drug user or addict - (Often shown where paraphernalia seized, subject tests positive for drugs
and/or subject claims drugs were possessed for personal use.);
Alien - (Includes illegal aliens and aliens lawfully admitted under non-immigrant visas, i.e., those
aliens not admitted for permanent residence. This provision does not prohibit aliens who lawfully
possess a so-called “green card” from possessing guns or ammunition.);
Is subject to a domestic restraining order - (The order must prohibit contact with an intimate
partner, or child of the subject, and must have been issued only after a hearing of which the
subject was notified and at which the subject had an opportunity to participate. The order must
also find the subject poses a threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child or must
prohibit the use, threatened use or attempted use of physical force.);
Has a prior conviction for domestic assault - (Includes a prior conviction for any assault or
threatened use of a deadly weapon against a present or former spouse or partner or child or
guardian of any such person. The subject must have been entitled to a jury trial and been
represented by counsel in the prior proceeding or be shown to have waived those rights.);
Fugitive from justice - (Fled any state to avoid being prosecuted or to avoid testifying in any
criminal proceeding.); or
Dishonorably discharged from the military; AND
C. The firearm or ammunition was transported across a state line at any time.
II. KNOWINGLY SELL, GIVE OR OTHERWISE DISPOSE OF ANY FIREARM OR
AMMUNITION TO ANY PERSON WHO FALLS WITHIN ONE OF THE ABOVE
CATEGORIES:
1 8 USC § 922(d). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.
III. USE, CARRY OR POSSESS A FIREARM IN RELATION TO OR IN
FURTHERANCE OF A DRUG FELONY OR A FEDERAL CRIME OF
VIOLENCE:
18 USC § 924(c). Punishment ranges from at least 5 years up to life imprisonment,
without parole, or death if death results from use of firearm. Sentence must be
served consecutive to any other sentence. Mandatory minimum sentence increases
depending upon: the type of firearm involved (sawed-off gun, silencer, etc.);
whether more than one offense was committed; and whether gun was simply
possessed or was brandished or discharged.
IV. STOLEN FIREARM, AMMUNITION OR EXPLOSIVE:
18 USC §§842(h); 922(i), (j) & (u). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.
A. May not receive, possess, conceal, store, pledge or accept as security for a loan, barter, sell or
ship or transport across a state line any stolen firearm, ammunition or explosive.
B. May not steal or unlawfully take or carry away a firearm from the person or premises of a
firearms licensee.
V. FIREARM IN A SCHOOL ZONE:
18 USC § 922(q)(2)(A). Punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment.
A. Except as authorized, may not possess or discharge a firearm in a school zone.
VI. KNOWINGLY POSSESS OR MANUFACTURE:
18 USC § 922(k), (o) & (v); 26 USC § 5861. Punishable by up to 5 or 10 years
imprisonment, depending upon specific violation.
A. Any machine gun, fully automatic firearm or any part designed or intended exclusively for
use in such weapon;
B. Any firearm silencer, including any device, or part thereof, designed to silence, muffle or
diminish the report of a firearm;
C. Sawed-off shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18" or overall length less than 26";
D. Sawed-off rifle with a barrel length of less than 16" or overall length less than 26";
E. Destructive device;
F. Semi-automatic assault weapon manufactured after October 1, 1993; OR
G. Any firearm which lacks a serial number or contains an altered or obliterated serial
number.
VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO A JUVENILE:
18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had
reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition,
then up to 10 years imprisonment.
18 USC § 922(b). A firearms licensee faces up to 5 years imprisonment.
A. May not sell, deliver or transfer a handgun or handgun-only ammunition to a person who is
under age 18;
B. A person under age 18 may not possess a handgun or handgun-only ammunition;
(Certain exceptions apply to A & B, such as where juvenile possesses written permission of a
parent.);
C. A firearms licensee may not sell any gun or ammunition to anyone under the age of 18 and
may not sell a handgun or handgun ammunition to a person under the age of 21.
FORFEITURE OF FIREARMS, AMMUNITION & EXPLOSIVES:
18 U.S.C. §924(d) authorizes the seizure and forfeiture of firearms, ammunition and explosives
involved in criminal offenses. However, strict time limitations are imposed. Consult the ATF or
U.S. Attorney’s Office as soon as possible for guidance on forfeiture issues.
TRACING OF FIREARMS:
Firearms information for every firearm, even if only identified during a field interview or
traffic stop, should be sent to ATF for tracing and possible connection to other criminal
activity.
DEFINITION OF “FIREARM”:
Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will expel a projectile by means of an
explosive or is designed or may be readily converted to do so. This includes the frame
or receiver of any such weapon, any firearm muffler or silencer or any destructive device.
A “destructive device” includes any explosive, incendiary or poison gas --- (i)bomb; (ii)
grenade or (iii) similar device, or any combination of parts designed or intended to be
converted into a destructive device, or from which a destructive device may be readily
assembled. Does not include black powder or antique type firearms. 18 USC §921(3).
FOR INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS OR TO MAKE A REFERRAL FOR
PROSECUTION, PLEASE CONTACT:
U.S. ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
District of Utah
801-524-5682
ATF
801-524-7000
Leftards scream for better laws then when you ask for details they runaway.

There are 195 nations in the world.
194 do not have a 2nd Amendment.

Feel free to hop on a plane.

Has it occurred to you the reason why 194 nations don't have something like the Second Amendment is because it's a really stupid idea?

And banning guns will not stop crazies from killing...

Sure it will.

They don't have guns, they can't do mass shootings.

Oh, they might stab or strangle people, but that would take a lot more work.

Feel free to relocate. You already don’t think America is the greatest nation on earth, yet you keep who you think is better a secret. Just go to your paradise. Don’t let the door hit you, Commie.

Tim McVeigh did not have a gun... Boston Bombers did not have a gun when they blew up the Boston Marathon...

Tim McVeigh had extensive training in explosive as a member of the US Army. So not really a valid comparison.

The Boston Bombers only killed three people. A real slacker compared to these school shooters.

Also will you demand all governments to eliminate their usage of firearms or will you say it is alright for them to mass murder in the name of your version of tyranny?

Guy, if the government wants to mass murder, they're going to do it if you have guns or not, and more often than not, with the wild cheering of their people. Tank beats gun. Bomber Beats Gun. Nuke beats gun.

So democrats will send tanks to peoples homes to confiscate guns? Democrats are going to make it easy for TRUMP to get re-elected....

Forum List

Back