Cops: We are leaving

One of my former coworkers was a retired Cleveland police officer. I forget the event now that was similar to this one, but at the time he said "WTF do they want us to do? If a person starts fighting with us, we're supposed to say, okay, we won't arrest you today, maybe we'll arrest you another time when you're in a better mood??"

Contrary to so many false beliefs out there, police don't like arresting people they don't have to. We only see the arrest on dash cams or on television shows. What happens afterwards is the suspect fighting them in the jail, filling out police reports, having to go to court to testify...... it's a lot more work than just slapping cuffs on and giving the person a ride to the station.

Which again, begs the question of why they arrest people for minor infractions and then let it escalate into something lethal.

In this case. They had the guy's name. They had his car. So he runs away. Eventually you catch up with him after he's sobered up a bit and realized just how bad he fucked up. Or you continue to chase him until he gets tired. What you don't do is shoot him in the back twice.

I understand how you feel the need to side with evil. Most leftists do. But if we allow people to run away from police while being detained or arrested, then every one of them will do it because they know the cops won't do anything about it. What makes you think this guy couldn't endure the police in a foot chase? Even drunk, he was able to fight both of them off, steal one of the officers weapon, and obviously had more strength than the both of them combined.

But you know Dr. Joe, we can meet half-way on this. Make policy that police don't chase a guy like this, but once caught, an automatic ten year prison sentence for fighting and running away from the police. I think I can agree to that.

You have to go farther than that..... you have to immunize the police from law suits by the family of morons like this, who run from police and then, since they are drunk, get hit by a car or die from some other way........

Too many times you will see the police and towns sued if they let a drunk drive away and then they kill people......

From this point forward, it should be police policy to not chase any criminals.....and to simply take statements after the fact....

I also support the National "Day without a Cop," idea.......I created that and I hope they do it...

Yes, another one pandering to the public probably for votes. Since the charge is phony, what are you going to say if evidence reveals that the officer was justified in the shooting? Who are you going to blame then? Prosecutor doing his job? You mean like the prosecutor who charged six Baltimore police officers that were all fund not guilty?

The ground has shifted. The reason why the thug cops were found not guilty is that they couldn't pinpoint which one of them actually broke Freddy Gray's neck.

They can clearly pinpoint which cop shot a man in the back over a parking violation.

It has nothing to do with it. First off, one persons opinion does not make it Gospel. We've all had issues with past employers at one time or another. This persons opinion is not relevant to the case. Secondly, the question is not mental competency, the question was if the officer broke any laws, which clearly he did not. Upon seeing a gun being pulled out of the kids pants, he shot in self-defense.

It wasn't a gun. It was a toy and it wasn't visible.
His judgement is definitely an issue.
The guy had to be disarmed on a gun range because he was CRYING over his girlfriend dumping him. That wasn't an opinion, that was documented fact.

Which didn't come out until later, and he could easily be mistaken for an adult. He was only a few months from legally being considered an adult.

But he wasn't an adult. He wasn't doing anything wrong.

Look, I know this is a hard thing for you to grasp, black people are sick of this shit. It needs to stop. It should have never gotten to the point of riots to get it to stop.

You lying piece of shit........375 million interactions with the police.....and you could care less that young black males kill thousands of other black males.....every single year...but 9 deaths of criminals gets you all mushy inside......while 19 whites are killed by police and yet no one cares............

Yes, another one pandering to the public probably for votes. Since the charge is phony, what are you going to say if evidence reveals that the officer was justified in the shooting? Who are you going to blame then? Prosecutor doing his job? You mean like the prosecutor who charged six Baltimore police officers that were all fund not guilty?

The ground has shifted. The reason why the thug cops were found not guilty is that they couldn't pinpoint which one of them actually broke Freddy Gray's neck.

They can clearly pinpoint which cop shot a man in the back over a parking violation.

It has nothing to do with it. First off, one persons opinion does not make it Gospel. We've all had issues with past employers at one time or another. This persons opinion is not relevant to the case. Secondly, the question is not mental competency, the question was if the officer broke any laws, which clearly he did not. Upon seeing a gun being pulled out of the kids pants, he shot in self-defense.

The guy had to be disarmed on a gun range because he was CRYING over his girlfriend dumping him. That wasn't an opinion, that was documented fact.

Which didn't come out until later, and he could easily be mistaken for an adult. He was only a few months from legally being considered an adult.

Look, I know this is a hard thing for you to grasp, black people are sick of this shit. It needs to stop. It should have never gotten to the point of riots to get it to stop.

He was drunk and operating a motor vehicle and in violation of his release from prison you dope.

The guy was a violent criminal with charges of violence against children......and now he is another saint for the democrat party...

I remember the days when Civil Rights saints were law abiding, good people.......

You have to go farther than that..... you have to immunize the police from law suits by the family of morons like this, who run from police and then, since they are drunk, get hit by a car or die from some other way........

Too many times you will see the police and towns sued if they let a drunk drive away and then they kill people......

From this point forward, it should be police policy to not chase any criminals.....and to simply take statements after the fact....

I also support the National "Day without a Cop," idea.......I created that and I hope they do it...

And then most of the time, we would find they really don't make that much of a difference.

Most of the time I've had to call a cop, they arrived too late to do any good. Isn't this the argument you guys make of why yous gots to have you a gun? Cops never arrive in time, so you need to be able to shoot the bad guy. (Not that it ever happens that way, but you can dream.)

Here's a crazy idea. How about cops take drunks into custody without shooting them.

And then most of the time, we would find they really don't make that much of a difference.

Most of the time I've had to call a cop, they arrived too late to do any good. Isn't this the argument you guys make of why yous gots to have you a gun? Cops never arrive in time, so you need to be able to shoot the bad guy. (Not that it ever happens that way, but you can dream.)

Here's a crazy idea. How about cops take drunks into custody without shooting them.

How about drunks don't attack the police then steal their tasers...which the Georgia DA called a deadly weapon.......how about we start there?

How about drunks don't attack the police then steal their tasers...which the Georgia DA called a deadly weapon.......how about we start there?

They shouldn't but the punishment shouldn't be to get shot in the back.

He didn't shoot him when his back was turned...he drew and fired as the guy was firing the taser..........you know, these actions don't happen in slow motion........and reaction time is effected by adrenaline dumped into the system because of the violent struggle.....

He didn't shoot him when his back was turned...he drew and fired as the guy was firing the taser..........you know, these actions don't happen in slow motion........and reaction time is effected by adrenaline dumped into the system because of the violent struggle.....

Shot him twice in the back.

Isn't that what the officer tried to do? How about this: When an officer is in the process of arresting you, don't physically assault him.

One of my former coworkers was a retired Cleveland police officer. I forget the event now that was similar to this one, but at the time he said "WTF do they want us to do? If a person starts fighting with us, we're supposed to say, okay, we won't arrest you today, maybe we'll arrest you another time when you're in a better mood??"

Contrary to so many false beliefs out there, police don't like arresting people they don't have to. We only see the arrest on dash cams or on television shows. What happens afterwards is the suspect fighting them in the jail, filling out police reports, having to go to court to testify...... it's a lot more work than just slapping cuffs on and giving the person a ride to the station.

Which again, begs the question of why they arrest people for minor infractions and then let it escalate into something lethal.

In this case. They had the guy's name. They had his car. So he runs away. Eventually you catch up with him after he's sobered up a bit and realized just how bad he fucked up. Or you continue to chase him until he gets tired. What you don't do is shoot him in the back twice.

I understand how you feel the need to side with evil. Most leftists do. But if we allow people to run away from police while being detained or arrested, then every one of them will do it because they know the cops won't do anything about it. What makes you think this guy couldn't endure the police in a foot chase? Even drunk, he was able to fight both of them off, steal one of the officers weapon, and obviously had more strength than the both of them combined.

But you know Dr. Joe, we can meet half-way on this. Make policy that police don't chase a guy like this, but once caught, an automatic ten year prison sentence for fighting and running away from the police. I think I can agree to that.

We had one case here a few years back. The police had a warrant for a lowlife for armed robbery. They got a search warrant, and the mother of the little beast had to let police in. They went to his room, and nobody there. When they started searching, he jumped out of a closet with a knife and was killed. This pig mother tried to sue the officers stating he never had a knife. The knife was found on the floor where they dropped the little bastard.

I think police should be not be held liable for a justified shooting. I think it should be the same way with armed citizens.

After what happened in Buffalo and Atlanta, all police officers should resign. They should stick it to the liberals in government.

Then we replace them with new guys... No problem.

A lot of these police departments, they SHOULD start over.

WTF would want to be a cop in a liberal city today? You're simply not going to get the quality of police we did in years past. It's not worth the money.

We had one case here a few years back. The police had a warrant for a lowlife for armed robbery. They got a search warrant, and the mother of the little beast had to let police in. They went to his room, and nobody there. When they started searching, he jumped out of a closet with a knife and was killed. This pig mother tried to sue the officers stating he never had a knife. The knife was found on the floor where they dropped the little bastard.

I think police should be not be held liable for a justified shooting. I think it should be the same way with armed citizens.

That's why no charges were filed against Kenneth Walker.

The criminal code needs to be changed. It is a book of money and authoritarian dictums. Reforms without that means nothing.

They know who broke his neck, Freddy did. Another prisoner in the van stated he was jumping around all over the place. You can't do that in a moving van without the risk of getting hurt.

Liar. He was not shot in the back over a parking violation. He was shot in the back for deploying a deadly weapon at a police officer. Perfectly legal grounds for self defense.

So what, the guy was hurting over a breakup. 100% meaningless in the Rice case. It only proves the guy has feelings.

Sorry, pointing a gun at passing cars is against the law. Pulling out a gun on a police officer is against the law.

You make a great case for segregation. Let blacks live in one area, with black businesses, black local government, and black police officers. Whites do the same. Then everybody is happy.

They know who broke his neck, Freddy did. Another prisoner in the van stated he was jumping around all over the place. You can't do that in a moving van without the risk of getting hurt.

The police violated his rights by arresting him. They had NO justification for arresting him in the first place.

It's not a stretch to think what officers in a police force that killed one of their own because he was going to testify against them would do.

The police violated his rights by arresting him. They had NO justification for arresting him in the first place.

It's not a stretch to think what officers in a police force that killed one of their own because he was going to testify against them would do.

You leftists really live in dreamland. Police were targeting that area because of violent crime and high drug sales. They were on bike patrol, and when Freddy seen them, he took off like a bat out of hell. They caught up with him and found a switchblade knife in his pocket, which was clearly illegal. Switchblades have been illegal for decades.

So what could he have testified against the officers with? They did everything by the book, and Freddy was found with an illegal concealed weapon.

You leftists really live in dreamland. Police were targeting that area because of violent crime and high drug sales. They were on bike patrol, and when Freddy seen them, he took off like a bat out of hell. They caught up with him and found a switchblade knife in his pocket, which was clearly illegal. Switchblades have been illegal for decades.

So what could he have testified against the officers with? They did everything by the book, and Freddy was found with an illegal concealed weapon.

No, they found a knife. That is legal. A bunch of cops were also charged and found guilty of planting evidence so it's understandable why people would run (which is also not illegal).

Forum List

Back