Got a new knife for Prime Day...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I REALLY wanted a Kizer Sheepdog or Sheepdog XL...been looking at them for a few years... But at $70 and $100 respectively, I have to pass...

... But...I found this CJRB Crag on discount for $34 with free shipping that's pretty darn close...it came today and I have to say I really like it.

I'll post some links below.

The one I bought is exactly like the one in this video...but the non-coated blade with G10 or carbon fiber handles are $38 plus 20% off and this black coated with red accents and black carbon fiber handle is $44 plus a $10 off coupon...$34 total with free shipping (same price at bladehq but add shipping)

Screenshot_20220716-220526-256.png

Screenshot_20220716-221033.png

Also features ceramic ball bearing flipper.

CJRB CUTLERY Folding Knife Crag (J1904) AR-RPM9 Powder Steel Black PVD Blade Carbon Fiber Handle Pocket Knife EDC Knife https://a.co/d/3gLT1e2

CJRB Crag Tactical Knife,Cleaver Pocket Folding Knife with Stonewash D2 Steel Blade and Carbon Fiber Handle for Men Outdoor, Survival, Camping and EDC (J1904R) https://a.co/d/80d0ffL

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that steel. Sounds like a new mystery steel alloyed in a way with some elements from beyond to outperform at its price point trying to compete with some very high end steels.

I saw a Gerber at Walmart that looked pretty much like that. Not sure if it was spring-assisted, but it did have that tanto point on the blade.

In my EDC journey I've ended up at Spyderco Chaparral lightweight in CTS-XHP. I've moved past ball bearing pivots. Too, I like the extra hardness XHP exhibits.

I'm not familiar with that steel. Sounds like a new mystery steel alloyed in a way with some elements from beyond to outperform at its price point trying to compete with some very high end steels.
The rare earth components appear to be impurities...

90 carbon and 60 nickel and high alloy, look like some pretty tough stuff.

I use some powder metal tool steels, tool life is equal or better than M42 Cobalt.

I saw a Gerber at Walmart that looked pretty much like that. Not sure if it was spring-assisted, but it did have that tanto point on the blade.
I bought a Gerber Flatiron last year and wasn't the least bit impressed with it.

I have no idea where it is right now and honestly don't care to know.

Nothing against Gerber... But I the Flatiron was not for me.

In my EDC journey I've ended up at Spyderco Chaparral lightweight in CTS-XHP. I've moved past ball bearing pivots. Too, I like the extra hardness XHP exhibits.
Too rich for my blood.

Been carrying a Kershaw Leek for a few years now.

Pics...

IMG_20220717_221650588_HDR~2.jpg

Forum List

Back