Zone1 Cop doesn't believe black people own stores

ThomasSowellsFro

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2022
Cops stop to question a group of black people in their store. He doesn't believe their word, but a random white guy from across the way yells that it is their store, and they immediately take it as the gospel truth. Can anyone explain why the cops didn't believe the black man, but did believe the white man? He's a random white guy with zero credibility, and for all we know, if they were really trying to rob the place, he could have been in on it. It's yet another example of racism and white privilege. It's also a very tough lesson for my African immigrant brothas who think they can take off their blackness, and distinguish themselves from FBAs.

Imagine a cop taking the word of someone he does not know and than catching shit for leaving and letting the black owned business get robbed....
Then your post would read cop leaves crooks to steal from black owned store because he is.....RACIST.......

Ever ask yourself why people are suspicious of black people?
Do you think white babies are suspicious of black babies or is it something they might learn from experience as they grow older?
Do you ever consider it might be the behavior of a minority in the black race that causes so many problems throughout their communities?
Would black peoples lives be better if they stood up & repudiated the gangsta culture & expected all to follow the rule of law?
Would ditching the "snitches get stitches" mentality of inner city poverty plantations contribute to a greater sense of trust between the black community & LEO?
Would a better relationship with law enforcement help their community?
Maybe a little introspection is called for?

• Banned
Imagine a cop taking the word of someone he does not know and than catching shit for leaving and letting the black owned business get robbed....
Then your post would read cop leaves crooks to steal from black owned store because he is.....RACIST.......
It don't work like that. You don't just get to go around and accuse black people of crimes because of your racial bias, and assume crimes. If it were white people in the building, he wouldn't have said squat. White privilege.

Cops stop to question a group of black people in their store. He doesn't believe their word, but a random white guy from across the way yells that it is their store, and they immediately take it as the gospel truth. Can anyone explain why the cops didn't believe the black man, but did believe the white man? He's a random white guy with zero credibility, and for all we know, if they were really trying to rob the place, he could have been in on it. It's yet another example of racism and white privilege. It's also a very tough lesson for my African immigrant brothas who think they can take off their blackness, and distinguish themselves from FBAs.

Oh look, another cherry pick thread bashing ALL Cops for the actions of ONE Cop. Try again rookie.

• Banned
Ever ask yourself why people are suspicious of black people?
Do you think white babies are suspicious of black babies or is it something they might learn from experience as they grow older?
Do you ever consider it might be the behavior of a minority in the black race that causes so many problems throughout their communities?
Would black peoples lives be better if they stood up & repudiated the gangsta culture & expected all to follow the rule of law?
Would ditching the "snitches get stitches" mentality of inner city poverty plantations contribute to a greater sense of trust between the black community & LEO?
Would a better relationship with law enforcement help their community?
Maybe a little introspection is called for?
It's interesting, because when woke people say the same about whites or cops, you cry racism. Perhaps whites are warranting of the suspicion by woke people like me, or does the argument change because they have the right skin color?

Picture the alternative.

Cop responds to a call of a possible break in at location. A possible suspect is seen and asked some questions. His story is that he owns the store. But — and follow along here, Tom — in this hypothetical, the guy is lying. He is not the store’s owner. He is, in fact, the very guy who was spotted by the citizen who called in the possible break in. Not only does he have a long criminal record of burglaries and trespass, but he’s actually wanted on an outstanding warrant.

But cop, being an amiable fellow, doesn’t hesitate to take the guy at his word and off goes the wanted man. (Not an ideal outcome.) Does it matter if the suspect is white or black or Asian or Hispanic or whatever? Nope. The cop’s job is to consider such possibilities. Doing so isn’t racism.

So, the other guy is just some random black guy with zero credibility.

Why should they have taken his word as gospel?
That's not how it works. Innocence until proven guilty. For example, if I'm sitting in my car at the Walmart, I don't have to demonstrate that I own the car or didn't steal it, just because I'm black and most cops are racist. There's this thin called probable cause. He had zero probably cause, and the courts that awarded this man $$$ agree with me.

Cops stop to question a group of black people in their store.
First of all, I commend USMB for finally taking my advice after years, adding a nailed-up banner identifying the zone the page is in! :happy-1:
Second of all, don't you just love people using racial thinking to complain about the perception of racism in others?

He doesn't believe their word, but a random white guy from across the way yells that it is their store, and they immediately take it as the gospel truth. Can anyone explain why the cops didn't believe the black man, but did believe the white man?
Yes, first of all, why do you assume there was any racism involved or that the color of skin mattered in the owners or the other guy? Second of all, getting confirmation from the other party lends credibility to the owners claim, not because of black/white, but because the third party didn't appear aligned with the first group (of owners). Wouldn't that hold true regardless of anyone's skin color?

Lastly, you can thank BLM and all of the rioting in 2020 in 350 cities. Call them and thank them. First of all, black groups riot at the drop of a pin in Baltimore, that other city in the Midwest (Ferguson?), in LA, then for 5 months straight in 2020 doing billions in damage, looting stores, etc. Look up some video and you will see mostly black people. Do blacks ever stop to think how this makes them look to police? If they are profiling a group of blacks in a store as possible robbery suspects, it is probably because more often than not, that is what Blacks ARE DOING in similar circumstances.

So, you see, the way to end profiling is not by attacking police again but by taking responsibility and more blacks acting more civil in society to gradually dispel the perception.

Put another way, if every time I went outside a robin swooped pecking at my head, I'd soon start worrying about and watching out for robins. Not because I'm anti-bird, just that this is the natural and rational assumption people make with time and experience when they see consistent PATTERNS OF BEHAVIOR.

That's not how it works. Innocence until proven guilty. For example, if I'm sitting in my car at the Walmart, I don't have to demonstrate that I own the car or didn't steal it, just because I'm black and most cops are racist. There's this thin called probable cause. He had zero probably cause, and the courts that awarded this man $$$ agree with me.

You didn't answer the question...

1655322895653.png

The only thing I saw in the video was a couple of racists bitching about how they don't have to show or prove anything when asked. I've been asked to show that I have a retail license, drivers license, social security card, DD214, and many other papers, for proof. So bitching about how it's racist is BS.

On the other hand a city official showing up at my home to do a local yearly city health and safety inspection is BS and they better have a police officer in tow with a search warrant.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Picture the alternative.

Cop responds to a call of a possible break in at location. A possible suspect is seen and asked some questions. His story is that he owns the store. But — and follow along here, Tom — in this hypothetical, the guy is lying. He is not the store’s owner. He is, in fact, the very guy who was spotted by the citizen who called in the possible break in. Not only does he have a long criminal record of burglaries and trespass, but he’s actually wanted on an outstanding warrant.

But cop, being an amiable fellow, doesn’t hesitate to take the guy at his word and off goes the wanted man. (Not an ideal outcome.) Does it matter if the suspect is white or black or Asian or Hispanic or whatever? Nope. The cop’s job is to consider such possibilities. Doing so isn’t racism.
Let's stick to what actually happened: No such call was made. The location was not in fact broken in to. He saw black people and called it a day.

If your hypothetical actually happened, literally no one would take issue with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That wasn't the case, didn't happen, and to suggest it would play out that way is only your preferred prejudice showing ... :thup:

I've seen it plenty of times. Black perceptions are the sum total of their experiences with white people. Muy prejudice is base din fact, and if it wasn't, the presumption would still be justified.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

If I was a cop, and it was the only clothing store with the lights on and people inside at 1:00 in the morning, I would have wanted to check to make sure it was AOK and not something nefarious also. Not because the people were black, but because beat cops get used to the normal store hours. The store owner or employee or whatever, was looking for racism, so he created it in his mind and reacted to it. When the supervisor arrived, the "white guy"(if that is what he was, as not shown) from down the street, just realized what was going on, and spoke to inform and assist in avoiding confusion. For all we know, it could have been somebody the beat cop was familiar with. The story doesn't say. Store owner/employee attitude in meeting the beat cop, is what led to the event. The cops were there to insure, store was not being robbed, and that all was ok, but the store guy, wanted to make a problem of it. He should have been glad the police routinely watched out for his store as possible, during hours it was usually known to be closed.

Forum List

Back