Cops Seize Combat Vet's Life Savings

I was actually pulled over in Nevada on my way from California to Arizona. Same song and dance. I knew exactly what they were about, that they were fishing for a large bundle of cash, and told them so. But I only had about $50. Folks in northern Arizona are well acquainted with this practice. Nevada is especially notorious for this.

"Not true," he said.

Sure, and my name's Roger Rabbit.

Northern Nevada on I-80 has been a hotspot for civil asset forfeiture for years.

This is no longer the America i grew up in......:confused: ~S~
Sure it is, just like the pendulum I mention is some of my threads, as it swing too far one direction and then is force back by the people. This is true of the judiciary and even in the cases of Civil Asset Forfeiture. Some states have moved to reign it in. Some judges are taking a harder line look at it also. Here is another from Steve Lehto, my favorite You Tube lawyer from up in Michigan.

Northern Nevada on I-80 has been a hotspot for civil asset forfeiture for years.
For sure, but I was on 580 at the time as we detoured through Reno for a little RR. I had just moved from San Diego to Arizona and still had California plates. My wife and I returned with a small trailer in tow to pick up remaining items we had in storage. My neighbors had already warned me, so I knew what the cop was up to. I doubt he would have stopped me if I had plates that "ran a northern Arizona residence." They know that northern Arizonians are hip.

He pulled me over because he was concerned about my rear tires. They looked low to him. It was all about my safety till it wasn't. Funny thing, my tires were just fine but I was asked if I would consent to a search of my vehicle and trailer. That's when I told him I only had $50 in cash. My wife, bless her heart, told him that he should be ashamed of himself. LOL!

And he was an idiot for not exercising his rights. He didn't need to answer that pig when it asked him where he was coming from, where he was going, or if he had cash in the vehicle. And he didn't need to consent to a search.

He stupidly and voluntarily gave up his 4th and 5th amendment rights.

Your constitutional rights don't mean jack shit if you stupidly choose not to exercise them.
I tend to agree with you. Then again when Don and Dorthy were pulled over all those years ago they did not give permission to be searched and when the cops got nasty with them Dorthy mouthed off because she knew their rights were being violated.

Can't recall the guy's name right now, but he did an exposé on I-40.
Lots of people. I think we're kinda famous for it.

Lots of people. I think we're kinda famous for it.
The one I saw was done by the guy who used to be on 60 Minutes I think. Today he's a well-known libertarian.

Rules for carrying currency in large amounts. And you can read the rules via that site.
your link doesnt provide any law or statute that backs up the claim,,

Money dog. Probably gets a treat when they find money also. I kind of doubt they yell "Damn, Dog" All you found was a few thousand bucks and no drugs anywhere you worthless piece of sh#t!"
I expect drug dogs quickly become money dogs.
I seem to remember some research back in the eighties that said ALL paper money had drug residue on it.

that seems to be the norm these days W6

~S~
Always has been. We are just more surprised at how far it swings, depending on where we are, our experience and last but not least our reading habits (for those of us that still choose to read news to get the background), rather than listen to our favorite talking head network, left or right. If people read on primary source or listen to one primary source, reality can be skewed, as that is often the intent of the sources, even if report factually.

Forum List

Back