Copper thieves fried to death

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
This is shocking..

Thieves are electrocuted and die in lighting facility | Daily Mail Online

Would-be thieves are electrocuted by 24,000-volt transformer and die inside Detroit lighting facility while attempting to steal copper wire
By Mary Kekatos For Dailymail.com21:06 30 Dec 2017, updated 22:16 30 Dec 2017

47A635FC00000578-0-image-a-67_1514671933763.jpg

I smell lawsuit. Lawyers will present it as they were there looking for protection from the cold. Detroit jury would side against big bad electric company and so a settlement will be reached before it gets that far.

Last edited:
Well, I guess it will be a happy new year after all!

GOOD. EXCELLENT. Maybe some of their fellow thieves will finally learn that electric facilities are NOT the place to steal Copper from.

I work for an electric utility company. We have numerous attempted and occasional successful copper thefts. Some of out cable has stranded or solid copper cores. Huge prize for these fuckers if they can get it.

In December of 2007 I was the on-call system operator when we had a fatality in one of our substations from attempted copper theft. The perp looked like a hot dog that was cooked from the inside out. The mental image still disgusts me.

Most every copper thief in Detroit is stealing copper to finance their crack cocaine habit.

There's no better way to cure a crackhead than 24,000 volts at a couple hundred amps.

Most every copper thief in Detroit is stealing copper to finance their crack cocaine habit.

There's no better way to cure a crackhead than 24,000 volts at a couple hundred amps.

Taxpayer relief.

Electric chair without the expense.

They found him the next morning, still holding the wires.

When we lived in the ghetto they used to steal all the copper out of the churches air conditioners.

Forum List

Back