Cori Bush Says Ban On Gas Stoves Is Actually Just ‘Regulating Indoor Air Pollution’

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Missouri Democratic Rep. Cori Bush said Wednesday during a hearing that regulating gas stoves is really just about regulating “indoor air pollution.”

Bush was giving her opening testimony during an Oversight Committee hearing about the need to regulate the common household appliance.

“I wish my Republican colleagues were as concerned about black and brown communities on the front lines of our climate crisis as they are about an appliance,” Bush said.

“This proposed rule is not a ban on gas stoves,” Bush insisted. “This proposed rule is not a ban on gas stoves! We are regulating indoor air pollution.”

Progs are the most stupid people on the planet.

Missouri Democratic Rep. Cori Bush said Wednesday during a hearing that regulating gas stoves is really just about regulating “indoor air pollution.”

Bush was giving her opening testimony during an Oversight Committee hearing about the need to regulate the common household appliance.

“I wish my Republican colleagues were as concerned about black and brown communities on the front lines of our climate crisis as they are about an appliance,” Bush said.

“This proposed rule is not a ban on gas stoves,” Bush insisted. “This proposed rule is not a ban on gas stoves! We are regulating indoor air pollution.”

So they first come for your AR-15s then they come for your Gas Stoves, then they come for your Children. I mean if you cant cook for your kids, then they can accuse you of child neglect and if you dont have a weapon to protect your children they can just walk in and abscond with them.....

When I were a young’un, I seen a group of vigilante gas stoves round up a negro and lynch him on a big old oak tree!

The hazards of gas stoves will be a tough sell to all the healthy 70, 80, 90+ year olds who grew up with gas stoves. My Aunt Betty is 96, still drives, walks without cane or other assistance, trots up and down stairs like a 20 year old and she has never used anything other than a gas stove in her life until she moved into an independent living facility in March.

Gas cook tops are the norm in all restaurants because gas is so much easier to adjust to correct temperatures than is an electric stove.

Also cheaper to use.

The gas stove top has been a life saver to millions when the power is out and gas furnaces can't fire without electricity.

And I really wonder how many wind and solar farms it will take to run all U.S. cook stoves, home and business heating, plus all transportation modes? And it's a given that banning gas stoves will also ban gasoline run generators etc. if you can even find fuel for those generators when the oil industry is forced out of the fuel business entirely.

And if the power grid fails I guess we just accept that everybody freezes in winter.

And I'm guessing, but think it is quite likely a very good guess, that once the petroleum industry is effectively destroyed and defunct and we ALL are using green energy in one way or another, it won't make more than a miniscule, maybe immeasurable difference in climate change.

But Cori Bush can feel righteous.

The hazards of gas stoves will be a tough sell to all the healthy 70, 80, 90+ year olds who grew up with gas stoves. My Aunt Betty is 96, still drives, walks without cane or other assistance, trots up and down stairs like a 20 year old and she has never used anything other than a gas stove in her life until she moved into an independent living facility in March.

Gas cook tops are the norm in all restaurants because gas is so much easier to adjust to correct temperatures than is an electric stove.

Also cheaper to use.

The gas stove top has been a life saver to millions when the power is out and gas furnaces can't fire without electricity.

And I really wonder how many wind and solar farms it will take to run all U.S. cook stoves, home and business heating, plus all transportation modes? And it's a given that banning gas stoves will also ban gasoline run generators etc. if you can even find fuel for those generators when the oil industry is forced out of the fuel business entirely.

And if the power grid fails I guess we just accept that everybody freezes in winter.

And I'm guessing, but think it is quite likely a very good guess, that once the petroleum industry is effectively destroyed and defunct and we ALL are using green energy in one way or another, it won't make more than a miniscule, maybe immeasurable difference in climate change.

But Cori Bush can feel righteous.
How in the world did us older adults survive? Gas stoves, no bike helmets, no seatbelts, gasoline with no alcohol......According to the new 'safety Karens' we should have died a long time ago.

How in the world did us older adults survive? Gas stoves, no bike helmets, no seatbelts, gasoline with no alcohol......According to the new 'safety Karens' we should have died a long time ago.
I mean, boomers are incredibly unhealthy so maybe you shouldn’t be bragging.

LOL no kidding.

Seriously almost everything we do comes with a risk and gas stoves are no different. Of course they should be made as safe and non polluting as possible. But there are so many things that threaten humankind and other living things so much more than gas stoves.

Of course reasonable care and precautions are justified. But leave the technology up to the private sector that has always found ways to make things better, safer, more effective as the world has needed that. Sledge hammer legislation is almost never ever a good thing.

LOL no kidding.

Seriously almost everything we do comes with a risk and gas stoves are no different. Of course they should be made as safe and non polluting as possible. But there are so many things that threaten humankind and other living things so much more than gas stoves.

Of course reasonable care and precautions are justified. But leave the technology up to the private sector that has always found ways to make things better, safer, more effective as the world has needed that. Sledge hammer legislation is almost never ever a good thing.
CO2 isnt a pollutant...Marxists/Democrats would know this except they dont teach it in Science anymore.

There is no ban on gas stoves.

Cori Bush is indoor air pollution when she opens her mouth.

Forum List

Back