Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
My kids all love these.

Attachments

• 20231230_132100.jpg
    20231230_132100.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 3
My kids all love these.

Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies, of course. A tin of those retails about $4.68 in most stores, but I found an Amish dent and bent store that's selling them for $1.25. We grabbed three tins of them a couple weeks ago, they don't even expire until June '24.

cookies.jpg

Just about my fave, bit I can no longer eat them. :crying:

I guess my home made full-fat huckleberry cheesecake would not be on your diet. LOL. I still have a quarter of a 10 incher left from Christmas. The kids only ate one quarter of it and the wife is on a low fat diet soooooo, I've been eating it daily--large pieces. It is delicious but sooooo rich. It will be a long time before I bake another one.

I guess my home made full-fat huckleberry cheesecake would not be on your diet. LOL. I still have a quarter of a 10 incher left from Christmas. The kids only ate one quarter of it and the wife is on a low fat diet soooooo, I've been eating it daily--large pieces. It is delicious but sooooo rich. It will be a long time before I bake another one.

Surprisingly, I do okay with gluten free cheesecake -- can't get enough of it, the more fat the better. However, I think huckleberries are out. I learned to love them in Montana, some years ago. I know blueberries are out, so I'm making an assumption.

Got any pictures? I could at least perv the hell out of a picture of that confection!

Surprisingly, I do okay with gluten free cheesecake -- can't get enough of it, the more fat the better. However, I think huckleberries are out. I learned to love them in Montana, some years ago. I know blueberries are out, so I'm making an assumption.

Got any pictures? I could at least perv the hell out of a picture of that confection!

Sorry, no pics and there is only a week old quarter left. I don't think it is gluten free either. It has a graham cracker crust (maybe I could make it with pecan crust next time) and there is a small amount of flour in the cake.

Sorry, no pics and there is only a week old quarter left. I don't think it is gluten free either. It has a graham cracker crust (maybe I could make it with pecan crust next time) and there is a small amount of flour in the cake.

There are plenty of places that make a gluten free cheesecake. Pecan crust is yummy but all nuts are off my diet. I might as well be a nun or a hermit or some ascetic shit. Have learned to love what I can eat and make the best of it.

There are plenty of places that make a gluten free cheesecake. Pecan crust is yummy but all nuts are off my diet. I might as well be a nun or a hermit or some ascetic shit. Have learned to love what I can eat and make the best of it.

I see. The wife just had gall bladder removed so we are just learning what she can and cannot eat. Luckily I don't have any diet restrictions (See food diet--see food, eat it) but if she is on a diet, I guess I am too.

Huckleberries in and of themselves are gluten free as are blueberries. There is always concern of cross contamination with wheat or other gluten containing grains though so it's good to check the source if you don't harvest them yourself.

Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies, of course. A tin of those retails about $4.68 in most stores, but I found an Amish dent and bent store that's selling them for $1.25. We grabbed three tins of them a couple weeks ago, they don't even expire until June '24.

View attachment 880978
The cookies would be a bonus. I use those tins for guitar odds and ends. And fishing stuff. And just whatever.

I make make-do hinges on them with gaffer tape.

Huckleberries in and of themselves are gluten free as are blueberries. There is always concern of cross contamination with wheat or other gluten containing grains though so it's good to check the source if you don't harvest them yourself.

Gluten is not my concern with the berries. I have strong oxalic acid sensitivity and so many berries are high oxalate. Same with nuts, legumes and grains. All the healthiest foods can be high oxalate.

It's a bummer.

Gluten is not my concern with the berries. I have strong oxalic acid sensitivity and so many berries are high oxalate. Same with nuts, legumes and grains. All the healthiest foods can be high oxalate.

It's a bummer.

Yes no fun. As those among my friends and family include the gluten intolerant, IBS, diabetics, the salt restricted, those on weight reduction programs, vegetarians, vegans, a host of allergies and intolerances, and also some rather eclectic food dislikes, my kitchen has become something of a science lab figuring out ways to put appetizing, healthy, and attractive meals on the table that feed everybody. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back